Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

TDR cars? A little lacklustre??

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
Archminion
driver

TDR cars? A little lacklustre??

Post by Archminion »

Sorry to any major fans here as this is not a total put down post or anything but I just couldn't help but feel that some of TDR's vehicles were a little........generic..

I've been a massive fan of C1, 2 and the SP for years and I've only recently picked up TDR2K again as I didn't spend as much time as I'd liked with it before.

After getting a lot more cars this time and really taking my time to get to know most of them I couldn't help but miss most of the old Stainless designs.

It's a shame that Torus only really brought back a few classic cars other than the Eagle- Annihilator and King Merc to name 2.

Some of the new designs are great! I love The Fortress, The Beast and the Mad Max cars (although ripping off those cars exactly seemed like the team were running out of creative ideas).

It just seems that many new cars are either a rehash of an old design with less style and interesting features (Pogo Mini, the Dodge Charger and Tres Hombres for instance).

Or the designs were so whacked out and bizzare as to be ridiculous (Rubber Ducky, The Wheel anyone)?

As I said, there are some great designs as well and with 60ish cars including the NBP you can understand that Torus would have started to run out of ideas but I would have liked to have seen more newer version of old favourites.

Anyway, rant out the way.

Would anyone mind letting me know which were their fave Torus cars and why please?

And just to add. I actually enjoy the game immensely and with the time patch in place I think it's excellent. Tho some of those missions really bust my balls....

autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Re: TDR cars? A little lacklustre??

Post by autopilot »

I happen to like the stock tdr cars over the stock cars of the other carma games. I dislike a lot of them as well of course (like the novelty ones you mentioned), but I like the fact TDR has a lot of more "normal" cars, such as the ka, hold on, vulture, femme fatel, bumbly bee, chef, enforcer, charger etc. I guess its more against the carma spirit, but they still are modified to an extent and thus still makes sense... say if this were to happen in real life.. you gotta use whats out there in the real world.
Archminion
driver

Post by Archminion »

Yeah,

I understand. There are a ton of cars and they are a great mix to me but I think it's just with me brought up on the earlier Carma's I just have a soft spot for the more customised armour plates, spines, knives and big bumpers and stuff.

To Autopilot: I always felt that with Carma 1 and 2 been pretty much a homage to 'that film' then the cars were pretty faithful to the source material w/o ripping it off completely.

I do understand that having more real life cars will give the game a more realistic feel, so that's a good point though.

To Toshiba-3: Yeah, I missed that bloody Ped Basher! Lol! Great looking 'car' but a twat to drive I reckon..

And I do like the new Eagle's grungy look and the Chef.

Now, I only miss the driver bio's...LOL!

Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

They should have at least brought the hawk back and maybe a tashita3, i really didnt like tdr2000 it isnt like a real carmageddon game
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Archminion
driver

Post by Archminion »

Well,

I finished the game legit today for the 1st time ever.

Some great extra cars (god that Surpressor is still great...)

The car I always wanted to use was the Master Mine- surely it's gotta be Big Dump?

Looks the same??

it's defo a novelty car there. Totally useless. I couldn't even kill the Shark!!

The truck just keeps rolling over it while the Sharks health stays at %100..

I think they butchered my fave C2 car there...

Still the Surpressors, nearly brings a tear to my eye with the nostalgia.
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Most of TDR2000's cars sucked the big A-double-S, some were cool (e.g. The Panzer, Eagle, Chef, cant really remember them all) but they brought loads of new crap in (e.g. the crappy Ford KA ripoff, ducky and all those other film ripoff cars).
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Archminion
driver

Post by Archminion »

Yeah,

I have a soft spot for the Mad Max cars but they aren't 'inspired' by the films, they exact copies!

I would have thought they would have been something in place that wouldn't let Torus use those cars.

Still I've had fun...

Just re-installin C2 now....
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Yeah well I'm not fond of Torus for ruining a good series.

PaPuRRi
pedestrian

Post by PaPuRRi »

i didnt see the mad max film, so, wich are the mad max cars?

oh, and the cars than u say than they are bizarre, like rubber duckie and the wheel, well, u forgot the spectre, that car is da worst, really, i jumped with 100% (life) from a building and when i crashed into the ground i got WASTED!! (the car splited up!!) lol

hum... i said: "WHAT THE FREAKING FUCKING FUCK?!!!! THIS CAR IS A BIG PIECE OF BULL CRAP!!"

but well, the did those stupid cars only for being opponents ^^

oh, and u forgot the McKilem, that car rocks!! with the turbo (and all the power slots filled) i reahced 756 MPH!! :rofl:
I'm Surrounded of Assholes...
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

WHAT THE...how's that stupid? I find it hilarious AND more real like as you have to think what happens with a real car from a real building falling towards a real ground it really does get wasted.
PaPuRRi
pedestrian

Post by PaPuRRi »

well,TTR, it was a SMALL buolding and it is not real life, it is Carmageddon, in a Carma World a car cannot get wasted in that way!!
PaPuRRi
pedestrian

Post by PaPuRRi »

anyway, the spectre is a piece of bullcrap on 3 wheels :S

Check who’s online