Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Seriously, WTF is wrong with people nowadays?

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Epitaph
motorised death

Post by Epitaph »

Here i was browsing through gaming news till i saw this title :

5 Vehicular Combat Games Worthy of Any Mad Max Road Warrior
Said ok, there's gonna be a Carmageddon mention. I mean it was revolutionary back then (i consider the new game also revolutionary in terms of TECH {tires going flat, detaching from the wheels, suspension system, some new crazy powerups and more detailed damage system).

So here's the link

http://www.twinfinite.net/2015/05/17/5-vehicular-combat-games-mad-max/

And as you guessed, no C:R mention.

I also wantedto make a thread about the "Witcher III graphics downgrade" debacle... I mean ok, it's one thing to notice the downgrade [Which still you cannot be 100% certain but anyway]. But to go on Youtube and forums and write that the graphics on Ultra are bad (not just one guy, but many people) makes me kind of feel good for the whole C:R bashing. Knowing that those people that complain about C:R possibly did the same for W3, makes me realize that you're always gonna have moaning douchebags.
FunnyOctopus
aka Privata

Post by FunnyOctopus »

Yeah its insane... I dont know why carma gets so much hate , its so blood awsome !

and it runs fine , maybe pentium 2 processor is still popular ?
vampsinthe78
mechanic

Post by vampsinthe78 »

Looks to be a US based site. I'm not 100%, but I think Carma didn't do too well over there. It did get a very cult following I believe. It certainly had some very odd marketing and packshots... Correct me if someone has some stats proving otherwise.
Lutz G
turbo bastard

Post by Lutz G »

Privata wrote:Yeah its insane... I dont know why carma gets so much hate , its so blood awsome !

and it runs fine , maybe pentium 2 processor is still popular ?
And again ;->

BTT: I Noticed the new carma is always missing in (German) printmags in the "coming soon" section... Is carmageddon (and sequels) still "indiziert" over here?
Freeride Forever
turbo bastard

Post by Freeride Forever »

Bahahaha! Now maybe you have a bit clearer picture of the points I've been trying to make. Carma is a very small title from a small UK dev & it is not widely known. It has a cult following & it's an IP that is ~ 20 years old. Yeah it absolutely deserves to be on such a list, at the top of the list, yet it's nowhere to be found? Now try to reinvent it & present it to an audience that mostly can't even run it, but that is also used to a much much higher standard. It's not the rest of the world that's stupid for not paying attention, it's you that is stupid for thinking they should & bitching because everyone else is more like I say they'll be than the way you want them to be.

No shit Privata you don't know why all the hate because you're about as ignorant (dumb) as Ep is. Not P2's but yeah most people are running dual & quad core systems. If duals aren't still most popular then I can guarantee that quads (4 threads) are & will be for the remainder of the current console generation. Devs need to shoot for that market ESPECIALLY when they don't have a ground-breaking product & ESPECIALLY when that non-revolutionary product is next to unknown & ESPECIALLY when that product faces a much greater competitive burden than it had 15 years ago when it was last remotely relevant.

The Witcher 3 makes you feel better about all the C:R hate because everyone else besides you & a few like you are douchebag moaners? Well in any case, The Witcher 3, if it's been downgraded is a perfect example of the fact that consoles set the general standards & pace for games in the video game industry which also only proves the point that most games run pretty damn good on 8-10 year old CPUs. If it makes you feel better about all the C:R hate, it damn well shouldn't because they are two very VERY different things. The TW3 hate is happening only because it's yet another game that has suffered the console treatment when Windows systems CAN currently do it the way CD Projekt presented the game & intended it to run. TW3 is a huge IP that everyone knows about & has a huge fan base & downgraded or not it still looks & feels like a 2015 game. C:R on the other hand, is different in every way for every reason. It has no console offering, there's no way it'd run on a console with sub 2 GHz AMD CPUs as it sits right now. C:R already looks dated to the tune of about 7-10 years when it looks its best so "downgrading" for a console isn't an option when even the best Windows systems can barely run it. Don't feel better Ep, trust me, I know you're a little too light in the head to understand much of anything because you've made that clear time & time again, but for anyone that thinks C:R hate isn't just unique to C:R, think again. C:R is a unique set of circumstances where it looks incredibly dated even if it were a console game yet on the fastest hardware it runs about as poorly as a modern game does on a console. It is a totally inverse set of circumstances that is incomparable to something like TW3, so you can go back to being sad now because C:R is still fucked.

