Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

What I have been up to...

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Alex_Dynamite
road raged psycho

What I have been up to...

Post by Alex_Dynamite »

I know I haven't been active around here much, but I have been working on a project of mine. For those that visit my page(though I don't blame you for not, as I rarely updated), you would have notice that I have recently made a large update to it, of which includes an "action comic" that I have started. The first episode is up. Feel free to take a look and let me know what you think.
AlexOnNet
Note: for those wondering about the lack of vehicles or even Carmageddon in it, don't worry, I have a few ideas for future episodes... :swink:
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Re: What I have been up to...

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Well, I must leave in a few munits so I wont relaly have time to read it, But I did read your intro, and such,

Thats a pretty good acheivement tho, a full lenth comic is a pain in the as... Hell Ive still only managed to do page one of my demon comic... meh.
But yeah as you said it will be fun to see your art change as you make comics.. then youll look back, at what you did.. Im actully embaraced at the old work I did.. I found an old folder of my artwork and Gee is it bad,

so yeah, Im impressed with your acheivement here, and ill come back and type more once ive actully read it, I see theres 28 pages, thats a hell of a lot of drawing and writing there, heh
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Read it and I think it's very good for a first full lenght comic like that.
Your usual style really shows, as well as your liking of drawing cars.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

I was trying to check it out on my phone, but that's a dumb place to try and view it. :supercrazy:
Man, you've put a lot of work into it. I can't even image doing more than an eight-pager. Wow.
Have you considered just drawing the line work, scanning and adding color with paint prog?
Might save you some time. I'm lazy so I look for ways to make it easier :grin:
Alex_Dynamite
road raged psycho

Post by Alex_Dynamite »

Thanks, everyone! :smile:
There I was worrying myself with how long it was taking, but everyone is saying the same thing with how much work it is! :sbsmile:

Re:Tosh; Yeah, I tried that, but had problems. I also wasn't finding it as fun as I usually did. However, that idea I mentioned in the Preface may fix that! :swink:

EDIT: I was thinking and was wondering if anyone ever had problems viewing updates, especially when it came to the News section on the main page. I find I have to "Refresh" even after revisiting pages. It is especial bad for the News section, as "Refreshing" doesn't work - I have to clear the site's cache(hence the little note I added). I want to know if it is happening to others, so it can be corrected if needed.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Ok so I did read it, It inspired me to try do the comic I Was gona do.. (ive done one frame so far.. yay?)

Theres clearly a lot of work gone into that, and you are very good at drawing cars, some of them I can tell what they are stright away, your actully pretty damn awsome at cars. (the only oens I dident know were cars I forgot the names of) too bad the whole thing got, kinda bleached by the scannor huh? I used ot have that problem, mabye play with the settings a little, sometiems its not allways the most odbvius ones.

Only negative for me was I couldent tell some of the charactors were female.. heh that medic has a very manlyd jaw line :P just sayin there,
Enjoyed the read, much work gone into it, and yeah Like I said, drawing comics is great practice, drawing the same charactors in diffrent poses and such is a sure way to increse your skill over time,
Hoe you keep makin stuff, and keep enjoying it too,
Alex_Dynamite
road raged psycho

Post by Alex_Dynamite »

Thanks, Maxine! Glad to know it inspired you! :sbsmile:
Yeah, the colors are a bit off and did attempt to make corrections. In all honesty, I actually thought it was the story that was "bleached"(watered down/unexciting), but from what everyone is saying, it apparently worked out fine!

As for drawing vehicles and people, I find it quite understandable. I didn't really start drawing people realistically until adulthood, but I continued to prefer vehicles, so progress was still a little slow. Nonetheless, I'll continue to draw and practice. I started enjoying drawing people as much as I do vehicles!

Check who’s online