Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Wide Boy stole my powerups :(

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Wide Boy stole my powerups :(

Post by Razor »

Was just playing Timber on C2, I have no mods installed, I decided to install a version of C2 and keep it in its vanilla form.

So anyway, I was on Timber and I see Wide Boy on the map, I drive over to him and I see him floating away into the air as if he has Lunar Gravity on, then about 15 seconds later he falls to the ground as if it just ran out...

I've never encountered a C2 opponent seemingly using a powerup before but this was the closest thing to using a powerup I've ever seen.. (Electro Bastard Ray from Stella doesn't count.)

Anybody else seen anything like this before.. I know I haven't until just now.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
SoupaVedg
motorised death

Re: Wide Boy stole my powerups :(

Post by SoupaVedg »

I hope this is not what I think it is...

I got an old version of Monster Truck Madness by Microsoft. Well, running it on XP make the AI go dead. Truck float in the air(but stay at the same place), they sometimes stay in place (as if they were caught in glue), always call on the helicopter (U use the helicopter normally when you're stuck upside down) or can't seems to follow the race pattern like they used to on my Win95 in the old days...

My guess is that the new hardware and the speed of the processor are too fast for the game to keep on. Maybe that's starting to happen to C2?

There's already the pedestrian move bug on the new machines, so...
SoupaVedg! The only super hero who have Soup in his name!
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Nono, it wasn't anything like that.. It was weird, you know if you hit a ramp slowly with Lunar Gravity on, it sort of flips slowly in the air whilst floating up, up and awayy!

That's what happened, it didn't feel, look or act like a bug or anything, it was as if he was using the powerup, it ran out, he fell to the ground like normal.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Post by Harmalarm »

too bad you didn't record it, but it seems to me it was indeed a powerup in use. I cannot imagine any other way opponents float in the air. The game either crashes when something weird happens, or it is part of the game. So my guess is the latter one. This is very interesting though. Perhaps some powerups work on opponents too. You didn't have the slow opponents powerup running did you?
C2 Scientist
jaywalker

Post by C2 Scientist »

I've seen an opponent floating at least once... in fact, I still have the video clip I recorded it into. :smile:

But have you ever seen a wall texture to get replaced by e.g. HUD graphics? I have a clip of that kind of thing too. Odd things happen... go and watch the train go by in Beaver Woods, and you just might get lucky. :smile:
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

I've seen those texture bugs, like cars getting track textures.

Also the train in Beaver Woods always does random things, it never just travels past merrily, it's always at a 45 degree angle or floating in the air.
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

Never seen textures get mixed, well not by default, but it happened when there was loaded 2 identical named textures with custom cars.

Never seen the train go wonky in the times i played.

Never seen opponents having powerups going on their cars except for, and this is more interesting for this topic, is that when you get the gravity powerup yourself ANYTHING is affected by it. So it seems more like a bug rather then he gotten the gravity powerup and just he is affected.

But then, to test it out one should freeze an opponent and shove him into this powerup, then unfreeze and ram him off something or really hard he goes into the air.
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Only powerups I have were about 50 Pedestrian Repulsificators.

Check who’s online