Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Carmageddon unfinished things

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
flykas
turbo bastard

Carmageddon unfinished things

Post by flykas »

Post (if tyou know) what thing torus games wanted to be in TDR but didn't inplamed because SCI didn't let them finish TDR :mad:
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Re: Carmageddon unfinished things

Post by Mad Max RW »

Destroyable drone cars. It still pisses me off the alpha demo had them and the full game didn't. I think one of the excuses was it drained too much memory or something, but they could have at least added the option to turn destroyable drone cars on/off.
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

this might be offtopic... so its not TDR related (C2 also had a non finisht part... repairing opponents... had that also in the alpha demo (im not totaly sure if it was the alpha))
"One chicken in a thousand is hatched near a road. One in every ten thousand of those ever tries to cross it. Half of them are run over by cars."
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Post by Mad Max RW »

Carma2 is missing a helluva lot more than that.
Beroc-Lord of Destruction
road raged psycho

Post by Beroc-Lord of Destruction »

better environmental reflections, working lights, a better dynamic damage system
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

yeah sure C2 misses loads of stuff... Would be fun if they made a SERIUS uppdate (adding things to the game engine and fixing the tons of faulty programings they made)
"One chicken in a thousand is hatched near a road. One in every ten thousand of those ever tries to cross it. Half of them are run over by cars."
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

and tourus could aswell fix those things that they didnt have time to finnish
flykas
turbo bastard

Post by flykas »

Do you think there will be carmageddon 4 ?

Mad Max RW
motorised death

Post by Mad Max RW »

Fallout 3 is more likely. That doesn't say a whole lot.
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

Hey, you might wanna check out this thread :grin:
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Post by Mad Max RW »

Is there supposed to be a point to that thread? There's no information on a Carmageddon 4. There aren't any rumours or anything. Nobody is even considering the possibility of making a Carmageddon 4. The whole XBox thing is bullshit unless a developer (Stainless, Torus, whoever) steps up and says they're working on it.
Mustang
Hot Sexy Man Beast

Post by Mustang »

is this update i read about of DTD in the interviews part the nosebleed pack? or was that made by someone who didn't work with Torus or SCI

i don't think there ever do anything more to C2 now anyway
Tactical Police Demolition Unit
Guerrilla Kop

Post by Tactical Police Demolition Unit »

Yeah, I doubt Carma 4 will come. :crazy:
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

yeah the part about making a patch to C2 is dreeming... But i realy hope that a carma 4 will come... or something simmiliar (but i gotta get steel of haste... (it has been mentioned here a couple of times, looks brutal.... has anyone news about the game, relise dates (i have serius trouble to open their homepage... so i avoid that))
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

or if several peps here are intrested in creating a new game/fix patch based on C2 engine (sience i think the TDR egine is harder to understand than the C2, and harder to edit)

flykas
turbo bastard

Post by flykas »

yo steel of haste is not bad I thing but I saw a video and I think the physic is not good

If you want to see reale good damage http://www.buildersedge.org/1024/SShtml ... 263_bg.jpg ( beter than carmageddon) you should buy "street legal"

but it's unfinished so now they are realysing patches for (50mb large) .But its cool game .You can tune cars in garage .OK this is off topic:]

I think carma4 should be more like carma3 not like carma2. Well I like carma3 a bit beter than c2.But not whery much
Tactical Police Demolition Unit
Guerrilla Kop

Post by Tactical Police Demolition Unit »

It should look like TDR but feel like C2. What I mean by that is, it should have the graphics of TDR, but the physics of C2. That would be the formula for the greatest Carmageddon.
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

grafics of TDR.... why the hell not better (larger steps in the grafics level adjustment... like C2 grafics at the lowest option... better than TDR grafics at the higest)

But i seriusly thin that the smash engine is better in C2 than in TDR, actualy i dont like to compare them... booth have their best sides... booth has their worst sides... combined and bug fixed why would rule the "smash up" games, well there arent many competitiors
Mustang
Hot Sexy Man Beast

Post by Mustang »

nar i think the handeling of the cars in tdr is better then C2, like in TDR it's more fun doing burn outs and tring to race like your some pro on a stree corse and the damage system should be something between TDR's and C2's because the panels of cars in c2 fall of to easy

for they panels that are detacable it would look cool is they have muitaple lines where they could tear off and not just a line. now that would be sweet

sorry for any speeling mistakes :tongue:
flykas
turbo bastard

Post by flykas »

I think it should have TDR physic (because c2 has BAD physic. Cars in real life don't skid so much)TDR atmosphere(I don't know am I using the right word) TDR grafic but c2 damage or best thing if it had "street legal" damage

And btw how can I make c2 use beter rez textures or 32bit.Because I see in a pic's it has better grafic than on my PC

I have athlon1200 , 256ram ,ge force 2 titanium.
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

Flykas the car skidding can be reduced by editing the carname.txt file in C2, ya can make the car so it wont skid under any circumstances ya know...

i agree that TDR has better handling on the car than in C2, but C2´s smash engine is tho mutch better than TDR´s in my oppinion... and how easy a panel detatches can be changed... but im not sure if there is a bigger diff between them
flykas
turbo bastard

