Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

My last resource

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
Magma
pedestrian

My last resource

Post by Magma »

Hello. I\'m a carmageddon maniac since the very first game who\'s been playing the TDR 2000 demo for quite a few years, but now I\'m facing the devastating problem of not being able to get my hands on the full version.

I\'m living in a consolidating communist hell which basically means the former dictator decides who can buy $ and I ain\'t getting none since I\'m registered in a black list as someone devoted to democratic values, therefore even when I can actually afford to buy the game, I wouldn\'t be able to.

Internet will be soon turning into an intranet with absoultely no access to anything outside the country, in fact, they have already started doing so with some journalistic, pro-democracy and anti-communist sites plus a couple of p2p networks because several videos exposing this criminal state were leaked and became a popular share.

I\'m telling you this out of a major need, I know it\'s a big mistake because warez is probably off limits but I have no choice. My life is as sad as it gets, this place is becoming portrait of Cuba and I\'d really like you to let me grab a copy before I lost contact with the outter world. I\'m also aware of the fact that this won\'t stop me from becoming a salve, but playing TDR could make the proccess less miserable.

If you have the original uncensored version of the game by Xicat (not the SCI\'s with patches), an application for creating CD images and you feel like helping me out, please PM me. I\'ll be forever in debt to your kindness.

Thank you very much and sorry if I\'ve wasted your time.
Deamon
turbo bastard

Re: My last resource

Post by Deamon »

What country might that be?
Carmageddon UNlimited Team For all your wrecking needs!
"All prey keep left. Fellow raptors keep up."
TDR2000 MAX-Pack A community add-on pack.
Magma
pedestrian

Post by Magma »

Venezuela.
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

Beroc-Lord of Destruction
road raged psycho

Post by Beroc-Lord of Destruction »

kudos.....
Magma
pedestrian

Post by Magma »

You didn\'t read my post, did you? :sad:
Deathrow
aka kyle_tdr

Post by Deathrow »

Im guessing your story is probably bullshit and if in an unfourtunate case its not, i dont think anyone here is going to risk their neck giving you an illegal copy, especially when you joined just to ask for it.

Sorry.
Econobrick
Stucco

Post by Econobrick »

I'm not really questioning his sincerity (I mean it IS possible...Maybe?!) And Hell, I'd send him my TDR...box and all if I could be bothered to do so. (I might've played it a grand total of 4 times) My brother actually bought it, but he didn't even play it once!

But really, how in the hell could that game be that important to you...especially if this is all true?
Magma
pedestrian

Post by Magma »

When you are in borderline situation like mine, when you are forced to give up your rights, your freedom of speech, your private property and basically everything that makes life worth having, utterly insignificant things start meaning something to you. In my particular case, it\'s this game. I like it so much it has become my sole scape from this pathetic joke of a reality.

For christ\'s sake, this game sells for about 6-16$ which\'s absolutely nothing, even in here where a single $ costs as much a 2650Bs (3700Bs in the black market), but sadly not everyone, specially \"traitors\" like me, are allowed to have some. I\'m not that poor or even close to cheap, I\'d be more than pleased to pay for it (just as I used to before this place went hell), but nobody with half functional brain would accept getting paid with my local currency.

Letting me have the game wouldn\'t mean a risk whatsoever since the transfer could be carried out secretly, nobody has to know about this. It\'s all about having a bit of compassion, but if you don\'t care about my problem (why should you anyways?), I can\'t do nothing about it.

Your trash might be someone else\'s treasure :sad:
Tony
Ninja

Post by Tony »

How could it be a "risk" giving someone an illegal copy of something?

Yes, I've heard and read about people that's been cought. But mos tof those guys also have been those who made an profit of it, right? Then there are of course a bunch of exceptions too where more "innocent" people been pushed down and forced to pay or meet jail.

We had a nice little demonstration 1 of May '04. We walked for some time and then at the stop we waved our burned CD's and gave them to a new friend next to us. File sharing :smile:

And then there are these situations

"Swedish policemen in civil clothes arrested a young woman for handing out CDs at a public demonstration, arguing that she was breaking copyright laws. She was later released."

There were a lot of people sharing cd's, and they took a young woman to state an example, or something. She found it weird why she got cought, when there are many many more downloading stuff at there jobs and at home. Another man was also cought, handing out CD's.. of his demo "For hilvede"
-[ Growl Karaoke ]-[ Image ]-[ Abacorn ]-[ Portfolio ]-
Recent exploit: Trapped The Forces of Evil in a box.. and shaked it!
Alan
Honkey

Post by Alan »

Damn that sucks... and she had nice hooters too. :sad:
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

LoL Alan...i agree tho :wink:
Deathrow
aka kyle_tdr

Post by Deathrow »

Its a bad angle, but it looks like you might need a paper bag to put over her head though.
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

She's wearing a surgical glove.

Also, what's the deal with the woman in blue? - she's got her arm around the strangled-woman's arm, but appears to have a hand that is /seriously/ out of proportion with her body
random_monkey
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

Hmm i think i have to agree with the bag thing lol

But surgical glove? nah man that because of the blur it looks like :tongue:

Same thing with the hand of the woman hehe, its all taken in a hurry :wink:
Kolnedra
hit n run

Post by Kolnedra »

im still wondering whenever the govs. gonna get some sense and realise that they cant stop file sharing, it would make it easier for them -.-

anyhow i dont see any risk anyhow by sending stuff over mail, send a copy of my old worms armageddon cd to a friend of mine in canada

Check who’s online