Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Gumball 3000 mega level

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
codemonkey
Captain Obvious

Gumball 3000 mega level

Post by codemonkey »

Right simply i am planning to make a mega series of levels copying the landscape of the infamous rally gumball 3000. the only problem is i have no one to help me develop this. I do know how to make levels ect but it will take me absoulutly years to make. so if you could contribute levels, cars or any help whatsoever i would so magorly apreciate this because this is one of my carmaggedon dreams! thanx for a great website. :help: [color:purple] [/color] my email is bigfuzzyfox456@hotmail.com

Beroc-Lord of Destruction
road raged psycho

Re: Gumball 3000 mega level

Post by Beroc-Lord of Destruction »

I am to assume you are intent on making this for Carmageddon TDR. A game notorious for not providing any method of creating new geometry for levels... We can make cars, but not levels. I think this game would have gone alot further in the mod community if they would have just given us a way to make new levels......

Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

if you gave money/sex/your soul to Errol or Ratty, you might just get the 'secret' of maps for tdr. all worked out for them a long time before the sdk came out...
codemonkey
Captain Obvious

Post by codemonkey »

sorry i have not been able to reply my internet has been down. aparently you can load pak files with some program edit them. all the levels for carmaggedon tdr have them so you can get a basic template from tham and carry on from there. it might work but it also may be more hassle than its worth. thanks for the replys. and does any one have any cars mimiking any gumaball cars. [font color="purple"> </font color>
codemonkey
Captain Obvious

Post by codemonkey »

whos ratty?
Deathrow
aka kyle_tdr

Post by Deathrow »

Ignore him, we have been down this road more than once before and its a dead end im affraid.
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

ratty made the eagle 1 and a track, and stuff.
codemonkey
Captain Obvious

Post by codemonkey »

why have we revived a old post that i have abandoned because it seems just too dificult to justify making it?

<> <>

l

NNNNN
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post deleted by coffeycup

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
codemonkey
Captain Obvious

Post by codemonkey »

what the hell you on about
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

it wernt finished, well, not even hardly made at all.

but it was there and long before the sdk as i remember.
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Post by Mad Max RW »

You can make maps and import them into the game, but they only act as "ghosts" in already existing maps. If I remember correctly Ratty or somebody else (Beroc?) made a simple landscape and forced it into the Back of Beyond map. You ended up with the same collision detection for the original Beyond terrain and stuff, but what you saw was the replaced landscape.

To put it simply, custom TDR maps doesn't work and never will.
codemonkey
Captain Obvious

Post by codemonkey »

shame. but we can all hope that either eidos will move their ases and get number 4 in the series out there or we make a game ourselfs as a comunity!
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Sez codemonkey:

"Right simply i am planning to make a mega series of levels copying the landscape of the infamous rally gumball 3000. the only problem is i have no one to help me develop this. I do know how to make levels ect but it will take me absoulutly years to make. so if you could contribute levels, cars or any help whatsoever i would so magorly apreciate this because this is one of my carmaggedon dreams!"

Hmm..So....yr saying....."I want all these new tracks and stuff, but it would take me too long to make 'em, so if you all would be so kind as to do it for me, I'd really appreciate it!"

OI...!? :help:
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***

Check who’s online