Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Are you happy to see me, or is that Carma in your pocket?

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
coffeycup
Genesis

Are you happy to see me, or is that Carma in your pocket?

Post by coffeycup »

Has anyone else here been playing the mobile version of C1? I'm enjoying it more than the GOG release.
I was out of town this weekend, but with my phone I was able play C1 in my hotel room. It was great!

I wish Stainless would port this version to PC etc. It feels slicker (IMO) and the online achievements and YouTube uploads make it feel more current.

Anyway, I'm really digging it. :swheel:
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Re: Are you happy to see me, or is that Carma in your pocket

Post by Harmalarm »

Yes, I play it too! Luckilly we just bought an Ipad two weeks ago, so I was able to get it for free first day.

I am amazed at how the game behaves similar to the original pc version. The physics are so much the same that I almost forget I am playing the IOS version. It's really great! Achievements are also a bonus.

I did lose my savegame at about 80% playthrough. Unfortunately I had overwritten it with a new one! :sad: But luckily, there is the update now! :thumbsup:

And yes, I feel what you mean about it being more slick than the pc version. Framerate is simply better, even with more in view. I also noticed that the cops have fixed parking positions, which I like. Was this always the case, even with the pc version?
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Yeah, I remember the cops being parked at specific locations. So far the only thing I've noticed in the gameplay that seems different is the type of peds appearing in the levels. Maybe it's my faulty memory, but I don't remember the zimmer old lady in the Death Valley levels, I thought she was just in the city levels.
But I don't care, the more she shows up the better. :swheel:
timmy76
motorised death

Post by timmy76 »

haha I've got this aswell and i must says its the best mobile game Ive ever player :lol:
But yeah a pc port would be brilliant :grin:
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

timmy76 wrote:its the best mobile game Ive ever player :lol:
Ya! No kidding. Most racing apps are a few small loops and crappy car handling. I can't believe they crammed the entire game into an app.
Oh, I know why it looks better now. Mobile has the fog/darkness of the old 3DFX Glide patch that I do not see when playing the GOG version on my PC.
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

Yup agreed, they have done great things with the IOS release - and agreed it would be nice to see a PC port and even for those console gamers a XBL & PSN release!

Check who’s online