Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Bugbears 'Next Car Game' game

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Fireman wrote:The Destruction Derby mod for this game is really cool, any of you tried it?

Harmalarm's work for DD2C2 stuff was used to make it;

Well I tried D-Derby in next cargame.. but my impression is, unfortunately still the same... The game mangaed to bore me even in that mode... I don't know how they managed it... =D ... it is just NOPE
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

CzechDeath wrote:
Well I tried D-Derby in next cargame.. but my impression is, unfortunately still the same... The game mangaed to bore me even in that mode... I don't know how they managed it... =D ... it is just NOPE
I think it's because you aren't totally destroying everyone and everyone has equal chances of winning. You're dealing damage as much as you're taking it, which can be quite annoying if you want to cause total destruction yourself.

The tracks from DD (the actual races) are a lot more fun than the original Wreckfest races though and do give some great moments, like when the track suddenly becomes barely wide enough for one car to fit through, it's a lot of fun.

I'm looking forward to this mod more than to the completion of the game, if that will ever happen, from what I read Bugbear filed for bankruptcy not so long ago, though apparantely it was someone they owe money, rather than their own company. But who knows.
DZimmy
hit n run

Post by DZimmy »

Fireman wrote:... from what I read Bugbear filed for bankruptcy not so long ago.

What?! NO! :-( Do you have any source on that?
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

DZimmy wrote:
Fireman wrote:... from what I read Bugbear filed for bankruptcy not so long ago.

What?! NO! :-( Do you have any source on that?

Well apparantely someone who Bugbears owes money to filed for bankruptcy, so the article wasn't exactly correct;

http://www.brokenjoysticks.net/2016/04/13/wreckfest-dev-bugbear-files-bankruptcy/

In fact, everyone else who mentions it depends on the above article, so it's not completely confirmed legit.

It was not filed by Bugbear, but by a debtor.
DZimmy
hit n run

Post by DZimmy »

@Fireman: Thanks for the info. Meantime I've read trough BB forums and found...pretty much nothing. But it doesn't seem to be that bad.

I even found one positive post by BB on their Twitter: "We're not done until the fat lady sings."

https://twitter.com/bugbeargames/status/722770535944294400
timmy76
motorised death

Post by timmy76 »

CzechDeath wrote:Well I tried D-Derby in next cargame.. but my impression is, unfortunately still the same... The game mangaed to bore me even in that mode... I don't know how they managed it... =D ... it is just NOPE

That's how I've felt about the game since it first came out it gets so boring so quick.

Body damage doesn't impress me its like someones taken a heat gun to a plastic car.
legomeaker101
hit n run

Post by legomeaker101 »

timmy76 wrote:
CzechDeath wrote:Well I tried D-Derby in next cargame.. but my impression is, unfortunately still the same... The game mangaed to bore me even in that mode... I don't know how they managed it... =D ... it is just NOPE

That's how I've felt about the game since it first came out it gets so boring so quick.

Body damage doesn't impress me its like someones taken a heat gun to a plastic car.

yea the damage in that game isn't realistic but theres this really good car wrecking game with realistic car damage called:

Spoiler:

Carmageddon Reincarnation

Check who’s online