Post by flykas »

Mad Max RW
motorised death

Post by Mad Max RW »

Then even less people would have been able to play it. At the time of release TDR's requirements were beyond what the majority of people could meet.
flykas
turbo bastard

Post by flykas »

I remember when I bought TDR i had to buy new video card to play it.
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

i had a 4Mb S3 when tdr came out, worked fine.
Hellspawn73
speed freak

Post by Hellspawn73 »

Flykas...thanks for the heads up on Street Legal...I saw it but figured for $20 it had to be a cheap game and never bothered...BOY WAS I WRONG!! This game has really been alot of what I have been lookin for although sad to say it runs choppy on my 600MHZ box but that's my fault...if anyone gets the game ya have to install all the patches and then man you are in for a world of hurt!!! Man I have been laughin by balls off all afternoon at the destruction!! I had to get the cheat editor to give myself a couple million jus to keep up the damage...there is definitely sumthin to be said for a game that aloows you to do 120 into a lightpole and launch your supercharged inline 4 30yrds away with your drivers legs gettin pushed through the firewall!!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: This is the damage that TDR should have had to carry the torch of c2 :sad:

Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

flykas the pick ya sent, its goddamn nice.... exept it would fry the most grafics cards at the moment if TDR lookt like that :grin:
road raged psycho

Any body care to look at this address???

http://www.sci.co.uk/games/data/carmage ... ers/08.jpg

It comes from a folder called Renders.... Renders are a high/low poly model rendered using a professional 3d program, In game shots are called screenshots, not renders.... That model is high poly, and was the original setups for this skin for that model.

As far as the initial design of what carmageddon was supposed to look like, it was a flashy high color 3d program with some pretty cool reflections and working traffic lights as posted in an AVI which they released. They changed all that and made it a dull looking 3d engine, no reflections, no real speciall effects, the shadows suck the lighting sucks, it could have been much better IMO.

In support for things, i think that there are some better programs that could be converted/ worked with that have a much better engine setup... namely, Mafia and UT2k3, both of which have fantastic engines, though alot more setup has to be done for UT2k3, as there are no reall models setup for the game, though I have heard alot about things that are goin on in that community. I watch both arenas, I will probably lend LOD's support off to one of those two, when the time comes.... I like some other games too, like Street Legal, that is a cool game, nice graphics, great damage engine, though the physics arent as good as I would like.
flykas
turbo bastard

Post by flykas »

You dont like Street legal physic ? :shock: :eek:this must be a joke :grin:

It's allmost best physic that I have seen

mabe you are not using a patch than physic is not so good but still good
road raged psycho

That and the motion sickness causing camera.... reminds me of a TDR camera that floats around the car too much.... alot of the time, the camera doesnt point at the car, especially when you are turning around....
C2 Scientist
jaywalker

Post by C2 Scientist »

They changed all that and made it a dull looking 3d engine, no reflections, no real speciall effects, the shadows suck the lighting sucks, it could have been much better IMO.

Maybe they didn't heard of CUSTOMIZATION: Slow computer? Reduce the details. Powerful computer? Increase the details, to the max. Simple as anything, isn't it?

Maybe they thought: "everyone has a slow computer, let's cut off some of the features."

D-U-M-B! Computers get more powerful over the time, remember that and give an opportunity to

--CUSTOMIZE!--

But no, they didn't. Except for the some details... but anyway, details-menu looks too empty for me.

[End of the speech]
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

shit street legal looks pretty damn good judging by screen shots.. do you know any min requirments for that game? you say it runs choppy on your 600mhz.. thats what i have.. and a weak 3d card!

I wouldnt mind trying that game out

Edit:found requirments:

Minimum:

Windows 98/2000/ME/XP

Pentium II 600Mhz

128MB RAM

700MB Hard Drive Space

4x CD-ROM

DirectX 8.1 (included)

DirectX 8.1 compatible graphics card w/16MB video memory

DirectX 8.1 compatible mouse and keyboard

sucks! and wow 700MB free space? thats pretty steap for a game. i want a new computer
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

Torus Games had every intention to continue making tdr better with patches, cars, tracks and such after tdr was released, including activating the features that were disabled to save time, but sci, in their oh so god like wisdom decided not to give torus any more funding to do that, mostly because sci was extremely close to going bankrupt.

I'm sure if you want tdr better torus would be happy to help as long as you paid for it...
C2 Scientist
jaywalker

Post by C2 Scientist »

I got 80GB in my new computer, and 60GB in my old computer, and a network-card (LAN) to transfer stuff between the computers. Old one can be a partial "storage" for pictures, sounds, and others.

That's enough for me.

And as for the SCI-thing... if they were almost outta money, then maybe there wasn't an option. My opinion is, that if you make a game, add as much features and details as you can. Making new features into a new game (from stratch), causes some lose of time, when you have to make a new game engine (usually, or improve the old one), then model everything again, create textures again, write the story again, etc, instead of just adding them to existing game, which isn't released yet.

That's why it's good that 3D Realms can be DNF without deadlines, for example. They can make as much details as they want, without being rushed. Of course that means longer waiting, but...

Check who’s online