TW3 is gonna be huge & do well whether it's downgraded for consoles compared to what it could be on Windows, or not. It still looks current, it looks awesome, it'll run awesome & it's huge in scope & content. It's pure idiocy to compare the TW3 situation with C:R. All that downgrade really means to TW3 is that Windows specs can be lowered even further opening up an already popular game to an even broader audience. :/

C:R is still unfortunately, highly likely to get shit on even if performance has made some kind of miraculous leaps & bounds forward by Thursday but it definitely will if "miracles" haven't happened. Most of the world are CoD, Crysis, Far Cry, Skyrim, Fallout, GTA, Borderlands, Witcher, Just Cause etc. fans, not Carmafans, sadly.
FunnyOctopus
aka Privata

Post by FunnyOctopus »

Freeride Forever wrote:Bahahaha! Now maybe you have a bit clearer picture of the points I've been trying to make. Carma is a very small title from a small UK dev & it is not widely known. It has a cult following & it's an IP that is ~ 20 years old. Yeah it absolutely deserves to be on such a list, at the top of the list, yet it's nowhere to be found? Now try to reinvent it & present it to an audience that mostly can't even run it, but that is also used to a much much higher standard. It's not the rest of the world that's stupid for not paying attention, it's you that is stupid for thinking they should & bitching because everyone else is more like I say they'll be than the way you want them to be.

No shit Privata you don't know why all the hate because you're about as ignorant (dumb) as Ep is. Not P2's but yeah most people are running dual & quad core systems. If duals aren't still most popular then I can guarantee that quads (4 threads) are & will be for the remainder of the current console generation. Devs need to shoot for that market ESPECIALLY when they don't have a ground-breaking product & ESPECIALLY when that non-revolutionary product is next to unknown & ESPECIALLY when that product faces a much greater competitive burden than it had 15 years ago when it was last remotely relevant.

The Witcher 3 makes you feel better about all the C:R hate because everyone else besides you & a few like you are douchebag moaners? Well in any case, The Witcher 3, if it's been downgraded is a perfect example of the fact that consoles set the general standards & pace for games in the video game industry which also only proves the point that most games run pretty damn good on 8-10 year old CPUs. If it makes you feel better about all the C:R hate, it damn well shouldn't because they are two very VERY different things. The TW3 hate is happening only because it's yet another game that has suffered the console treatment when Windows systems CAN currently do it the way CD Projekt presented the game & intended it to run. TW3 is a huge IP that everyone knows about & has a huge fan base & downgraded or not it still looks & feels like a 2015 game. C:R on the other hand, is different in every way for every reason. It has no console offering, there's no way it'd run on a console with sub 2 GHz AMD CPUs as it sits right now. C:R already looks dated to the tune of about 7-10 years when it looks its best so "downgrading" for a console isn't an option when even the best Windows systems can barely run it. Don't feel better Ep, trust me, I know you're a little too light in the head to understand much of anything because you've made that clear time & time again, but for anyone that thinks C:R hate isn't just unique to C:R, think again. C:R is a unique set of circumstances where it looks incredibly dated even if it were a console game yet on the fastest hardware it runs about as poorly as a modern game does on a console. It is a totally inverse set of circumstances that is incomparable to something like TW3, so you can go back to being sad now because C:R is still fucked.

TW3 is gonna be huge & do well whether it's downgraded for consoles compared to what it could be on Windows, or not. It still looks current, it looks awesome, it'll run awesome & it's huge in scope & content. It's pure idiocy to compare the TW3 situation with C:R. All that downgrade really means to TW3 is that Windows specs can be lowered even further opening up an already popular game to an even broader audience. :/

C:R is still unfortunately, highly likely to get shit on even if performance has made some kind of miraculous leaps & bounds forward by Thursday but it definitely will if "miracles" haven't happened. Most of the world are CoD, Crysis, Far Cry, Skyrim, Fallout, GTA, Borderlands, Witcher, Just Cause etc. fans, not Carmafans, sadly.

