Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Comments about RegalThunder

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
Beroc-Lord of Destruction
road raged psycho

Comments about RegalThunder

Post by Beroc-Lord of Destruction »

Well, it is done, not as good as I expected it to be.... Unfotunately it is a work of art, not stability.... Feel free to post comments about it here, as I really would like to know what you guys think....
Buzz
road raged psycho

Re: Comments about RegalThunder

Post by Buzz »

the windsheild fram looks alittle funny, but still its a great car, btw you should make a from cared to 3dsmax tut.
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

thats awsum... should explain it

dont know why im on the area sience i dont play TDR... :crazy:
"One chicken in a thousand is hatched near a road. One in every ten thousand of those ever tries to cross it. Half of them are run over by cars."
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

It's a much better improvement to the original. However I don't like the lil circle on the side of the roof. It's prolly there on the real thing, assuming you copied - but it just looks a lil cramped, removing it would look better IMHO.
random_monkey
Mustang
Hot Sexy Man Beast

Post by Mustang »

sweet car - kiss ass rims but i think the scoop (i don't know if thats a different way to house the blower) looks to long or not wide enough but thats my tastes. the bottem of the windsheild looks to be to high up from the bonnet and the i think the A Piler need to be brought forward a bit more :grin: i don't think i will carry on

i can wait to drop a burnout in that thing - mabey put im rightrear on the peds head then light it up :grin:
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Post by Mad Max RW »

Looks great. I can't think of anything wrong with it. Didn't see any glitches or whatever. Great wheels, too.
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

one word ' WOW ' :eek:
Hellspawn73
speed freak

Post by Hellspawn73 »

FORD piece 'o SHIT :lol:

...other than that its good :grin:
Powdered Toast MAAAN!!
12 Cyl Symphony

Post by Powdered Toast MAAAN!! »

Umm... Beroc? The skinpack zip is fucked. I d/l it and it says downloaded in 1 sec (3 something mb on a 512 connection?!) and then of course gives me the bad zip error.

Any suggestions?
Noodlez
road raged psycho

Post by Noodlez »

Looks pretty sweet homeslice, one day I might have to break down and install TDR again. (as it's a good game unlike c2)
Takeshi666
turbo bastard

Post by Takeshi666 »

Only one question:

Who's dat biatch in da wheel?
road raged psycho

A hack model textured swiped from a quake model
Takeshi666
turbo bastard

Post by Takeshi666 »

Damn, I thought it's some guy from Final Fantasy. :tongue:
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

from the Final Fantasy movie... POLYCOUNT :grin:
"One chicken in a thousand is hatched near a road. One in every ten thousand of those ever tries to cross it. Half of them are run over by cars."
The_Devils_Avocado
motorised death

Post by The_Devils_Avocado »

Somehow i think he meant one of the games... :tongue:
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

well prolly only he knows...

sience if the drivermodel was from the FF movie (it was computer animated... so they probably used a 3d mesh, as they usualy do)... there would be one friggin HUGE load of polys on that model then :grin:
road raged psycho

no, I made the mesh to match a quake model, the skin is from that quake model, but was too high for tdr.... If it was from FF, then someone simply made the model to look like that first.
The_Devils_Avocado
motorised death

Post by The_Devils_Avocado »

It dosent really look like anyone i recognise, but i've only played final fantasy since the 7th one came out so...

On a note to you Kruszchev, the approx polycount for the FF movie Lead characters is more than 50,000 and if anyone has played Final Fantasy 10, i recommend comparing the FMV's in that to the movie, as there isnt a whole lot of difference in the 'eye popping' factor.
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

Hehe... still it a load of polys
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

The windscreen texture needs fixing, it doesn't match anything. Plus it is too high on the sides... maybe its like that on the real car, but its weird. Also it gets a little jagged there.

On a(nother) side note: I see you've started to use this board after the little 'discussion'. Good for you!
road raged psycho

Posted by: Lumberjack

On a(nother) side note: I see you've started to use this board after the little 'discussion'. Good for you!

Actually, I started posting on the boards when I saw that there was a general decline of interest... like no one was really doing any cars any more... save a very few, but most of the big guys who used to release alot of cars were kinda goin away... ADR hasnt been around, Econo is building some stuff, but that isnt enough for the whole board. I have been doing some stuff, but just not enough to spark the entire board.

I kinda want the people who want to do stuff to do some stuff... Buzz has been doing some cool models, Kruschev did some nice models, I have seen a little bit, but I want to see more. As does everyone else....

You guys want ideas, you want something to aspire to? Well, go here: http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37393

there are alot of people doing alot of amazing things on the internet, I am trying my best to be apart of it. I openly support people doing great and wonderful things, learning new programming, making the world a better place.(for 3ds Max users of course)

Well, enough of my good samaritinship, I am off to go play with Violator... :lol:
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

Fair enough mate!

Btw, if anyone wants to preview their cars/skins/tracks etc without being laughed at by the collective of 'veterans' here (not that we'd all laugh, I wouldn't) you can preview them in the relevant forums at TSS. Don't be scared, we're a friendly lot!
road raged psycho

Excellent Plug dude... LOL
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

Well it was relevant to your "people make stuff" thing. Just helping out :wink:. Oh... thanks, it wasn't bad!

Check who’s online