Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

First new car of the New LOD

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
Beroc-Lord of Destruction
road raged psycho

First new car of the New LOD

Post by Beroc-Lord of Destruction »

Almost completely rebuilt, this 48 Chevrolet FleetMaster is isnpired by Burner James' Fleetwood release. Have a look, it really is a sweet ride.

bruner_james
The Dancing Bear

Re: First new car of the New LOD

Post by bruner_james »

That looks great! If I had tdr I whould download for sure.
Still lazy.
ApeX__
Banned

Post by ApeX__ »

lookin good Beroc, one small problem. the front wheel is pokeing out of the fender :crazy:

and yes i know its turning :grin:
Haha Fuck you Kitteh
bruner_james
The Dancing Bear

Post by bruner_james »

yeah I noticed that aswell..
Still lazy.
road raged psycho

sigh.. nothing is perfect for you guys.... I knew that already, but, I figured it was acceptable for the truck to maintain it's stance. The wheels probably should be brought in more, but it wouldn't look as cool then.

Either way... Check out the Second release from LOD... Hopefully you guys wont find as much wrong with it...(heh, if one thing was wrong, it would be the same amount...LOL)

The vehicle is available at CarmaDump, just like the first one.
bruner_james
The Dancing Bear

Post by bruner_james »

I like it. and to "got spam" no :grin:
Still lazy.
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

Whats with the no drivers? Thats sad... as you always do great looking characters. It appears you're starting to get lazy more and more.. though thats understandable considering how long you've been doing this for. But still, I say do it correctly, or pack it in if youre jaded with it all. And its not that I wanna start complaining, or "nothing is good enough", I like the looks of the old chevy, but im guessing there probably arent even detachable parts as well? I know you used to do all that stuff after downloading some of your older cars, like the chevy bel airs, they were great.
The_Devils_Avocado
motorised death

Post by The_Devils_Avocado »

Dont go jumping to such hasty conclusions Auto, or you'll get burned like this:

I'm over 99.9% positive... infact i'm SURE that the cars have detachables, beroc hasn't lost any pride in his work (but im sure he's sick of it like most of us are ;P). My understanding is he came to the decision that drivers are too crap looking because they have to be lowpoly to fit into the cars poly budget, so he decided to spend those extra polies on the cars themselves instead. Thats all, a simple question would have told you =/

/me must stand up for his master.
ApeX__
Banned

Post by ApeX__ »

Good god man! thats one sweet lookin ride. what is it? some kind of concept or modeled after somthing?

and dont listen to Auto, Both the cars look sweet as shit with out Drivers i've never liked a stiff ass

Driver sitting in the front seat not moving or blasting through the windsheild at high speed impact's

So, a car with out a driver looks so much better, and besides YOUR drivin the car not some lifeless

dude in the front seat.... just think of it this way... You ARE the car :grin:
Haha Fuck you Kitteh
doomsday-biker
Post-Apocalyptic
Location: - - TDR-2000 - -HIGHLY-DANGEROUS CRAZY MOTHER FUCKER ?

Post by doomsday-biker »

:mad: The Asp Car Is Dam Wicked ... AWESOME ? Its Real Fast Handles Great And Parts Do Fly Of The Car . People Are Talking About No Driver Well I Just Keep That To My Self ... :shock: AWESOME WORK Beroc ? :thumbsup:
doomsday-biker
Post-Apocalyptic

Post by doomsday-biker »

:mad: The FleetMaster Is Cool ... AWESOME ? It Handles Great . I Like The Custom Look Its Best That way AWESOME WORK ? :thumbsup:
doomsday-biker
Post-Apocalyptic

Post by doomsday-biker »

:mad: Made A Skin Just Color It Golden Brown And Put Some Real Wood Grain Textures On The Panels No Big Deal ? [image]Image[/image]
doomsday-biker
Post-Apocalyptic

Post by doomsday-biker »

:mad: [image]Image[/image]
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

Thats really classy looking! Mind sending me that?

Did you download that 1920s level anywhere by any chance, or do you have the actual pack cd or something? I want that level!
ApeX__
Banned

Post by ApeX__ »

Send it to me man, i have somthing brewing up :grin: [url=mailto:ApeX_Skins@hotmail.com">ApeX_Skins@hotmail.com[/url]
Haha Fuck you Kitteh
Mach1
pedestrian

Post by Mach1 »

:shock: , nice map! , where can i d/l it ? :supercrazy:
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post deleted by coffeycup

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
road raged psycho

Wow... I go away for a half a day, and everyone is posting...... And I thought the TDR world was dead....

OK, so that all of you understand, and I have talked with TDA about all of this. The drivers, though would be nice, were always 5 times lower quality then the cars. To get a good driver, it would up the polycount on the car considerably.... we are talkin 500 to 1000 polygons... Which makes the car unstable in the game. Aside from that, I havent made a driver in about a year and a half, I just keep swiping them from previous cars. I could ram a driver into it, but it just appeared to be more pointless. I more like the idea of seeing the car for what it is, quality. Imagine you are driving it, and you will see the power of it. Having a low poly driver which looks like crap does not help the overall presentation of the vehicle.

Doomsday-Biker:

Take your skin, rename it FleetMaster_skin_name.zip and your pic at 200x150 and post it on CarmaDump...(after all, that is what it is for) Then everyone can share in it.

