Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

How do I get more than 6 ai opponents?

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
trelane
pedestrian

How do I get more than 6 ai opponents?

Post by trelane »

hey, I was just wondering how I get more than 6 ai opponents in trd2000. I've seen screenshots with others doing it, so I assume it's possible
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post deleted by coffeycup

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Tony
Ninja

Re: How do I get more than 6 ai opponents?

Post by Tony »

Yeah, that's correct. "makeai" and the name of the vehicle followed up by that. Since most of the cheats are case sensitive, this one is all in lowercase.

Though another thing related to the carnames is that I don't really now if the car folder names work to be written to spawn a car, or if it's any of the names in a TXT. Can't really say for sure.
-[ Growl Karaoke ]-[ Image ]-[ Abacorn ]-[ Portfolio ]-
Recent exploit: Trapped The Forces of Evil in a box.. and shaked it!
trelane
pedestrian

Post by trelane »

yeah, thanks, makeai works.

I got the pakrat2 program from the sdk, but editing the races.txt didn't change the starting lineup. I know it's possible because the screenshot I saw had all those cars lined up at the start... guess I'll just have to keep trying different things ;-)
Tony
Ninja

Post by Tony »

I was going to say "that's a certain addon rack", but I think I wont say that. I've had some problems with packrat when trying to re-pack stuff. If I understand it correctly, an extracted txt should be read instead of the one in the packed file.

Lot's of tricky stuff that ruins it all :wink:
trelane
pedestrian

Post by trelane »

oh yeah, had plenty of trouble with that ;-)

I extracted the one file I needed to edit, but I couldn't get it added back in. So I unpacked everything, changed the file, repacked everything, and then checked to make sure the file actually had been changed and was repaked correctly. but still no dice. ah well, makeai works for me, all I wanted was more ai's so that after wasting several, I wasn't low on opponents ;-) lol

but it's a little funny adding 12 cars in the ` screen, then going back to the game and watching all them spawn above me and drop in a massive pile. :lol:

Tony
Ninja

Post by Tony »

You made sure it was the correct file corresponding that specific track?

And it didn't work to just extract it and then change? Letting the file exist in the same folder the packed file is in.
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

Some maps cant take more than 6 OPs from the start, I believe the ones that have any objects on the map behind the starting grid, or where the ground isnt completely flat.

In c2 it would be fine-some vehicles would be half stuck in mountains or the incline in trhe road or whateverand eventually reset themselves when you go far away enough, tdr just crashes.
trelane
pedestrian

Post by trelane »

ah, gotcha. I'll keep playing around and see what I can do
NitroX
nymphetamine

Post by NitroX »

If you put to many in your txt file, the game will crash when you go to race. Depending on your computers specs I believe, the most I can fit is 26, unless I use the makeai, in which I've managed to add 53.
Was Der So Alles Kann

Check who’s online