Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Tdr launcher problem?

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
Alan
Honkey

Tdr launcher problem?

Post by Alan »

I went and got my Tdr cd out of the rack and the launcher doesnt work. Says the launcher ahs encountered a problem and must be shut down. I cant run it from 'explore this cd' under My Computer either.. Anyone know a way around this? :supermad:
NitroX
nymphetamine

Re: Tdr launcher problem?

Post by NitroX »

hmm .. I wouldnt know .. if you have yet to install it I would just get rid of the CD and get a cracked version. I have a cracked version of c2 .. works not bad
Was Der So Alles Kann
Alan
Honkey

Post by Alan »

What's odd is this is the very cd I've had all along. I installed it on my old pc using this and it worked fine! :help:
Tony
Ninja

Post by Tony »

Do you mean the launcher as in "TDR2000Menu.exe", from the cd? If that's just the problem, try opening the "setup.exe" right away. But if That's the problem (setup.exe), then it's tricky. I guess a way would be to manually open the *.cab files, but I havn't had so much luck with opening any such file.

I hope it's only the launcher that's freaky (TDR2000Menu.exe). GO for the Setup prog!
-[ Growl Karaoke ]-[ Image ]-[ Abacorn ]-[ Portfolio ]-
Recent exploit: Trapped The Forces of Evil in a box.. and shaked it!
Alan
Honkey

Post by Alan »

Tried that too! It didnt work, I also couldnt open the .cab files, tried that too! :sad:....... :supermad: :help:
ApeX__
Banned

Post by ApeX__ »

check the CD for really bad scratch's, by holding it up to the light, and if there are small dots of light

shinning through then the Cd is a goner

Also, as a side note, my xbox did this with Halo (Original) but if i keep trying

by opening and closing the tray it loads, maybe this is the problem

(Halo CD has no scratchs at all!)
Haha Fuck you Kitteh
Deathrow
aka kyle_tdr

Post by Deathrow »

Apex is correct, if the cd has light shining through its time to bin it (or send it to AOL so they can reprint it, bloody idiots). However, if there arent too many bad scratches on the CD try using a different drive on your PC (if you have one), DVD drives tend to be better because they actually read the CD slower, a DVD Reader/Writer is probably the best, but use whatever you have. Short of that, try it on a friends computer and see if it works then.
Alan
Honkey

Post by Alan »

Tried these too. Oddly the cd hasnt got a single scratch ion it, it looks like new! And the drive I use is a DVD-RW drive so it should work fine...
Deathrow
aka kyle_tdr

Post by Deathrow »

Well, I think we can follow that down to a system problem then. Do other CD's work in your DVD-RW drive? Give one a go and get back to us. Short of that, I have no idea what you could try. Sorry Alan.
Alan
Honkey

Post by Alan »

Thankyou for the ideas guys.. I got tired of messing with it so I did a bad thing and downloaded it off a file shairing problem, which is bad as I said. BUT as I paid for the original game I feel it's OK.. And it works! Now how do I get rid of the other driver's horribly annoying constant commentary?!
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

I dont know if theres an easier way, but I unpack the sounds folder and mute (by editing the wav files) all the sounds I dont like!
NitroX
nymphetamine

Post by NitroX »

mute all sounds, then get play win amp .. if you have a no cd crack you can't hear music even if you have it on.
Was Der So Alles Kann
Alan
Honkey

Post by Alan »

I may have to do that Pilot! Eh, as I recall the original music in the game sucked ass anyways, so it's better as is! :grin: :rofl:......... :suicide:
Alan
Honkey

Post by Alan »

I spoke too soon! I figured I'd upgrade the game.. I installed the nosebleed cd patch, mini patch then the no cd patch and I get this:

ApeX__
Banned

Post by ApeX__ »

if i remeber correctly, when i installed the nbp it gave me that error as well, newton told me

to Uninstall then reinstall, it worked

Also, here (the us) its perfectly Legal to obtain a cracked (Warez) version of software when

you Own the original CD
Haha Fuck you Kitteh
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post deleted by coffeycup

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Alan
Honkey

Post by Alan »

Whats odd is the one I downloaded is apparently a UK version, I installed that, the Nosebleed patch and then the nosebleed CD patch and it still asks for the cd?
NitroX
nymphetamine

Post by NitroX »

no no .. you only need the mini patch. then install the no cd patch.
Was Der So Alles Kann
Alan
Honkey

Post by Alan »

It sort of works, I installed it , then the no cd patch. Now I get it shutting down at the car choosing screen. It gives error messages sometimes involving the powerups, then other times regarding the Shark car, which I thought was a Nosebleed vehicle.. What the hell!?!!?
NitroX
nymphetamine

Post by NitroX »

Jaws = nosebleed

Shark = Original

Look man, I have the US version, plain and simple .. but here's what I did to get things to work .. I installed the patch from wolverine's website www.tdr2k.cjb.net that's where I got all the files for tdr2000.
Was Der So Alles Kann
Alan
Honkey

Post by Alan »

Mine appears to eb a UK one, everything mentions zombies.. Heres how it goes:

From when I downloaded it, I installed it. It works perfect! BUT if I install the nosebleed patch with the appropriate Cd crack it craps out and gives me this!

autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

I had a UKzombie version at one time, installing any patches NEVER worked no matter what I tried (either the mini nose bleed path, or the blood patch to get rid of the zombies) I think I got the same sorta errors you're describing, eventually I ditched it and got a US version and never had any problems with any patches or anything. If you're gonna use the UK one I think you'll have to delete it all and reinstall it and dont install any patches for it.
NitroX
nymphetamine

Post by NitroX »

There's a version on eMule I uploaded there.
Was Der So Alles Kann
Tony
Ninja

Post by Tony »

I got the UKzombie and I have still not gotten a problem which couldn't be solved. Usually it's been a litle error in the Options.txt about the country code.

After I've installed the upgradepatch (nosebleed) I take the blood patch. Both patches want to replace the "options.txt" file. The change in this file I do myself. From UKzombie to UK(Human blood), after the blood patch.

Here's the actual one right now (recently installed the game on this computer)

// Country codes

// 0 = UK, 1= UKZombie, 2 = FRE, 3 = GER, 4 = IT, 5 = SP

COUNTRY 1
-[ Growl Karaoke ]-[ Image ]-[ Abacorn ]-[ Portfolio ]-
Recent exploit: Trapped The Forces of Evil in a box.. and shaked it!
Alan
Honkey

Post by Alan »

I just got a brand new TDR cd today, right out of the box new! Put in the cd, the launcher fires up to the screen where you hit the button to install the game and it shuts down with a launcher error message!?!?

It's a brand new game! :supermad: :suicide: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

I think its that computer of yours! Didnt c2 do the same type of non-sense?! Do any games work period? I think you should introduce that computer to Mr. Cro-Bar.
Alan
Honkey

Post by Alan »

I only have a few games installed and they work! I have Painkiller (fun) installed which works perfectly and a few older games, all of which work fine! The games that are screwed are C2 and for some reason Tdr.. :sad: :suicide: :help:
NitroX
nymphetamine

Post by NitroX »

Tdr is a buggy game, It doesn't work on all computers, I don't think c1 does either .. My buddies and I couldn't get it to work for us .. c2 seems to work pretty good though.
Was Der So Alles Kann

Check who’s online