Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Carmageddon 1/2 With a steering wheel.

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
TheJabMan
.:protagonist:.

Carmageddon 1/2 With a steering wheel.

Post by TheJabMan »

So I decided to try my wheel with C1 and C2, I knew it would work with C2 but no idea about C1.

Turns out it works better in C1 than C2... C2 has a deadzone I'm trying to work out but C1 does not.

Also you havent played Carmageddon until you play it with a wheel in cockpit view, my god its 10X the fun.

Still no luck on getting FFB to work in C1 though the wheel is stiff enough that steering is great.

C2 has some FFB, like when you let out an oil slick the wheel vibrates a little bit like something mechanical opening but it has no other FFB yet. Also steering went from being stiff to being very loose upon releasing oil which I thought was the tires being slick, however it stayed loose the rest of the race.

Anyone have any exp on these issues.

Still can't get over how fun C1 is with it :tongue:
hazardic
motorised death

Re: Carmageddon 1/2 With a steering wheel.

Post by hazardic »

what wheel do u use? i ordered g25 a week ago but still haven't any shipment. asap it goes i'll definitely play c1 from cockpit!

btw how did you make working wheel in c1 and c2? just create the profile?
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

The Logitech G25 is great! Trust me, i have one since April 2007 and i love it for both PC and PS3 :smile:

But i actually didn't really like it with Carma..
hazardic
motorised death

Post by hazardic »

ok my g25 is just arrived. but.. how the hell you made it working? i've downloaded profiler 5.07 and profile for carma 2 - so when i start the game it all like was before - keys for drive and the wheel not acting. maybe i dunno how to get it working but i can't find any tutor? what i suppose to do?

edit: oh now it's working. "treat joy as dpad" solved the issue

lol it's funny from cockpit!

btw what degrees of rotation do u have in global device settings?
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

I have an old LogicTech WingMan joystick that I have for flight sims, no FF or anything. I never even tried to get Carma to work with it.

I just now started up C2 and without changing any settings on anything it worked! Steering with a stick is a little weird, but because its analog

you can actually steer smoothly without all the jerky tappity-tap-tap you need to do with the keypad when you're trying to hug the corners of the road.
TheJabMan

Post by TheJabMan »

The wheel counts as the joystick in C2. Just enable Joystick. I still have the issue with a hefty deadzone though, and only some of the buttons on the wheel work. (2 top buttons, shifter paddles, and shifter. You don't have to even change the accelerate/brake settings at least for me C2 figured them out on its own. Let me know if you get FFB working.
hazardic
motorised death

Post by hazardic »

FFb seems not working - but the wheel turns not like when ffb turned off (like in grid for example - if i turn off ffb it turns very easy). the same situation in fuel - ffb oficially not supported but wheel rotates not-free

lol what is all mean..
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Look what I found in my basement, my 10+ year old Thrustmaster T2 Steering Wheel!

I had gotten it for Indy Nascar Racing. I don't remember getting it to work for C1. Don't know if I can get it to work on

my PC, it was for my Mac and isn't even USB.

Good news with the WingMan joystick though is the acceleration is analog too. I just push forward on

the stick a little I can slowly move forward. No more driving by flooring the gas pedal and then coasting.

Actually, if I hook my fingers over the top of the joystick and steer like I would with one hand cruising down the highway,

it feels much more natural than holding the stick the normal way. The converted C1 tracks like Beaches of Blood are real nice

for cruising and I don't have as many out of control spinouts steering this way with the joystick!
hazardic
motorised death

Post by hazardic »

wow, nice wheel)) i like it - looks like momo wheel. does it work?
hazardic
motorised death

Post by hazardic »

TheJabMan, what should i do to get working g25 in C1? i took C2 profile for it, adjust profile but when i click joystick in C1 control menu it says i must set appropriate settings in control panel utility.. dunno what settings exactly :confused:

please :help:
TheJabMan

Post by TheJabMan »

All I did was choose the next KB control scheme, and then change the inputs. When it asks for a key for accelerate, hit the gas and so on, left and right, steer the wheel. Just replace the usual commands with wheel imputs.

The joystick setting is a lost cause in C1 if you're using a modern OS I think.

Just wish I could get rid of that deadzone in C2
hazardic
motorised death

Post by hazardic »

mmm.. well i tried edit kb layout - but as i rememeber nothing happened.. maybe try the next layout as u did.. anyway i'll give it a shot - thanks for reply and advice :grin:
hazardic
motorised death

Post by hazardic »

Let me know if you get FFB working

it seems that i maybe found how to mofify ffb strenght

you must enter in cheat options menu. and there:

Force feedback strength [Shift] + [alt] + 8

haven't tested it now but for sure i'll test it asap plugin the wheel :grin:
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

There is an FFB.TXT in DATA folder that has just 2 lines:

4.7 //max upper limit

3.5 //max lower limit
hazardic
motorised death

Post by hazardic »

yeah or edit strenght this way =)

Check who’s online