Right first of , dont call me stupid. it is against the forum rules. I actualy know why a lot hate it , but what I mean if I (me) find it fun and it feels just like the original carma and there nothing else like it on the market , on my decent PC it runs 60+ and altho it not the best looker its an indie game with a revolutionary damage engine (not as clumsy as BeamNG and not geard towards realism as wreckfest) I know the game is not known and , it actualy does get a bit of praise as most current hate is due to the not being able to start the game and that seems to be a service pack error any way , so ; by its nature not the devs fault. I dont know why you feel the need to be aggressive , most of us are here for the fun of it and at least I dont take 90% of what I say seriously on these forums as its the bloody carma forums were the word cunt is more funny than the most clever joke and that , along with the awsome friendly community , fun game and awsome devs is why I love the game , I think CR is better than C2 and feels close to C1. it will only get better over time. shure its not like TW3 but well no one wants it to be. we just want funny , silly , crazy fun (and we have it in spades)
Epitaph
motorised death

Post by Epitaph »

Freeride Forever wrote:

Well, apparently, there's a number of people that disagree with you on that. I've seen more than 10 people saying that "Witcher's 3 graphics are shit for PC". Much like what you see on Internet. They seem to hate it with their soul.

This is the situation i tried to compare and make the point that "Even if the game has the best fucking graphics, people will STILL complain about how SHIT the graphics are and pick on devs as bastards, useless idiots and money grabbers". Is it so hard to understand freeride? :)

Edit : Defined what game i was talking about
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Post by KakkaHousu »

Spoiler:

MINIMUM:

Processor: Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz

Memory: 2 GB RAM

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT or AMD Radeon HD 3830

DirectX: Version 9.0c

Hard Drive: 2 GB available space

Sound Card: DirectX®-compatible

RECOMMENDED:

Processor: Intel Core i5, AMD Phenom II X4 or better

Memory: 4 GB RAM

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570, AMD Radeon HD 7750 with 1 GB VRAM or better

DirectX: Version 9.0c

Hard Drive: 2 GB available space

Sound Card: DirectX®-compatible

WF's system requirements. In Carma forum often alleged being superior to C:R in both graphical and performance wise. Still not unusual to see ''Please, optimize your game, requirements are ridiculous'' topics in BB forum.

GTA V, often been example in Carma forums how to make well optimized openworld game.

From GTA forums:

Spoiler:

I recently upgraded my GPU to a 970 (had a 660 prior to that) in order to play GTA V with great graphics and fluid FPS. My CPU is an i5-3750k @3.40GHz and I have 8 gigs of RAM. After playing around with the graphics settings for hours, using the recommended ones by GeForce experience and even changing certain things on the NVIDIA system panel, I still get huge FPS drops (60 -> 35) and some stuttering while driving.

Its because the game is a f*cking CPU Hog that stutters like machine gun.

Yep , the game is very cpu intensive when i have 60 fps my cards only around 30-50 usage each but the cpu uses around 60-80.

I have a decent GTX 760 (superclocked) and an i7 (4770) with 16GB of RAM, and also get numerous frame drops; not to mention frequent lighting/shadowing issues.

IMO it is NOT our hardware. It's the game itself that's buggy and needs fixing. It's probably going to take both more work from R* and Nvidia to get it working smoothly across the board.

GTA Online was coded by morons, and the V-Sync is broken, like it's been broken in GTA since the beginning of time

and when so many people are complaining about technical issues here, on Steam, Rockstar Support etc. it's pretty clear that something is wrong with the game. The community could do with fewer fanboys, that's for sure.

I have SLI 980's. Cant run game much past 40fps with grass on ultra. I have to set to Normal to get smooth 60fps.

Also can't use any MSAA with out big fps drops.Can this be normal?!?

(Yea its a big deal when you drop over a grand $ on these things to get the best out of the best.)

Same with Pcars, same with Assetto Corsa, same with every game C:R is ever compared and other games too. Peoples are not happy, there are always moaning how bad optimizing is.
Epitaph
motorised death

Post by Epitaph »

KakkaHousu, i agree about optimizing. There was ,is and ALWAYS will be moaning about it. Again, nothing to do with Carmageddon. Not defending it, and i would like a +20 FPS increase on the bottom limit (so i would be on 45FPS minimum at all times).

Just saying that from the time i remember myself reading Computer Magazines, people were MOANING constantly and kept cursing when their 1-2 year old PC couldn't run a certain game.

But what i'm talking about regarding The Witcher is something more objective. It's graphics. Which are pretty F good. And people are saying it's shit. Therefore there will never be any satisfaction for those people and i'm glad Stainless (ooops sorry i meant SCI! Don't know how i made this mistake!) decided to concentrate on Gameplay.

Also thanks for providing those comments from those forums. Gives us a more rounded knowledge of the opinions on GTA V.

38 hours left!

Check who’s online