Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Thanks sony... thanks a f#c*ing lot.....

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
pileup
turbo bastard

Thanks sony... thanks a f#c*ing lot.....

Post by pileup »

Does everyone whoever owns a ps3 remember why they purchased it? free online play of course! well not anymore, now sony's made a dick move and now decided that you will have simple and free servers, whilst other servers exist yet you will have to pay for extra features.... its pathetic that they reel us in with free and later on slam a payment on us...... well sony has practically dug its own grave with lawsuits waiting. :techsupport:
running people over.. so many peds so little time...
FirebirdsOwn
driver

Re: Thanks sony... thanks a f#c*ing lot.....

Post by FirebirdsOwn »

Are you shitting me?!?!?!
SoupaVedg
motorised death

Post by SoupaVedg »

Heh. All the others are doing it. XBox, Wii. So why not them?
SoupaVedg! The only super hero who have Soup in his name!
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

You know, eventually it was going to happen. It actually costs to run servers, specially crowded ones like for say CoD's.

Also, when paying, money can go to the service to be even better.
pileup
turbo bastard

Post by pileup »

Yeah i suppose funding will help them, and many people once buying a ps3 also read the print in the online use eula notice and it said something about online free is only a temorary feature of ps3's use.

many rumors have been spread about this yet sony have finally let loose and let anger spread. Many rumors have it that it'll be £2.60 a hour, well we can already tell thats a load a crap. But that price better not be that high, if it is i am ditching my ps3 and buying one of the new x-box 360 consoles.

its enough to make all ps3 owners cry aint it? :shock:
timmy76
motorised death

Post by timmy76 »

well if this does happen then mine's going in the bin tbfh :mad:
pileup
turbo bastard

Post by pileup »

same goes here, i mean i was looking forward to the new twisted metal for ps3 with its epic looking online, shame i wont be on it due to sony's lies and the rumored costs. :mad:

well timmy im afraid the whole sony making us pay thing is fully true, you can check on your ps3 if you want, the only thing not official is the price tag for online...
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

LOL well you can best expect it to be around 60 euro's for a whole year. Just like the XBox service.

And do know this "word" is always been around that it'll be a pay service ever since the PS2 online started. They just hold it off long enough..
pileup
turbo bastard

Post by pileup »

Its still quite bad that they said ps3's selling point was free online (hence the price of the console) , yet it will mean ps3's will become cheaper as the price for online goes up the price for the console goes down, as the only reason for selling ps3's at high prices was to pay for the whole online use. Yet all people who bought ps3's early for £300 or so have been conned... which i guess was me. As from the start sony were already contemplating whether they should make us pay as many fine print words involved "un-confirmed online status" which basically ment they were planning it from the start! GITS!
Blingy
turbo bastard

Post by Blingy »

Meh, my brother pays for online so it's up to him. The only game i'll be pissed that isn't online will be Paradise. I play that constantly online.
Kim Jong Thrill & The Thrilluminati's with guest speaker Dingus Magillacutty!
Reno
hit n run

Post by Reno »

Ok well this thread is couple months old so hopefully you would have realised by now but ALL Servers are the same and FREE, there are NO Premium Servers, PSN+ membership is purely PSN Store releated, all you get is a Free Game every month, early access to Demos, selected Betas and Discount off alot of the PS Store items... oh and a little Plus sign next to your name.

Check who’s online