Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Good to see game developers are still honist

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Good to see game developers are still honist

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Ok so we know there are lots of ripoff of other games.. such as the simpsons wich has never had orignal ideas and mearly made games like tony hawks, gta, crazy taxi, but with worse physics and simpsons charactors, so this is nothing new,

A popular one is gta, there are so many 2d car games out there now, some good, some .. well ya,

but heres one from last year for phones, called Carjack City.

its a very grand theft auto type game and thats ok as long as its fun? its not trying to be anything else its just a gta style run around do missions stealing cars type game. all good. it kinda looks like gta but the graphics seem.. brighter and more.... well detailed the cars are detailed but the background seems kind of basic and bright, kinda looks like the cars i made back in... Oh hell.....

Yeah that ambulance caught my eye and it buged me for a while, so i dug up my old gta vertion, wich has not been modified since 2004, date is in the file, and well i mirrored it and behold it looks .. well Just Look.

I was a gta modder for a while and i downloaded many cool cars, so lets jsut have a look at some more screenshots of carjack city, a game wich was Sold, for money, to people, and a look at cars from Gtazz, a gta site that was popular theu the early years of 2000 and late 90s,

There are many more fimilia looking cars, but i cant seem to find them on gtazz (many cars were lost due to... i dunno.. some big fuckup)

So.. theres no light way of saying this .. so basicaly..

Im Fucking Piseed Off!

The end,
pileup
turbo bastard

Re: Good to see game developers are still honist

Post by pileup »

i can understand that your pissed off, i mean stealing other peoples work then no credit where it should be due, what a-holes! In fact you have every right to be pissed off!
running people over.. so many peds so little time...
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

I think you have a right to more than that... why don't you write to them asking for royalties?
SoupaVedg
motorised death

Post by SoupaVedg »

They're gonna laugh at her. Don't forget they have money. And money = Good lawyers.

Look at how many times Microsoft used other peep's idea/programs/scripts in theirs products and how many times they lost in court.
SoupaVedg! The only super hero who have Soup in his name!
Econobrick
Stucco

Post by Econobrick »

I highly doubt you'd be dealing with some huge conglomerate in a situation like this.

Seems like at least half-to most of the games made for the Iphone (for example) are cheap pieces of shit made by some lone lazy douchebag looking to make some quick change... and I wouldn't be surprised if that was exactly what was going on here.
The Outlaw
hit n run

Post by The Outlaw »

I wish that developers of these games could be more original, if they do that who know it could be something worth playing but I will not support those who rip off other developers.
I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
roadkill804
hit n run

Post by roadkill804 »

And also the city looks the same as the GTA2 one.
I'm just a lurker.
FirebirdsOwn
driver

Post by FirebirdsOwn »

This times 9000.

Check who’s online