Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

what other games do you mod!

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
timmy76
motorised death

what other games do you mod!

Post by timmy76 »

not that much activiaty latley. so go on post em up of what other games you model for other than carmageddon.

heres a couple im working on for a game called nascar/banger heat :P

a 1300cc stock car hoping to make a complete mod

and a jaguar hearse which is hopefully going in Rfactor aswell as heat

Fireman
motorised death

Re: what other games do you mod!

Post by Fireman »

I don't model but I make mods for GTA San Andreas and Baldur's Gate. Most of time I also like modifying other people's work, much easier than making your own, obviously only for personal use :P
pileup
turbo bastard

Post by pileup »

i heavily mod a indie game named cortex command. Made many a mods yet never released em... as im afraid people will hate my mods, like the niko bellic character... But the best of all is that all you need to mod it is imagination, paint and notepad. Anyways all the ones i mod... gta2,gta san andreas, cortex command, carmageddon 2, carmageddon tdr 2000 thats about it...
running people over.. so many peds so little time...
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

Why would you do that pileup?

The worst thing that can happen on the internet is that everybody screams and yells at you, which they will do anyway since it's.. well the internet and there are always people insulting everything and everyone. (or people who have no idea how to install a mod so they just go: IT SUCKS)

Besides you might even get some useful feedback, my first mod I uploaded had a topic going 20 pages long and I learned pretty much everything from that topic :P

SoupaVedg
motorised death

Post by SoupaVedg »

Well, I can understand, some peeps are really bad critics, they almost tell you to die if you do things they don't like...
SoupaVedg! The only super hero who have Soup in his name!
timmy76
motorised death

Post by timmy76 »

yeah but some critisiam can be helpful tbh
SoupaVedg
motorised death

Post by SoupaVedg »

Of course they can, but if you got low self-esteem IRL, and you get your ass kicked for something you share with the online community, well, it doesn't help RL self-esteem either.
SoupaVedg! The only super hero who have Soup in his name!
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Post by Mad Max RW »

I recently got back into modding with the re-release of AvP Classic on Steam. After having not modded or even played the game in nearly ten years I felt like it desperately needed a graphical overhaul. Early 3D shooters age badly. This one was no exception.

Link: http://www.moddb.com/mods/aliens-versus ... ssic-redux

So far I replaced every single character model and most of the weapons with all new high poly models with high resolution textures. Almost all of the hundreds of sounds have been replaced. Most of the multiplayer maps have been redone with high-resolution textures and more are in the works. I also discovered a way to activate DX9/10 shaders making the game really pop. Ontop of that all new singleplayer and multiplayer maps are either finished or in various stages of development. I'm also going back and touching up the original singleplayer campaigns with more details such as having a squad of marines follow you around in certain levels, working with a hive of fellow aliens, cocooned humans begging you to kill them, etc..
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

Uh wow. Yeah i just recently bought a copy after the latest release for AvP franchise. Hearing that the 2000 AvP is the best. But the screenshots didn't look ok for me, so i haven't yet played it. This makes it worthwhile :smile: nice
pileup
turbo bastard

Post by pileup »

Recently got all unreal tournaments! And iv'e been modding those too, with new weapon coding, yet no models, as i can't use 3ds max for shit! :noob:
timmy76
motorised death

Post by timmy76 »

pileup
turbo bastard

Post by pileup »

Nice work there timmy, that be a volvo i see? :investigate:
timmy76
motorised death

Post by timmy76 »

er well its more of a plymouth satilite wagon side, but everything else was made as it went along. it has a 3032 poly rate :supercrazy:

http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv48 ... led-50.jpg

Check who’s online