Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

problems with some cars

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
Artemi
driver

problems with some cars

Post by Artemi »

1) When trying to load Helmaster car I get "asset not found: HellMaster.hie" and get back to Windows. Is ther a workaround?

2) Has anyone played with the Big Dog addon car? Personally I've never played with it although I have it installed. Sometimes TDR just throws me out of the game with no warning when trying to load a level. I have a suspiction that this happens because of some flawed cars, Big Dog being one of them. Any thoughts / solutions?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Beroc-Lord of Destruction
road raged psycho

Re: problems with some cars

Post by Beroc-Lord of Destruction »

HellMaster must be at home, So I can't give you any advice on it now, though I don't remember having problems like that with it. Perhaps there is something amiss in your files.

machine crashes can be caused by various things. If you have not tinkered with your Assets/Cars/Car_Descriptor.txt file at all, then the problem is most likely not cars.
Artemi
driver

Post by Artemi »

Of course I've changed the cardescriptor many times when installing new cars.
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

There is no need to edit the car decsriptor file when you have the nosebleed patch installed, the carname.txt in each addon cars folder does the work for you so you just have to add a new car to your cars directory.

Your best bet is to replace your car descriptor with an unedited one.
Artemi
driver

Post by Artemi »

But if I do, all of my addon cars would be lost and I'll have to install them anew.
ApeX__
Banned

Post by ApeX__ »

There is no need to edit the car decsriptor file when you have the nosebleed patch installed, the carname.txt in each addon cars folder does the work for you so you just have to add a new car to your cars directory.

But if I do, all of my addon cars would be lost and I'll have to install them anew.

im not sure if im reading D_A's comment wrong, but dosnt that say that the game will pick up

the newly installed cars automaticly?
Haha Fuck you Kitteh
Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

Yes. But you need to have the Nose Bleed Patch/Pack installed.

http://tb.polygonized.com/dtd/tdr_carguide.shtml
ApeX__
Banned

Post by ApeX__ »

confirmed! :grin: thanks Beast

this is slightly off topic, but you should listen to "The Beast" by Tech N9ne, you might like it

could be your theme song :tongue:
Haha Fuck you Kitteh
Artemi
driver

Post by Artemi »

This is the procedure I used to install all of my addon cars, but HellMaster and BigDog do not work, it seems. :sad:

Check who’s online