As far as Beroc getting LAZY.... (GRRARRRRRRRR) I think not... Beroc has a tremendous amount to do, though you guys don't see it. I finally got a little bit of time to finish some stuff, and pushing out Fleetmaster in about 3 days was not an easy feet... with 6 doors, hood, lights, grill and 3 bumpers to detach, I am not getting jaded. What I am, is more concious about how things look and the overall quality of what I am producing. The main thing on my agenda, is to start and finish a project. I have seen way too much of people, and myself, who start something, give it a go, but decide there is too much time in something to finish it. I say FINISH IT... Don't start 10 projects, you will never finish any of them. There used to be a time when I would do about 5 at one time... And now my hard drive is littered with unfinished hulks of polygons. However, if the design was good, and the model was solid, it got finished.

I still have a Buick Rivera, with boat tails that is has been sitting on my hard drive for a year or more... Everytime I look at it, I think... That is a good car, good design, built well.... Cept it has a 2000 poly engine, which will never see the light of day. And it reminds me... Build well, dont just build.

That said here are more common specs for a car I build now days.

Asp is a total of 4953 polys and 4553 verts.

The body is 1454 polys and 1442 verts.

The Wheels are 1780 polys and 1448 verts.

each wheel is 445 polys and 362 verts.

The engine is 294 polys and 444 verts.

everything else is 1425 polys and 1219 verts.

In planning... the body now contains more verts then the interior. As a matter of fact, more is put into the shape and form of the body then anything else. Wheels are a different matter, they have to look good. The user sees everything on the outside, rarely do they see anything on the inside. So design shifts from inside to outside. High poly engines kill, having every knob on the dash, kills. Pure detail is nice, if you are going for show, but I am not going for show, I am going for play.

On the second note, if I were building a car for c2, various parts of Asp would have been more expensive cos C2 has a better damage engine then TDR does.More exterior polys equals more poly folding in c2. However... More interior polys equal slower display performance.

OK, somebody opened a can of worms... LOL

Laters.
doomsday-biker
Post-Apocalyptic

Post by doomsday-biker »

:mad: I Will Post The Skin Up There But ... The Register At CarmaDump Do's Not Work For Me ... I Am Useing Internet Explorer 5 . Version 5.00.2614.3500 Windows 98 Second Edition ?
doomsday-biker
Post-Apocalyptic

Post by doomsday-biker »

:mad: I Have The Full Nose Bleed Pack It Was DownLoaded ? Can Not Be DownLoad No More ... Autopilot You What The 1920 Level There Is 5 Forders The 1920s ... 1920s_Race1 ... 1920s_Race2 ... 1920s_ Race3 ... And The Animation Forder ?
Deathrow
aka kyle_tdr

Post by Deathrow »

The TDR world is dead, thats why we are here, I hate when they run me over in Carmageddon, its a real pain in the ass to have to grow new body parts (i must have replaced my legs at least 15 times now) by constantly eating brains and flesh, maybe I should try eating somthing other than human organs. And all this green ooze coming out of my chest is hardly a babe magnet is it, lets face it us Zombies are all in it together and we should stick together and kill all those human scum (come to our Zombie Dance, Its in the 1920's at that dancing place, you know where I mean)! Anyone want to buy a slightly eaten liver?
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

Doomsday: I am not 100% sure of what I would need really.. obvliously the actual track folders, I guess you mention the animation one because of the new peds yes? Maybe your track strings.txt file as well, although im sure I can just add the new track lines in myself by looking at file names.

But im still not certain it would work or not, as my game is in original form.. ive got no patches installed what so ever.. (so im guessing it might crash for new powerup related issues). If I remember right some carma pages probably have the upgrade patch I would need.

If you can get that level to me somehow that would be much appreciated.
doomsday-biker
Post-Apocalyptic

Post by doomsday-biker »

:mad: I Was Testing To See If I Could Send 1 Zip Forder Of The 1920s To Someone In A E-Mail Did Not Work To Many Files ? Autopilot Do You What The Full Nose Bleed Pack ... It Has The 1920s ... Hell ... Footy ... Super SpeedWay ... Tracks . The 14 Add On Cars And The Patch With It All The Files On It ... I Burn It On A Blank CD Is Around 425 MB ...If You What It . I Will Mail It To You ? I Get Some Stamps To Mail It No Big Deal ........ Send Me You Name Address Postal Code At My E-Mail ... [url=mailto:doomsday-biker@excite.com">doomsday-biker@excite.com[/url] I Will Mail It To You ?
road raged psycho

Hmmmm..... Good goin... You guys tryin to get my post terminated?????
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

Is that a big deal, or considered "warez"? If so maybe you can edit that post. Apologies either way..

Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

road raged psycho

Re: Cannonball

friggin awesome dude... it is a recolor... but you got the hood just about spot for spot. Very nice... yet another one for the Carmageddon Gods....LOL

And since Everything is back up.....

it's up, it's done, it's out... hop over to LOD and pick it up off the Space Rocket Adventures project... it will soon be up at CarmaDump as well....
bruner_james
The Dancing Bear

Post by bruner_james »

I saw that when I was looking through all sites to see which were still up. looked really good!
Still lazy.
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

Now thats a nice car! About 500 pounds of chrome... and tailfins from here to "ying yang" (is that the saying?!)
Qwerty_86
kill boss

Post by Qwerty_86 »

Damn, that concpet looks nice! I might just reinstall TDR just for that!
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

road raged psycho

:shock: oooooo.... me likes.....
electric_guitar4
pedestrian

Post by electric_guitar4 »

yeah when i go to carma dump none of the links work!
ApeX__
Banned

Post by ApeX__ »

Carma dump is down
Haha Fuck you Kitteh
Evil Blarg
road raged psycho

Post by Evil Blarg »

Luverly that Sprocket. Lately I've been grabbing more of these renders than the actual cars.

Check who’s online