Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Cars, For morons

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Cars, For morons

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Welcome to Maxines's guide to car identification,

i really should make this at car game sites but ill be harassed off it so im going to put my pointers here too.

Ok so how did this start? its not a rant its just me trying to inform people to stop the flow of miss information,

the main prolem is me going theu IGCD (or Internet Game Car Database) and seeing things are wrong and being anoyed at everyone saying generic things, Thats a belair, or thats a dodge charger, there are more than 3 cars sold in america, so heres a guid how to talk about cars in games without looking like a know nothing ass,

Follow these steps and peopel will look at you funny and say Wow thats a car nerd who has no sex life, So lets get started,

Step 1 -=Research=-

Ok main problem is everyone thinks a square muscle car is a dodge charger, and every 50s car is a caddilac, or belair, how to stop this is to look up things damnit! memory is a good thing, chances are if you like telling what cars are in games, your proboly a Car person, who likes cars, i go to car shows and every time i go i learn about new cars ive never seen before, its not too hard to rember things you have seen, bow let me use the poor folks at IGCD again for an example of this,

as ill show now this is most common in trucks busses, and comercial type veichles, Now lets see a picture,
[img]http://www.igcd.net/images/013/323.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.igcd.net/images/022/418.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.igcd.net/images/008/020.jpg[/img]

'International Harvester' is what all of the above are labled as, now IGCD is not AS bad as it was, i rember i think all busses with a front engine were labled as that at one point, But my point is look up diffrent models if your determin to find out what a school bus is, there not all the same,

Its not hard to look up a picture, and then determin if it looks the same as what you have in the game,

Step 2 -=Fakes=-

rember Many games do Not have licenced cars, most of the time in these types of games the cars they use will resemble real cars, and share simler names, but also rember that some companys just make cars that are totaly made up.

So here is how to identify what cars are real, ill use Rage racer as an example, one of my favorite games, and one that holds my point,

The cars in rage racer Look like they could be real cars, afterall theres a corvette and a subaru360, but as you race youll notise that a lot of the cars have the same model with diffrent skins, making them look like theres more cars in the game than there actully is, it took me a while to spot that the car i was trying to beat at one point was the same model as my car only with a diffrent skin so the lights and all were positioned diffrently, this means the car is Not real, even tho they may use styling from other car lights and stuff, so that makes the car Made up, or as they like to put it, 'Made For Game' tho this only really happens in old games where the skin was very important to how the overall car looked, one point where being a game modder helps you spot these things,

Step 3 -=Miss Identification=-

Im not going to rant here because nobody knows every car brand, and model, ever created in the world, and over time many cars from diffrent countrys shared there designs sold them and some companys just coppyed popular car designs, this means theres lots of cars that do look simlar in the world (especially modern stuff) so its not bad to mistake one car for another, but heres some small points to help stop that using basic lodgic in your brain,

Where is the game set?
Chances are if the game is set in america, it wont be full of fiats and citrones,
Same goes a game in germany proboly wont have any hummers, or ford crown vics,

This is the part that bugs me when someone comes along and says a bunch of cars in a game, are cars that are not avalible in that country, worse case ive seen from this is an australian who gta san andreas taxis were holdens, Now... Why would the yellow cab company In LA use rare imported australian cars as taxis? eh? Just think for a moment where Is this game set?

Step 4 -=Accepting Defete=-

the most irritating thing anybody can do is say there right about everyhting, If you have a car in a game, and you think you know what it is, then someone else comes along says, "No your wrong, its this" and shows a picture of a car that looks exactly like the one in game, Dont argue your point, accept that your wrong, and see that the car is the same, Dont hold up a false identification Just because you dont want to be wrong,

Well lets see how that goes, now im going over to IGCD and im posting a topic listing cars i belive to be wrong, because im a nerd and i hate seeing thigns wrong, tho i dont think ill post this because i dotn wana be flamed to hell in 3 years when they decide to reply.

Good luck peace out hope you had a good christmas and a happy new year!
AgentOrange
mechanic

Cars, For morons

Post by AgentOrange »

I think you're kind of right, i mean some people are mostly right but sometimes make mistakes. Good thing is that there are Car (maniacs)who admit that they made a mistake, but sadly there are some that keep saying they are right about it when they are not.

BTW This is coming from an IGCD member.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Cars, For morons

Post by Toshiba-3 »

This actually was a great post to read! And good to see you're still around :)

I very rarely go to IGCD (mainly because of the misinformation you're talkin' about heh) but I guess this type of misinformation forced by know-nothings is common to a lot of other racing games related websites. That very beheaviour happens in a lot of other domains be it car related, fonts, chemicals, arts, etc.

The first step you suggest is probably the most important because if one's actually able to move its ass to look up for information, that one has enough brain to cope up with the other steps. The morons being the ones who "assume" without verifying anything or even without trying to think at all...
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Cars, For morons

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Hello!,

yeah thanks for the comeback i was thinking mabye this place is not active and i would just post to nobody?, good to see tosh is sitill here, Ive been reading the news when it arives, and im also a member of IGCD ive posted in the site that i think cars are wrong ive provided pictures, i waited, then i posted it in the fourms, got a reply from the owenr, and Still things are wrong, meh,
also sorry for the bad typos, im not a good speller and i was asleep allmost when i was typing that,

And now since its the new year and christmas has passed i think ill go make a happy topic,

Check who’s online