Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

A lil question from old pal

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
neitronsucks
pedestrian

A lil question from old pal

Post by neitronsucks »

Well hey everyone, neitron here! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Didn't showed here for I think forever! Glad this place still has attention though.

The tread is about the following.
Let me start by saying that I know I haven't got around to fully accomplish any of my stuff cause I'm a piece of shit.
But... since Maxine finally managed to do that tractor trailer thing this just comes to my mind over and over again:

As far as Iknow nobody did it before. But it looks to me that it fits C2 just perfectly. I'd drive that, shure I'd do baby.

Now the question: Can I pull off the trailer thing by my own (regarding my skill level) or is it too damn hard for a slacker like me?:P Keep in mind I made smashables, doors, six wheels all that stuff back in the day on my other (sadly unreleased) models. I know a bit. But I didn't exactly figured how Maxine did what she did...

Is it hardcore hard or just further thoughtfull readings or a quick explain could clarify this to me? I dunno.

Also, was this covered somewhere outside CWA? Is there a tutorial or something?
p.s. those models aren't mine.
Cheers guys!

btw, sorry for that terrible inside joke
coffeycup
Genesis

Re: A lil question from old pal

Post by coffeycup »

Hi,

If you have some experience editing files then go ahead and fiddle around, but even Maxine didn't completely work it out. The problem is the trailer is really an opponent and to keep the 'trailer' opponent from driving on its own or attacking you is to use the Freeze Opponent cheat.

I know she tried using a drone as a trailer, but that didn't give the results she was looking for either.

The only documentation is her post at CWA.
neitronsucks
pedestrian

Post by neitronsucks »

Thanks for your explanation!
kinda sums up everything to me
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Ya the whole desired thing dosent really work but If you want to contact me or whatever, working with people would be.. cool I guess? I know coffey wanted to but UI got stumped on a practical way to do all this Pluss I left it alone for a long while. like most people know by now one of the closest people to me in my life died the day after I made this, giving the whole mod a bitter twist, and causing.. uh.. Other complications that I wont go int,

Anyway you can read the trailer post to show how it all works with bounding boxes and oponents,
only other thing was when I tried to put detatchables that slowly fall off the trailer. posted it at carma fourms but those guys wasent too impressed it seems?

Good luck, and stuff.. i guess.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

I still think that there's a lot of potential in this idea.
All it needs is a 100% working and standard method.

Having opponents with a trailer is easy peasy all it requires is distance calculation and a precise BBOX.
But driving as the player with a trailer, then it has to be parked somewhere near to be mounted on the truck as you showed in your video.
If I remember correctly there are ways to prevent a car to move on its own but it would still be moveable with the wheels spinning. It's just a matter of fiddling with the car's physics.

The whole idea is very close to the animated noncars we use in tracks with incased BBOXes.
I'd totaly see a train with 3 or 4 parts as an opponent! A negative center of mass would prevent it from falling on its sides etc. It being very heavy and all. Oh hey hehe that's an idea... 4 heavy trains chasing you. I can see the ad poster from here.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
neitronsucks
pedestrian

Post by neitronsucks »

Hey Maxine I really like in your video how the truck picks up the trailer!

I'm kinda pumped for this. Sadly no futher development on this till aprill I guess (realistically) (
Also I should handle with my horrible lazyness and that would be the hardest thing. that kept me from finishing up all my stuff.

But hey we'll see. first things first - gotta refresh my cared skills (havent touched that in years)
I'll shure post if things will happen!

Cheers, guys!

Check who’s online