Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Speed mods in TDR?

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
Zardhex
pedestrian

Speed mods in TDR?

Post by Zardhex »

Hello everyone. I'm new here and have read alot of helpful info posted by alotof talented ppl on this board. I've been a Carma fan since the very first game, and been tweakin a couple cars in TDR2000 lately (*.func, gear ratios.) I even made some simple skins for the Mighty Muff (I like trucks!) and added a couple different horns. However I am curious about two things: 1) Is there a way to change the speedometer on the HUD to output in MPH instead of KPH, and 2) how can I increase the topspeed of a vehicle? No matter how i gear it, certain vehicles (say, mighty muff) cant seem to crack 360kph. I had The McKillin way past 400! Been changin params everywhere but cant seem to find the one that'll open'em up. I got the UK Zombie with nosebleed patch. Anybody know?
suicide_jockey
turbo bastard

Re: Speed mods in TDR?

Post by suicide_jockey »

i cam answer question number 1, the reason you have kph is beacuase you have the uk version, dont think you can change that.
Zardhex
pedestrian

Post by Zardhex »

Yeah, I pretty much figured i'd have to get the us ver. If theres a variable in any of the editable files that lets me plug in 0.62 as a multiplier for kph to mph, it must not be available without tryin to hack into the exe. :sad: As far as Q#2 I got a little headway with the ATTRIBUTES_* files tweakin friction and dampening and what not, but still doesn't affect the speedcap of 360. The Police State maps seem to let me let loose in certain parts of the track, but thats about it. I really dont wanna deviate from the attrib presets, cuz, that would just make the game suck 2 much! O well......

Thanx for the reply, Suicide :beer:
Tony
Ninja

Post by Tony »

It seems there's a 360 roof regarding the speed. No idea if it can be changed at all.

But an easy way to get way past 700-1200+ Kmh, or something, just let thevehicle stop touching the ground and blow away some some of that Afterburner. Works perfect if it's hoovering.
-[ Growl Karaoke ]-[ Image ]-[ Abacorn ]-[ Portfolio ]-
Recent exploit: Trapped The Forces of Evil in a box.. and shaked it!
NitroX
nymphetamine

Post by NitroX »

Changing versions is a piece of cake guys. in your options text your game is configured to 0-7, change the number to the right type of game. as for tweaking the speed... well, you will have to be able to edit the codes configuring the 360 kph limit. each car has a barrier speed, which can be changed higher, but the acceleration you also have to improve. If you are interested in also chagning the strength of cars, its a pretty easy affair.
Was Der So Alles Kann

Check who’s online