Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Carmagedit

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
Teutonicus
turbo bastard

Carmagedit

Post by Teutonicus »

I used Carmagedit about 8 years ago and did some nice changes to some PIX and FLI files. I tried to do it again these days, but when I change the exported files (BMP) it always messes up the file and it appears like crap as soon as i import it back!?!!? Used Photoshop, Paintshop etc...

can anybody help?

This is how I did it:

1. Exported the Original File

2. Edited the BMP with Photoshop and saved it same size, 8-Bit

3. Already when I save it, I get a wierd backgroundcolor (I found other programs, where this did not happen though!)

4. But no matter which program I used to edit the file, when importing I either get the above error-message or the image just looks like a nasty colored scribble

Has anyone experiences with carmagedit? 8 years ago it worked fine...
Mastro 666
motorised death

Carmagedit

Post by Mastro 666 »

It's a problem with the color palette. Before importing the file you need to modify the palette.
Teutonicus
turbo bastard

Carmagedit

Post by Teutonicus »

true! Before saving the BMP file in Photoshop you have to change the palette (picture > mode > color palette > System (windows). It works fine then. thanks for the tip!

Check who’s online