Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

C2 Hall of Maim website

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
sonofham
driver

C2 Hall of Maim website

Post by sonofham »

I recently rebuilt the Camageddon 2 website Hall of Maim using the files webpage I had saved from the site decades ago and by using the internet archived copies of the website to re-build it.Luckily the files page I have has some images that were never archived.

Although the site works okay offline it is still missing quite a few images but I only had downloaded a small number of the files years ago and none of the files had been archived.I was wondering if anyone was interested in re-hosting the website for nostalgia?I have yet to fix one of the page's links so it works properly.
Last edited by sonofham on Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coffeycup
Genesis

Re: C2 Hall of Maim website

Post by coffeycup »

Sorry, I think I deleted the wrong thread. Can you repost whatever it was you had?
sonofham
driver

Post by sonofham »

@coffeycup

I just edited my first post and re-posted my message.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

I'm ok hosting it :swink:
Will be better than linking to the archive.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
sonofham
driver

Post by sonofham »

Toshiba-3 wrote:I'm ok hosting it :swink:
Will be better than linking to the archive.
As soon as I have fixed the one webpage's links I will put it into a .zip file or .rar file and upload it here.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

I would think Tosh would give you the FTP info so you could just upload it where it will reside. He would provide web space but you would maintain, no?
sonofham
driver

Post by sonofham »

coffeycup wrote:I would think Tosh would give you the FTP info so you could just upload it where it will reside. He would provide web space but you would maintain, no?
I have no clue on getting a website to run online and have had limited admin experience at another forums.Only offline.

@Toshiba-3

Here attached is the file in winrar archive format.The links in the links.htm webpage has problems in IE8 but in Google Chrome and Firefox work without any problems.

Crap.Can't upload it but I can email it.Can you please send your email address as a pm.

[edit]never mind got your email address from your website.Will send a copy to you just now.

Thanks.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Here it is https://rr2000.cwaboard.co.uk/R6/hallofmaim/ :beer:

[edit] And yes, as Coffeycup said, just drop me a line if you want FTP access to maintain the site directly :swink:
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Good job on this, always nice to see some of the old sites back up and running!
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
sonofham
driver

Post by sonofham »

Razor wrote:Good job on this, always nice to see some of the old sites back up and running!

Thanks.The only reason I "re-built" the site was that I had the files page saved and still had it all these years later because I am still a Carma fan otherwise I would have not even bothered to do it.

[edit]It takes a while to rebuild a website using the internet archive database which is why I have only done a few and don't plan to do anymore.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Kinda too bad that most links aren't working. Not really sure the purpose of bringing it back if it isn't going to be maintained. :sad:
sonofham
driver

Post by sonofham »

coffeycup wrote:Kinda too bad that most links aren't working. Not really sure the purpose of bringing it back if it isn't going to be maintained. :sad:
@coffeycup

Well it is easier to surf the site than the archived copy plus you have a little more of the images from the website being loaded thanks to my back-up of the files page I have.Since the site is no longer being maintained\run by the original author\owner nor does it exist other than been archived the site won't get updated at all so maintaining the site that way isn't neccesary.Just to make sure the site stays up and doesn't go offline for whatever reason.

I did my best to find the missing pages for the site but if the archive doesn't have the page then I can't add nor create it for the re-build of the site which therefore the link will 404 unless someone has that page....The only files I downloaded from the site are the custom mini car,carstockalypse and mapstockalypse.I missed out on downloading the Dalek v2 custom "car".

I have been playing the C2 demo a lot lately but it is a pity that I can't find a way to fix the lodding of the opponents in the C2 demo as it is annoying.I did try and look to find the files responsible but I am lost... :help:
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

I thought you were the original author! But yes, a local mirror is better than linking to the archive. I also tried to look for the missing images/files but to no avail. I just have the Dalek V2 but isn't that available elsewhere?

Why are you playing the demo by the way? If by 'lodding' you mean level of detail distance, then it's in each car's twt, you have to change the number (usualy 8) under that line:

Code: Select all

1				// Number of extra levels of detail
sonofham
driver

Post by sonofham »

Toshiba-3 wrote:I thought you were the original author! But yes, a local mirror is better than linking to the archive. I also tried to look for the missing images/files but to no avail. I just have the Dalek V2 but isn't that available elsewhere?

Why are you playing the demo by the way? If by 'lodding' you mean level of detail distance, then it's in each car's twt, you have to change the number (usualy 8) under that line:

I don't have space atm on my laptop and my pc is badly messed up so I can't risk playing Carmageddon 2 Carpocalypse Now on my pc atm. :( Did a search for the Dalek v2 and will download it straight away.Will try the fix for the C2 demo.I mod another game and I use the term lodding there.Sorry about the confusion.Should have explained better.

Thanks.

[edit] I changed the value to 100 and the car's detail no longer changes and stays the same high res model seen from a good distance away. :sbsmile: :swheel:

Check who’s online