Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Nosebleed problems & addon cars

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
RideTheCrash
driver

Nosebleed problems & addon cars

Post by RideTheCrash »

Okay, I have the UK version with the blood patch so it has humans instead of zombies. I couldn't get any addon cars to work so I installed the Noosebleed patch. Since the .exe file is the same as the game, I copied all the files to a new game folder, because once before I tried replacing the .exe file and it totally messed my game up and I had to reinstall it.

Now a while ago I installed that Super Speedway track and to my surprise it showed up with these Nosebleed version. But everytime I tried to start a race I got that Powerup Strings error. I've read up on it here, but the posts are older and I don't see any of the attachments that people did to replace the file. Can anyone give me a hand with this?
RideTheCrash
driver

Re: Nosebleed problems & addon cars

Post by RideTheCrash »

Okay, so update: my original version I tried doing the text file updates and when I go to setCar Batmobile97 the game brings up a big game error about one of the files for the car.

The other version I copied elsewhere on my computer with the Nosebleed...the PowerUp Strings file isn't updated so it can't accomodate the new powerups I'm assuming. Help?
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

batmobile97 needs the upgrade patch to work as it uses features from the patch(flames).

all i can say about getting tdr to work is to do it this way:

uninstall everything properly. patch then tdr then delete sci's dir, and if you know how delete tdr's registry entries.

Install tdr, reboot, install the nb patch then the blood patch.

TDR's patch has a habbit of screwing up half the time, usualy when it cant open a file to replace it and it just skips past it.

other than that it should work fine, tho check your display and sound settings in tdr's setup as they can also mess up the game quite well.
RideTheCrash
driver

Post by RideTheCrash »

Okay well I still have the problem with the Powerup strings thing. Can someone put up the updated file with the new powerups up or just tell me what to type in the file to get the game to let it work? thanks.
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

What seems to happen quite often is the patch not updating the .exe file, try this .exe (http://pm.polygonized.com/file_details.php?id=146 )its the nb crack.

If that doesnt work ill upload the strings files for you.
RideTheCrash
driver

Post by RideTheCrash »

Thanks, but it's still not working because of that String file.
Xen
pedestrian

Post by Xen »

Hey..

I tried replacing the nb strings with the originals and it still doesnt seem to work.. You can go ahead and upload if you want, Dark Angel. Just thought i'd post to let you know..

My best guess is the NoseBleed cd crack being a problem. I'll find out soon. I orderd a copy of TDR for £5 ($6-8) and it'll try it and see if it still gives me that error.

Hmm, come to think of it. I've never replaced the whole Strings folder yet. Maybe i'll try that some time.

I still dont see that the major error TDR has with the PowerUp string.. But, whatever..

Just one of the many problems with warez.
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

it doesnt matter if its warez or retail everybody at one time or another gets the strings error.
RideTheCrash
driver

Post by RideTheCrash »

So is it possible to post the updated string file?
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

RideTheCrash
driver

Post by RideTheCrash »

Thank you so much! You rock! At first it didn't work, but then I realized there was another file "PowerUp Internal" or whatever, so I switched that too with your file. But then I kept getting this "missing powerups1.tx" error, so I made a fake file but then it kept going up in numbers so I made a bunch and it ended up working. And I got Super Speedway to work as well.

I ALSO got the Batmobile to work...so insane...I even burned peds with the flame at the back. All in all, everything seems to bust apart easier, I think this is because of the Nosebleed patch? Pretty sure I've heard someone say that. Thanks again.

Check who’s online