Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

What else I have been up to

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Alex_Dynamite
road raged psycho

What else I have been up to

Post by Alex_Dynamite »

I know I haven't been an active member of this forum and Carmageddon itself, but I have my reasons for that. First of all, a while ago, my main desktop PC died. I searched arround for a new one, but I let my cheapness get in the way. I did try a low cost refurbished computer, but it had a problem and I took it back. I have been interested in those "new" tablet computers, so when I got a good deal on one, I bought it. Although I am surprised by it's capability, it can't run C2, let alone any of the editing tools*. None the less, I have still been doing my art. In fact, I started another comic! It will give me something to do and share between episodes of my other comic(since they take so long). Now, my other comic isn't exactly "comical"(I prefer to call it a graphic story), but this one does focus on being comical. It isn't based on Carmageddon or vehicles(though I do promis there will be automotive antics at times), but rather mostly based on my job at a retail store, of which has become a surprising source of comical inspiration.

Anyways, I have already been posting episodes on my website:
https://alexonnet.cwaboard.co.uk
I hope you enjoy!

*There apparently are emulators for running Windows on Android, but I haven't been bothered to try any.
Alex_Dynamite
road raged psycho

Re: What else I have been up to

Post by Alex_Dynamite »

I did mention there will be vehicles! :swheel:

https://alexonnet.cwaboard.co.uk/sumcomic.html
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

That's a BIG car! :slol:
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

It would make a nice boss for a Carmageddon level or something!

Reminds me of this:
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Alex_Dynamite
road raged psycho

Post by Alex_Dynamite »

Return of the one horse power sleigh!

...well, atleast until he has to push it "over the hills".

/Late reply: That sounds like a fun idea! However, it would likely need a wide, open level for it. Also, I remember someone was importing a land rover at one tme and got the scale wrong in a similar fashion.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Hey Alex, it seems like you're using the live trace function in Illu? It eats a lot of your drawing. You should apply it to a scan of your drawing with a higher resolution and lower some settings, like the minimum area size, etc. :ssmile:
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Alex_Dynamite
road raged psycho

Post by Alex_Dynamite »

Actually, I'm using the Trace Bitmap function in Inkscape. You are right about it eating up my drawings, of which I noticed in working on an upcoming comic, as I used larger images for it and noticed the difference it made.
Nonetheless, thanks for the comment, Tosh!

Check who’s online