Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Skinning Tutorial

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
Pugnacious
pedestrian

Skinning Tutorial

Post by Pugnacious »

I own all the US versions of the series and i dug TDR 2000 out of the case the other day and i'm trying to do some editing on it. Can anyone direct me to some skinning tutorials or some information on them? I've been researching editing this game since it came out, and most of the sites with addon cars have broken links and such. I'm trying to find extra cars and some tutorials on making skins. If anyone can help, i would appreciate it.
Dark Angel
angelus

Re: Skinning Tutorial

Post by Dark Angel »

Well for skinning all you need to do is go to the car you want to skin in tdr and press 'new', call the skin somehting then exit the game. Browse to where the car is in 'C:\games\tdr\assest\cars\carname\skins' and you'll find 2 .bmp files in there. You can edit those however you like in photoshop or whatever you use.

Once you've edited them paste them back into the skins folder of the car, go back into tdr to the car, select the skin you created and press 'update', also press 'active' as it will make it the active skin (you can have many for one car).

For other editing get the TDR SDK HERE, it has 'Pakrat' which lets you see inside all those .pak files, you can pretty much edit everything you want.
Pugnacious
pedestrian

Re: Skinning Tutorial

Post by Pugnacious »

Thanks. That helps ALOT. It also might help if i installed it on my main graphics box instead of my laptop.

Check who’s online