Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Wow, ten years ago....

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Andy Gobeil
mechanic

Wow, ten years ago....

Post by Andy Gobeil »

I came across a game called Carmageddon for the Mac and spent many months hacking it to pieces to do new stuff with it.

For some reason I decided to do a search for CWA board a few days ago and imagine to my surprise coming across Coffeycup's site with all the old files I worked on still being hosted to this day.

Brings tears to my eyes, so much time passed and the massive improvement from simple 256 color graphics to the resource hogging games of today such as Crysis.

Now, if we could merge Crysis with Carmageddon that would be the shit.

So, who's still around from the ancient days?
Sarcasm is a free service I provide.
coffeycup
Genesis

Re: Wow, ten years ago....

Post by coffeycup »

Jesus, it Andy G!! Hey man!!

About 2 1/2 yrs ago, I did the same thing, was googling around and found the CWA still around.

So I dug up all(?) the old Mac Carpocalypse files, and then started making new stuff, crazy, huh?.

Remember these banners???
Andy Gobeil
mechanic

Post by Andy Gobeil »

Yeah, the banners are what got to me. Hard to believe that the original demo was something like 13MB and now a good demo is borderline on almost 1GB!

Funny thing is at that time I always thought it was going to be good for Apple to switch to x86, and, lo and behold my prediction came true (I'm now a PC tech and was quite excited when the first hacks came out allowing OSX to run on a limited range of x86 boards and processors). I still have my original Mac Carmageddon CD-ROM and jacket. Hard to believe I've kept it for 10 years or so, but, it was essentially the start of my computer gaming career and represents countless hours wasted on modifying the game. Looking back at the UAW hack that I made cracks me up.

FWIW though I still prefer oldskool games to the new ones. Take Unreal Tournament, for example. I still play it on a daily basis and still make maps for it. While the newer versions seem impressive they trade gameplay for graphics.

I would die for a game that would include Carmageddon-like gameplay with outrageous go-anywhere environments like Crysis or Far Cry. Not a big fan of mission based levels like GTA or the subsequent Carmageddon sequels....I still think the original concept almost was perfect.
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

Hello there, welcome back :beer:
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post deleted by coffeycup

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Andy Gobeil
mechanic

Post by Andy Gobeil »

Yeah, there was quite a crew back in the old day.

IIRC the only names I do remember aside from Coffeycup are NapalmX, Crimson, and Beast.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Beast still lurks in the background. Kavera (don't know if you remember him) gives a shout out ever once in a while.
@ob
road raged psycho

Post by @ob »

Haha i forgot bout Kav, lol. Well its nice to see a new member. I still need my own box to work on shit with.. i only barely have access to the computer ATM.
flykas
turbo bastard

Post by flykas »

well since such beautiffle situation has ocurred, you ,inspired by it should get to geather and start utopic new carma project ,wich will be realesed 7 years later, with many futures cut out from it cuz it was too abitious, but still it will be the game of the year ,and will live on next 10 years :rockon: keep it real :rockon: :grin:
Wolfheart
turbo bastard

Post by Wolfheart »

Wow, Andy... long time no see bro.

Meh... another one of the veterans tha'ts still returning every now and then to see what's cookin' on this community.

Glad to see you still around, I wish that X-Ray, Viper, Scarehead, or any other guy from the good old days would pop out of nowhere :rockon:
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Believe it or not, I just heard from Napalm-X. He had dropped me a note to my hotmail account.

I almost missed it because it went to the junk folder for some reason :sad:

I told him to drop by here again sometime
Andy Gobeil
mechanic

Post by Andy Gobeil »

Better get out a case of Geritol for all the oldtimers :lol:
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

You said it, gramps! :tongue:
Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

N-X shows his face around here from time to time. Even caught him on MSN a bunch of times. That man's a legend.

AndyG you old dog, where have you been all this time?
El Barto
turbo bastard

Post by El Barto »

I still arround here, hiding in the shadows lol.

Welcome back :smile:

Check who’s online