Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Updated map and ped data files? (Kill all peds fix.)

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
Kailen
pedestrian

Post by Kailen »

So, appearently the IOS/Android versions of the game have had fixes to the maps and pedestrian data files to make "kill every pedestrian" actually possible on every map. (Apparently, the original game contains some glitches where pedestrians would be lost inside geometry and thus unkillable.)

Is it possible to import these fixes to the GOG/Steam versions of the game? If not, are there some fan patches that take care of this?
Errol
Toxic Ranger

Post by Errol »

An example of where it's not possible in stock C1 would be handy.
:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Post by Breakin'Benny »

Errol wrote:An example of where it's not possible in stock C1 would be handy.

I remember there being a ped (a cow?) on a railing in the Dusty Trails National Park, starting with Coastal Carnage.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

Post by Errol »

Breakin'Benny wrote:
Errol wrote:An example of where it's not possible in stock C1 would be handy.

I remember there being a ped (a cow?) on a railing in the Dusty Trails National Park, starting with Coastal Carnage.

Cheers chap, I'll take a poke around and see what I can find. Actually, you responding reminds me I also need to work out why South Park'ageddon doesn't work.

So much to do!
:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
Kailen
pedestrian

Post by Kailen »

I don't have specifics, but nobby mentions it here.
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Post by Breakin'Benny »

The ped_finder edits should obviously be official, as to be like packed in with a re-release (not necessarily like Another World: Anniversary Edition, 15th and 20th)... I'm not gonna get too high hopes for The 7th Guest's one either, unless they can either fix the Microscope Puzzle's AI or remove it completely as to keep players sane. (The soup cans would literally make someone go insane if they don't even know medieval English, which is why it was also removed when the game went on Philips CD-i)
spacebug
mechanic

Post by spacebug »

I remember one of the industrial maps, if you used the cheat to show peds on map, 1 of them was in the top-left corner and un-reachable. Can't remember what the map was called though.
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Post by KakkaHousu »

I remember one of the industrial maps, if you used the cheat to show peds on map, 1 of them was in the top-left corner and un-reachable. Can't remember what the map was called though.
I remember that too. It was that track with just few pedestrians. Choosed it because I wanted to try kill all peds and when only one left I realized last one is unreachable, somewhere in toxic lake
spacebug
mechanic

Post by spacebug »

Industrial Injury. That was the one. Whether it's still broken, I don't know.

Check who’s online