Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Tilt controls not working properly in 1.1?

Chat about funsize Carmageddon for Android and iOS!
Tiny_Clanger
pedestrian

Tilt controls not working properly in 1.1?

Post by Tiny_Clanger »

I had tilt controls working fine in the original release, but since upgrading to 1.1 the car is virtually uncontrollable — the screen tends to flick left and right rather than actually steering, and the throttle sensitivity seems way down even though I've moved the slider to the right.

Is it possible that it thinks the neutral position is somewhere other than where I'm holding the phone (ie it's expecting to be held vertically or some such?) I can't see any way of saying "I am now holding the phone in the neutral position, please recalibrate" so I don't know how it's expecting to be held.

(Neither analogue nor digital touch controls work for me, unfortunately — maybe on an iPad where I can still see most of the screen, but on the iPhone my fingers just block the view too much.)

Check who’s online