Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Not Carma-related. Looking for older freeware...

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Not Carma-related. Looking for older freeware...

Post by Deep_Blue »

Since my HD got screwed by something in a third-party software bundle last Sunday, I've managed to get most of my stuff back-with 2 exceptions: The C2 Drifter bike I made (I'll make another one, I guess) and a neat lil' Mp3 recorder proggy calle "Mp3myMp3" version 3.1

I used this recorder constantly and when I went to re-d/l it, the author had upgraded to version 4.1, which normally wouldn't be a problem except my netbook only does 1024x600 max screen res. Version 4.1 disappears off the screen so I can't access or even see certain parts of it. It won't resize and it's got a bunch of Windows Media player-like junk attached to it now making it perform like crap.

What I wanna know is, does anybody have this 3.1 version-or know where I can get a good copy of it? I sure miss it.

Like I said-it's freeware.

(Or does anybody know of a better one (with recording level meter(s) and an option to name a file before saving it in either mp3 or wav format? -Some recorders just auto save as time/date and that's all ya get.) Gotta work off stereo mix so it'll record whatever noise my comp makes.

'Preciate any leads or a point to a better prog.

:grin:
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
coffeycup
Genesis

Re: Not Carma-related. Looking for older freeware...

Post by coffeycup »

I use Audacity. It's free and not bloatware or malware.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Re: Not Carma-related. Looking for older freeware...

Post by Deep_Blue »

Yup. I used to have that, too. Guess I'll hafta get it again. Thanks.
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***

Check who’s online