Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

BeamNG - tech demo

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

BeamNG - tech demo

Post by Harmalarm »

[youtube]X77cThD4vj8[/youtube]

I have been keeping a close eye on this project for a while now. Impressive damage physics if you ask me. It seems they finally decided to throw in a tech demo to demonstrate the physics and let your do your own crashing. Fun stuff!

At first glance I would say the whole car suspension system could use some tweaks, but the overal driving experience is pretty great. What do you guys think?

You can find a link to the tech demo below the video on youtube. More info on http://www.beamng.com/content/
Last edited by Harmalarm on Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coffeycup
Genesis

Re: BeamNG - tech demo

Post by coffeycup »

can't watch now because at work, but I think the main argument has been it looks great but never shows more than one or two cars onscreen. How would it perform with 16 cars at once?
DXB
pedestrian

Post by DXB »

coffeycup wrote:can't watch now because at work, but I think the main argument has been it looks great but never shows more than one or two cars onscreen. How would it perform with 16 cars at once?
If i'm correct it depends on the CPU, So if you have one those recent quad-core CPU you can have 4 cars at once, If you tried to add more your fps will drop, Unless you have one of those expensive gaming pc as i remember someone on the beamng forums posted a picture showing 6 cars at once, So i'd imagine the game would be unplayable with 16 cars.

And sorry if my english isn't good, it isn't my mother language.
timmy76
motorised death

Post by timmy76 »

You need to buy the alpha version to unlock more cars n terrains it costs £10 (i dont know how much it costs in any other region) which isn't bad at all considering you get free updates and new releases.
I've been loving this game so much more advanced as Rigs of Rods and lags less imo.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

DXB wrote:If i'm correct it depends on the CPU, So if you have one those recent quad-core CPU you can have 4 cars at once, If you tried to add more your fps will drop, Unless you have one of those expensive gaming pc as i remember someone on the beamng forums posted a picture showing 6 cars at once, So i'd imagine the game would be unplayable with 16 cars.

And sorry if my english isn't good, it isn't my mother language.
I watched the vid. That does look sweet. Almost too realistic for Carma, the game would be over in 5 seconds.
Maybe 16 cars is a bit high, but I think 10 or 12 opponents would be needed for Carmageddon gameplay.

and your english is fine. :smile:

Check who’s online