Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

modify eagle4

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
Raven
pedestrian

modify eagle4

Post by Raven »

hi.

been sitting for over an hour now to try to find a way to increase engine power on the eagle4 but has sofar been unable to find a solution.

also been looking where to change the weight of the eagle4 and the only i found sofar was regarding the tyres.

any hints to where i should look ?

i think i have found where to change damage but if you know it easily please feel free to write it down too.

any help is appreciated :smile:

Regards

Raven
codemonkey
Captain Obvious

Re: modify eagle4

Post by codemonkey »

i think you change car details and settings in the pak files.

you can get more information about the bloody things from c know and you can download some program like win zip that opens pak files from another website somewhere in the wide blue yonder we call the internet. i hope this helps and please replys to tell us your findings.
Raven
pedestrian

Post by Raven »

have already gone through \carma3\ASSETS\Cars\Eagle4 folder and the pak file in it but havnt found anywhere yet to change weight.

have also been looking where to modify the powerups but all i found there was basicly names.
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

You cant specificaly change the powerups but you can change the points and time given by editing the powerups.txt in the carma.pak

btw, not sure if you know by this thread but 'PakRat' is contained within the tdr sdk, which opens carma's pak files.

http://www.planetmaim.com/file_details.php?id=45
Raven
pedestrian

Post by Raven »

there is no powerup.txt in the specified file.

there is only a file called powerupstrings_internal.txt

got a program called packrat and its works.

have extracted a txt file modified it and put it in the pak file again and those modifications works just fine

Check who’s online