Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

program to run cars-help!

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
highway666
driver

program to run cars-help!

Post by highway666 »

hello everyone! i have played the crap out of c2,now i have bought c3.

i have carstock for c2. what kind of program do i need to play downloaded cars

for c3? anyone please help. thx you!!! :help:
Dark Angel
angelus

Re: program to run cars-help!

Post by Dark Angel »

firstly, make sure you have one of the patches.

then with most cars availible you just need to extract them to your cars directory, making sure that the addon cars folder is is the same name as the carname.txt inside the addon cars folder, then there shouldnt be any problems and the car will be ingame.

couple've tuts here http://www.carmageddon.co.uk/tutorials.php
highway666
driver

Post by highway666 »

so let's see just get me a car, save it to my c3 fold, extract files, take off the end part like carstock

for c2 and boom, done? :confused:
suicide_jockey
turbo bastard

Post by suicide_jockey »

ok like he said, first of all you need to download the patch, you can get it at www.tdr2k.gamingsource.co.uk go to other files then carmageddon 3 and look for the patch and then you just extract your car to your

C:\Program Files\Xicat\Carmageddon TDR2000\assets\Cars folder. and there is nothing to do with carstoclypse in c3, thats all you do, then go into your game and it should be in your garage, and after that i know your probably gonna say, how come i cant play them as an oppenent, well you have to beat the game and then they start to show.

EDIT: i forgot to add some things, if you have a uk version, you need to bloodpatch(i think) but i know that if you have the us version you need the mini-patch, and you can find some cars at the place i told you where to get the patch.
Metallica2904
So fucking what!

Post by Metallica2904 »

damn....you need a patch, the whole time i had tdr all i needed was a patch......and to think i gave that game away for a damn ps2 game........ :sad:
Pedestrians have the right of way.....Unless they're in the way!
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

When you install the nosebleed pack (or maybe just the mini patch) its just a matter of putting the car folder into your cars folder like mentioned above and tdr will detect the add-on when the game is started.

When I had the UK version I could never get the game to work with the nosebleed pack no matter what I tried.. so I finally got the US version. Theres a free tip if youre using the UK one.. its crap!

If you dont wanna install any patches or anything, you can still use add-on cars, you just gotta add the cars entry to the "car descriptor" txt file, and to the car strings txt found in the strings folder (keeping the entry order the same).

TDR seems to make opponent cars you go against cars that are not on your bought list (probably to give you a chance to buy new cars everytime you race), thats why they never come up as opponents unless you have every car bought in the game. That might be annoying, but I find it neat, as user made cars dont exacly grasp the optimization concept very well.. so instead of going against 6 opponents that use like four/five 512X512 texture maps and have quadruple poly counts to the native cars.. I get to go against smooth running cars (no game crashes and a frame rate above 5fps.. how can you go wrong?).

If theres a specific car you wanna go against you can just use the makeai cheat command and add it to the race, no fuss, no muss.

The nosebleed pack is a must though.. I dont know if it was just me, but as soon as I installed that I noticed the detachables really started to fly off the cars good (even the usermade cars, which parts never seemed to break off before! Really made the game much funner to play.
Kimble
hit n run

Post by Kimble »

Once you add a car and don't like it, how can you completely remove it from the game without causing an error code?

thanx
highway666
driver

Post by highway666 »

thank you everyone for making my game playing so much better. i am a big mad max fan and i would love to have all of the cars to play. it is a shame there was no cars for c2. but with the help of you guys i can have that balck interceptor.

ALSO!!!! if anybody would like to play online against me, go to game spy arcade and go under c3, i'll be there today, if you dont have it get it it's free you would have to sign up.

thank you all, and hope to race you all to the death...

:rockon:
blacksunshine
turbo bastard

Post by blacksunshine »

hello all! one question. i have been getting addon cars from master of mayhem,now i tried getting

cars from another site and they wont work. i have the patch-and i unzipped them to my car files

and when i go to run the game, it doesn't work. master uses win-rar self-unzipping.the other sites

dont. is my patch working? or am i doing it wrong? :sad:

is the us mini-patch used for on-line play or does this work for installing cars too?

if not what patch do i use,and where to get that one.... :sad:
"This place, will now be your home again untill your death"
suicide_jockey
turbo bastard

Post by suicide_jockey »

if cars from another site have been working right, than im sure its not your fault, just make sure the car went to where it should go CarmageddonTDR2000/assests/cars
Tony
Ninja

Post by Tony »

I would guess that they aint installed properly. The thing is the TXT files. The older ones usually need some editing in 2 files to work. They new one comes with another TXT with the same name of the car which has that info and will let the car be in the garage from the beginning.

So, if you got an older car, the TXT have another layout. I think it's just to remove those "start" "end" things in it to get it to work
-[ Growl Karaoke ]-[ Image ]-[ Abacorn ]-[ Portfolio ]-
Recent exploit: Trapped The Forces of Evil in a box.. and shaked it!
NitroX
nymphetamine

Post by NitroX »

question: can I run tdr add-ons without this patch?
Was Der So Alles Kann
suicide_jockey
turbo bastard

Post by suicide_jockey »

as far as i know, no, mine never worked until i got it patched.
NitroX
nymphetamine

Post by NitroX »

I see. I messed around quite a bit with tdr2000, and the strings are actually kind of basic, and much to easy to access and edit
Was Der So Alles Kann
Tony
Ninja

Post by Tony »

Maybe it can be done. I use the patch anyway. It's recomended. You get some new powerups!

Meteor strike! :grin:
NitroX
nymphetamine

Post by NitroX »

I dont have the patch, yet for some reason I get the powerups ... its actually in the game only its commented out //
Was Der So Alles Kann
suicide_jockey
turbo bastard

Post by suicide_jockey »

i would rather just download the patch its easuer and you get: inline gaming, powerups, and you can put addon cars in the game!!!! mucho easier
NitroX
nymphetamine

Post by NitroX »

If I had a freaking internet connection on my top-of-the-line laptop (it is unbelievable after paying that much I still cant get the internet to work!) then I would get the patch. around here, they dont sell any patches either.
Was Der So Alles Kann
Tony
Ninja

Post by Tony »

You can't download it from elsewhere and use a CD-RW or something else moveable to store the patch on?
NitroX
nymphetamine

Post by NitroX »

the Sci website offers a patch, but it doesnt come with tracks, but I bleive I can still use addon cars. no, you see, I will explain my massive problem.

-I own a website/domain with a fair bit of space recently activated and am unable to use it

and my computer for carmageddon is my laptop, it has space but no connection, my computer for internet, is slow as hell, and has no space for carmageddon, it also doesnt have a burner, tho my laptop, does... so it annoys the hell out of me :mad:

some time this month, I wil get it fixed
Was Der So Alles Kann
Tony
Ninja

Post by Tony »

Sure thing. Addon cars work fine. The tracks though, do come with the CD. So it must be bought. I saw them on a website a long time ago but they're not online any more. They needed quite much webspace, I think.

I guess the best bet would be to use a friend. Someone you know can burn it on a CD of yours, and then you wont need to download it anymore as long as you have the CD at your side.
NitroX
nymphetamine

Post by NitroX »

Im donating a bunch of money to buddy in england, his site needs a few donations so Im sending over mail, he can send me back a CD with the files I need, hes the only other guy I know with carmageddon :lol: but seriously, Itll work

:beer: cheers man
Was Der So Alles Kann

Check who’s online