Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

The Headless SpeederScout

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
oogaBooga
pedestrian

The Headless SpeederScout

Post by oogaBooga »

That title's a grabber! Too bad there's no substance behind it!

Anyways, i'm new to this forum, though not by any means new to the underground world of carma editing. Which is to say, I enjoy the fruits of others' work, not mine own. Especially Errol's site (sp?).Back when I still had Carmageddon 2, my favorite car by far, was the SpeederBike from star wars (You know, the two-person zippy craft they had chase scenes in Endor with). Now, I heard somewhere that cars have actually been made here BY REQUEST! Well, it's a longshot, but I was wondering if one of our many talented people might take it upon themselves to re-create it. That's probably asking a lot, i've no idea the amount of work put into each car, especially one so snazzy as the one i'm requesting. If it's any consolation, and if it might turn someone's decision, the Carma2 one is floating around out there somewhere still. In fact, I believe i have a CD with all my old cars in it. If that makes the process easier, i will gladly dig through my CD pile and get it for you.

Well, that said, I have no hopes of someone taking this seriously and doing it, but should someone do so, i'll.. i'll... drink a glass of vegemite. And take pictures.

-ooga
NitroX
nymphetamine

Re: The Headless SpeederScout

Post by NitroX »

Note: Same vehicle was designed for nfs 3 and 4 to my knowledge. http://www.nfscars.com listed under star wars bike .. I'm not a star wars fan so I don't actually know the whole terminology shit.
Was Der So Alles Kann
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

Isnt that bike up some where? i know for sure i d/led it somewhere!

And if you do find the cd with old stuff please do share it! :smile:
oogaBooga
pedestrian

Post by oogaBooga »

Alright... I dug up the CD and here is a list of the foldernames found in the cars folder: (all for carmageddon 2 btw)

63Galaxie

Alpha_X

BajaStreet

BatAS

Buckaroo_B

debe

Decapitator

Digga

Formula1

gcam

Generally

granvette

growler

GT90

HalfTrak

hover

Hrs

HRSMT

mauler

mini

MonsterTBird

Motorbike

OddRod

Orolla

PureChaos

sbike (YAY MY SPEEDER BIKE!!!!!!!)

SkoolBus

Snowplow

TntGtsC

Trolley

ufo

Alright, keep in mind those are the folder names, and i have no idea which each individual one may be, but if you happen to remember from experience, good on ya:)

I'm hoping some of these are much-wanted by a few people, particularly people familiar in modelling and porting for TDR.. heh heh...

Now I wish I could hold them hostage in ransom for a ported SpeederBike, but I'm not that coldhearted. I, too, know what it is like to have an awesome mod out of reach in a shrinking gaming community. I edit things for a game called Myth II, which btw is the greatest real time strategy warfare game ever, with none of that stupid resource building bullsh1t, just awesome physics and formations up the arse ::end shameless plug::.

Anyways, i'm not exactly sure which files you need to get the cars up and running, i seem to remember having to put things in separate folders (I had C2 on my g4, and nobody made a .twt utility for the mac, sadly), so youll just have to deal with the fact i dont have them in .twt format.

There are quite a few of these, so i'm not sure how to go about upping them, so perhaps I could just meet someone on AIM or Hotline or somesuch and zip the whole shebang and send it.

Please though, someone, take my request for a TDR speederbike seriously, or youll break my heart:(

-ooga

Check who’s online