Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Retro City Rampage

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Retro City Rampage

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Ok, I guess most people remember the GTA remake for the NES which was going strong until 2005-2006 when it like disappeared. It was named Grand Theftendo.

Well it's about to be released on WiiWare, NES and Master System!
It goes now by Retro City Rampage and the game became a monster, a license parodying monster. This seems like a really crazy game, and has a great soundtrack (for those who like 8-bit music ofcourse).

Official site
Official Trailer -> check this out at least
Longer Gameplay video

I'm sure to buy the NES cartridge!

How many movie/game licenses and 80s culture cameo can you point out?
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Citywalker
pedestrian

Retro City Rampage

Post by Citywalker »

Gee williker, that's a lot of cameos! :) Certain generation will probably be laughing too hard to play...
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Retro City Rampage

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Actually it won't be compatible with a real NES :( Only the base project (Grand Theftendo) was.

As references I see things like: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Bionic Commando, Mario, Zelda, BTTF, GTA ofcourse, Metal Gear Solid, Sonic (some decors), Beastie Boys, Contra, Skate or Die, the A-Team and Magnum, Frogger, Ikari warriors, I saw an Apogee billboard too!, Monkey Island maybe? ("SCRUM Bar"), there's a "Lunch Out!" building, River City, Mission Impossible?, etc.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Check who’s online