Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Want to add music to SP

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
YautjaLord
speed freak

Want to add music to SP

Post by YautjaLord »

First of: i know there's probably threads much similar to this one, but to search for it throughout all the pages - headache, sorry. :)

Anyway, here's the deal: got myself 3 CDs - Cowboys from Hell, Kill & The Years of Decay. (of Pantera, Cannibal Corpse & Overkill respectively) Tried to add them to Music folder of Carsplat in their original CDA format, ripped (by Win Media Player) to MP3 fromat even used some online OGG converter to convert - fuck yeah you guessed it - to .ogg format & tried to play them in-game - dang, no play. lol The tracks are: Cowboys from Hell, Domination & Psycho Holiday. (Cowboys & Domination fit Carma perfectly).

Tired of the SP's music, sorry; wanna maim when Domination or CFH play. Any good suggestions are really welcomed, much appreciated.

YautjaLord.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Want to add music to SP

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Well you have to name them Track02.ogg, Track03.ogg, etc. and put them in the Music folder and that's it?

If you have the original soundtrack playing while you're ingame, replacing the OGG files should work by other song should work?!
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
YautjaLord
speed freak

Want to add music to SP

Post by YautjaLord »

I tried to convert the tracks (Cowboys from Hell, Psycho Holiday & Domination) to .ogg & it succeeded; (used some online converting tool, converts from any audio format to .ogg) placed 'em in the Music folder of Carsplat & yup, renamed 'em from their respective names to - that's right - Track 10, 11 & 12. In game hitted the Sound On/Off button - nothing. It plays the default tracks fine, but not the ones i want. I even PM'd Shane bout the subject, shit. Tosh, i wanna see Max & Die scream in their cars while Domination or CFH play!!!!! Default tracks just don't cut it. Help? :)

*EDIT*

Wait, for a moment i didn't understood & now i also quite don't get it: you mean to tell that i should rename the 3 Cowboys From Hell tracks to Track02, 03 & 04 so they'll replace the game's default tracks? Is that it?
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Want to add music to SP

Post by lemonrev »

it should be that simple yes you need to override the current tracks so yours can replace them
YautjaLord
speed freak

Want to add music to SP

Post by YautjaLord »

So all i need is to convert Pantera's 3 tracks i chose to .ogg & rename 'em to Tack02, 03 & 04 & replace the default tracks? Sounds - wait for it - way too simple!!! I'll tell you if it worked in 8 or 9 hours from now. Hope it works. Cheers.

P.S. Why 8 or 9 hours? Cause i drunk & need to sleep that's why. lol It's 4:20am in a morning right now, Saturday: no one works in that day, so i got a shitload of time to sleep.

*MAJOR MUTHAFUCKIN' UPDATE* lol

Tosh, lemonrev - IT FUCKIN' WORKED!!!!!! Cowboys play from a get-go. Thanx ALOOOOOOOOTTTT! Kept original/default tracks in case & something goes wrong; doubt it but why not. Now let the butchering begin. Horns up, Splat Pack runs on metal steroids. Much better. \m/
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Want to add music to SP

Post by lemonrev »

glad it worked for you dude, but i think your way over enthusiasic about your game and music but go get em and run down those hundred peds running amok on your track :P
YautjaLord
speed freak

Want to add music to SP

Post by YautjaLord »

Yeah i know, thank you. :) You probably mean how many F-words i used in the posts, as well. lol I say, those tracks (atleast CFH & Domination) fit the SP perfectly. But also got another slight problem: what bitrate & frequency should i convert these tracks to? The online converter i used have the optional bitrate, frequency & other settings; right now the tracks have bitrate of 192kbps & 44.1KHz frequency settings, should convert to 320kbps & 44.1KHz or leave it as 192kbps/44.1KHz .ogg files?

Thanx anyway & yeah - i love the new Carma sound: Carma+CFH=running down cows, peds & opponents never felt better. Cheers.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Want to add music to SP

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Doesn't matter much, 192kbps should be good enough while you're playing.

If you want a better quality (as in being an audiophile), you can convert them to 320kbps but you'll have to do that from the lossless files (flac/wave), and not from the already-compressed 192kbps ones.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
YautjaLord
speed freak

Want to add music to SP

Post by YautjaLord »

Got the MP3 file intact; stored in Music folder of Windows. I think i will do it today, thanx Tosh. Yes - i love to hear the music (ingame, plain, etc...) in great quality. Might as well change my Panasonic headset to some 2.1ch speakers for sake of the better sound. :) Thanx ALOT people. Cheers.

Check who’s online