Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Smoke bombs?

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
pileup
turbo bastard

Smoke bombs?

Post by pileup »

does anyone know how to make a smoke bomb without these ingredients: potassium nitrate, ping pong balls or any cold ice packs or garden materials. Just the kind of stuff you would have to happen lying around the house? I wanna make a flare but all the vids ive seen contain at least 1 of these ingredients!

Any help will be accepted. Thanks ( i seriously looked everywhere spent 5 hours looking! :techsupport: )
running people over.. so many peds so little time...
pileup
turbo bastard

Re: Smoke bombs?

Post by pileup »

So far i have looked on over 90 websites and still no jackpot..... I just wanna make one for a laugh to set it off in a park with no toxic chemicals and with supplies you can find in a house!
Tony
Ninja

Post by Tony »

During some events withing the Bujinkan we have done some interesting stuff. We haven't done many explosive bombs, but cracked up egg shells filled with a nasty mix of ordinary spices and such, thrown at people. Some more dangerous then others, which even could cause permanent blindness. Those we didn't use at each other though. Most of those we kept on a theoretic level and only talked about.

The sugar/saltpeter mix I've seen a lot on the web is easy to make and it do make people turn some heads due to the smoke. Both sugar and salpeter can be found in a regular grocery store. Among the spices, if my memory is correct. Other things that might be needed also can be found in a regular home.
-[ Growl Karaoke ]-[ Image ]-[ Abacorn ]-[ Portfolio ]-
Recent exploit: Trapped The Forces of Evil in a box.. and shaked it!
pileup
turbo bastard

Post by pileup »

Nice one! but i was thinking more along the lines of something you could find in the office!
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Smoke bombs a la plastique:

6 parts saltpeter (Potassium Nitrate) to 4 parts sugar. Saltpeter is commonly used as a diuretic for animals.

's all ya need. "Parts" can be grams or tons as long as it's 6:4. (Domino/Dixie Crystals, etc.)

Can be used in powder form in a container but works best when the mixture is melted S-L-O-W-L-Y in an old saucepan on the stove and stirred until it turns into a brown, crystalline goop.

Coat a string with polystyrene model cement and roll it in gunpowder to make a decent fuse and stick it into the goop before the goop hardens.

When cooled the goop is extremely stable and looks like a turd. A pound of this mixture will produce enough thick, white smoke to fill a city block.

Tried and true. Never fails. I've made thousands of them.
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
pileup
turbo bastard

Post by pileup »

damn! sounds good i'll give it a shot! thanks!
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Now, heheh. If your kitchen isn't already fulla smoke...Mind you-heat the mixture slowly on low heat. Nothing sucks worse than having it go off in the damn pan. (Been there-Done that.)
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***

Check who’s online