Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Gore reviews

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
valentinbk
pedestrian

Gore reviews

Post by valentinbk »

Hey people, I`m making a series of videos on youtube called "Gore reviews". The series are in-depth review of gore effects in different games.

I'm certainly going to do one for Carmageddon Reincarnation, and figured you guys might dig the concept.

Here are some of the reviews:

Killing Floor 2 Early Access
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulHT3Kg9bB4

Depth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVEuvY_hFYw

Dead Island
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn3Wr0P8fns
Fireman
motorised death

Gore reviews

Post by Fireman »

Awaiting Phantas Magoria and Harvester and other old-school games, that'll be awesome.
Wilbur Cobb
mechanic

Gore reviews

Post by Wilbur Cobb »

Damn, you even write up all the subtitles

Respect.

(Though, some people don't like subtitles, I recommend setting them in the youtube-settings so they're toggle-able)

(just my 2 pesos)
valentinbk
pedestrian

Gore reviews

Post by valentinbk »

Fireman wrote:Awaiting Phantas Magoria and Harvester and other old-school games, that'll be awesome.

To be honest I don't do much old school games. Did a few classics such as Soldier of Fortune 2 and Postal 2 but that's about it. Might do Dark Messiah of Might and Magic at some point (though those games came out much later than the ones you mentioned).

Wilbur Cobb wrote:Damn, you even write up all the subtitles

Respect.

(Though, some people don't like subtitles, I recommend setting them in the youtube-settings so they're toggle-able)

(just my 2 pesos)

Thanks! With my accent subs are very necessary :D

Also they're easier to make in Movie Studio 13 (at least for me)
Fireman
motorised death

Gore reviews

Post by Fireman »

valentinbk wrote:
Fireman wrote:Awaiting Phantas Magoria and Harvester and other old-school games, that'll be awesome.

To be honest I don't do much old school games. Did a few classics such as Soldier of Fortune 2 and Postal 2 but that's about it. Might do Dark Messiah of Might and Magic at some point (though those games came out much later than the ones you mentioned).

Yeah I guess that's okay,. after all older games like those two I mentioned only have static gore which you can't realy influence or comment on. Still great games though, if you haven't played them yet, you should :P

Especially Harvester, absolutely brilliant.
valentinbk
pedestrian

Gore reviews

Post by valentinbk »

Fireman wrote:
valentinbk wrote:

Yeah I guess that's okay,. after all older games like those two I mentioned only have static gore which you can't realy influence or comment on. Still great games though, if you haven't played them yet, you should :P

Especially Harvester, absolutely brilliant.

Might give it a shot someday
RiOrus
turbo bastard

Gore reviews

Post by RiOrus »

anecdotally, I've been playing killing floor 2 and whilst its a bit thin on the content and consequently gameplay combinations - Its a pretty slick game that, despite the lack of content, is quite addictive. The gore is quite impressive, with the meat system, and it now it looks like they are going to try to incorporate flex (NVidia proprietary fluid modelling) for blood and viscera. A bit OTT to be honest but, why not, I suppose.
valentinbk
pedestrian

Gore reviews

Post by valentinbk »

RiOrus wrote:anecdotally, I've been playing killing floor 2 and whilst its a bit thin on the content and consequently gameplay combinations - Its a pretty slick game that, despite the lack of content, is quite addictive. The gore is quite impressive, with the meat system, and it now it looks like they are going to try to incorporate flex (NVidia proprietary fluid modelling) for blood and viscera. A bit OTT to be honest but, why not, I suppose.

KF2 is awesome, should probably fire it up again for a few rounds.

Check who’s online