Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Carmageddon Movies

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Carmageddon Movies

Post by Mad_Maxine »

This is jsut a coppy and paste of my carma forums post, Ive decided to use carmageddon for something it was never designed, Making movies.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dident know where to place this.. its kinda fan art. because its not a mod or download.. its jsut an artistic video.. so feel free to move it if needed.

I have decided to combine a few things I love, Game modding, Car chase movies, Carmageddon.. so I decided to do a chase in a carmageddon movie. It turns out it was more complicated than I first thought, and well.. Ill give you all the back stage info after the video..

But here is a carmageddon bullit car chase!

I know the video player is here But I sugest you go to youtube and watch it in the bigger player. rather than a tiney little box like this. Video size can be changed on youtube in the bottom right the little Gear/cog lookin thing, thne you can choose Player size.
[youtube]Hk4o-ToT46Y[/youtube]

Backstage:

So as you might have spotted I had to drive both cars, and AI one of them at some points. This was harder than it looked. as you can see from the outtakes AI just dident wana play ball. One recording I did miss.. is after compleatly ignoring me when I wanted to be chased.. the AI car then came over and smashed into me while I was trying to do another scene. Its like playing a game with a greifer...

Anyway How did all this happen? for all those who want to make carma movies.

You see two cars?. there are actully five,

Car one and two, are the charger and mustang, but because carmageddon driving is so touchy, and pressure sensative stuff dosent seem to like it I had to set them to be very slow. and very slow accelerating. These two cars I used for the first driving in traffic scenes.

Car three and four, Normal setup Charger and mustang, These are the ones from the chase scnes are much faster and have that bouncy 60s suspension. They handle like total ass tho to get this look, so some of the cornering scenes had to be done multiple times.

Car five, Is the charger that gets blown up, This is softer and dosent have the reflective windows (because I had to remove the wam to do that quickly) soft, and full of the orignal detatchables.

Also if you are wondering about the physics looking diffrent.. Its set to 2.5 gravity, car suspension is stiff with very low damping, and higher than normal center of gravity, Some scenes were also doubled in speed.. carmageddon looks quite slugish and kinda floaty.. like the air is thick. when you look at it from outside the car...

The cars:
The cars are like real life movie cars.. they look fine there.. but close up.. they look like total ass.

Cars Used:

ADR:

1969 Dodge Charger
I had to put 68 charger rear lights on it, also gave it that reflective bodywork making it look like its from some kinda bad movie indie game, Suspension is higher and all the handling file is changed, so are the wheel models. removed the hood vent, added drivers

1969 Mustang Boss 302
Same, Hightend suspension, shiney skin, diffrent wheel texutres, driver added handling file changed and bounding box to give more ground clerance, removed front grille (due to spotlights) rear wing, window cover

Autopilot:

1962 Ford F-100
Drone, Reflective skin blacked interior.

Slayer:

1968 Chrysler Newport

Econobrick:

1968 VW Beetle

1977 Checker Marathon - I know its the wrong year, but its been in production since the 50s. so only the bumpers look wrong really.

Hope you enjoyed the video and all, thats the most effort ive ever put into any game video ever and.. Im kinda proud of it being my fist video sucess!

Thanks for wathin!

----------------------
Also there will be more movies to come, they just take a while thats all, Im allready planning my next one and have learnt a few things, that I could have added in the last one.. kidna Effects. so yeah More sometime!
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Re: Carmageddon Movies

Post by Harmalarm »

my god that sound like a lot of work. I'm impressed! I cannot wait to cross the border out of china, to get a look at this vid, as youtube is sensored out of this country...
Hairba11
turbo bastard

Post by Hairba11 »

that was awesome! and well synced to the audio.
loved watching it. my only critique (of the movie really) is you didn't pass the same vw beetle 9 times.

and loads of good car chases to pick from

red 2, porsche 911, citroen 2cv, motorcycle

badlands, 59 4 door cadillac, 58 fury? and dirt roads/fields

action USA, 66 ford truck, baracuda, station wagon going through a house, 80's cars exploding propane tanks and exploding semi trailer finale

short time is fun to watch, but long and way to many drones
If it runs, drives, stops, has a title, AND is under $300, I'll take it!
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

I really wanted to do short time, Ive allready figured out some kinda 'effects' for bullets in windsheilds and stuff. and I Could have some fun scenes with like 10 opponent cop cars, But yeah lots of traffic, Mine would look pretty empty.

Anyway Ive allready started the planning for my next one so my next movie car chase has allready been picked :P Wonder if anybody will figure it out before its done. Will be much more work setting up than the bullit one tho.
Hairba11
turbo bastard

Post by Hairba11 »

any hints?
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

That video was awesome. I missed seeing peds though.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

OK, the out-takes at the end got me...
:rofl:
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Haha, yeah! Loved the speeded up action and Benny Hill music. Just needed some busty scantily clad peds running around.
Hairba11
turbo bastard

Post by Hairba11 »

blues brothers mall scene

Check who’s online