Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

GTA IV

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

GTA IV

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Realy. nobody has made a topic yet?

Ok so lets talk about it!? GTA IV is the best gta game ever made? uhh 99% of the game is perfect so what there to talk about realy? i lvoe the cars, damage, storyline how real everything seems,

But lets go over the small points that i dont like, now some things i just dont get, if you go into your stats. for some reson im a .. goth or emo? just because i drive a cadilac? whys that then,

also if you get an ambulance, moonbeam minivan rumpo or pony, and park up, turn volume up.. damn that sounds like a diesel for some reson? i know Some, eco freindly people have them but.. they aint common.. especialy the ambulance. and old style van, apart from that no probs!,]

How far yall got then? guess i been screwing around too much, 20%
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Re: GTA IV

Post by random_monkey »

Ok so lets talk about it!? GTA IV is the best gta game ever made? uhh 99% of the game is perfect so what there to talk about realy? i lvoe the cars, damage, storyline how real everything seems
Nowhere near 99% perfect... I don't see why everyone has fallen in love with it. It's like they've taken one of the old GTA (3d) games and given it a map that's almost designed to hate cars, a more annoying camera angle, cars that handle like turd, and a better storyline (I'll give it that point). It's still boring and repetitive though. One of the things I enjoyed in the previous GTA games was just picking up a car and taking it for a thrash. It's just far too much hassle this time round that it's not worth it.

So for me it gets about a 6 out of 10

No wait, 6.5 out of ten, because I enjoyed flying out of the window when I crashed.
random_monkey
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Old gta handling was shitty and unrealistic, much better now. cars feel like cars. and i garuntee if you try to turn an suv at 100 mph in real life.. youll die.

So my personal prefrance id give 9 out of a 10, because i still want some things back from sa,

but alltogeather gta gives me a nice place to drive, cars that feel like they should and the most realistic gaming experiance from any gta game so far, atleast they have got rid of the horrible old damage system. i love ho wthe damage works now!
nWo4life
motorised death
Location: Let me explain something to you people. What happens on this board I take REAL serious. I don't care who you are, how big you are (or how small). I'm nWo4life!! And I've come here, to FIGHT!!

Post by nWo4life »

How are the gun sounds in GTA4? In SA they were quite horrible..!
"I never thought ye had it in ye." - Ken Shamrock

"I have registered myself for the 30th (Look: we're still counting!) time... Does this officially make me an attention-seeking internet whore? No?" - Mr. Hawk
TheJabMan
.:protagonist:.

Post by TheJabMan »

Am awaiting PC version, as always...

All ambulances here are Diesel, either Ford E350's or Chevy 3500's

I'll give you points for the vans though, most are gas here other than Sprinters, which are becoming more and more popular.

Granted we're not that far, this is Toronto, Canada.
neitron
hit n run

Post by neitron »

Now in GTA IV you can really fell the speed when your car accelerates, no? With my quite short autosim experience I'd say it feels like TEST DRIVE for that point.
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

Lol, Test Drive ain't sim.
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

I found the handling of the cars quite annoying to start with. But you get used to it.. have to agree with rm on the camera angles, but then I always played the other gta3d games with one hand/thumb on the camera controls, I never liked it. Nothing's changed there..

There are some annoying things, like why have street parking rather than a garage, a few times my car has got lost while I was out and about, possibly by being nudged out of the space? Also cars getting dirty is more of an annoyance than a nice "realistic" feature. Just a gimmick and doesn't add anything to the gameplay, I feel.

I like the aspect of choice at certain points in the storyline, and although I have yet to experience the real effects, I'm anticipating that. I wonder what the "special feature" of Dwayne or Playboy X would be, for instance, and which offers most advantage to certain gaming styles.

Anyway overall it seems to be an improvement, the satnav system is quite nice and prevents those annoying dead end situations (remember GTA1 liberty city? Get stuck on the wrong side of the bridge and you've got a long way to backtrack..)

Haven't bothered with the subway system much, but seems like it might be quite well done.

I have a feeling though that SA might have more of a fun factor, whereas IV has gone for realism..
Festae
hit n run

Post by Festae »

I've beaten the story.. just waiting to get internet set up at my house so I can play xbox live.

currently working on the police missions, car races, and the auto theft missions.

and of course the random characters.

my personal favorite anymore is to jack either the fire truck, hummer, or semi and just plow into everything. Especially t-boning everything I can find..

neitron
hit n run

Post by neitron »

:grin: Damn, indeed. :rofl:
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

There are some annoying things, like why have street parking rather than a garage, a few times my car has got lost while I was out and about, possibly by being nudged out of the space?
Very annoying indeed :supermad:
Gamester
mechanic

Post by Gamester »

Wow, nobody has mentioned the best part of the game yet.

Pedestrian plowing! :grin:

Seriously though, this is the best thing since Carmageddon. The way people flip around so realistically when you hit them and how the blood splatters all over the car, whats not to love? Not to mention the car damaged is out right amazing!

Now just if we had limbs and blood chunks flying around it would be perfect. :wink:

Of course, nothing beats Carmageddon 2, but I guess I'll play GTA4 for a while, at least until they come out with another Carmageddon. Which I hope they do some day soon. :smile:

Later,

Gamester
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

I'll play GTA4 for a while, at least until they come out with another Carmageddon. Which I hope they do some day soon.

i doubt they will as it will be nothing new.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Aren't you a little ray of sunshine. How come there can be a GTA4 but not a Carma4.

Make a game from the new Death Race movie and the whole fucking cycle would go full circle :cool:
Gamester
mechanic

Post by Gamester »

Yea, I can only imagine a full fledged Carmageddon with todays graphical power.

It would be goriest greatest game of all time, if properly done of course. :cool:
Angyl
mechanic

Post by Angyl »

I'm yet to play GTA IV but I doubt I shall in all honesty. The reports I've seen and heard from those that have played it are in the majority of a game I wouldn't enjoy.

The thing I love about Carmageddon is that you don't leave the car. The thing I hate about GTA - except for annoying flying missions - is that you do leave the car. The controls don't transfer brilliantly from car to on foot and having to do a billion things in a game just gets annoying.

I like some aspects of GTA but I suspect that San Andreas is the newest I'll go and I've not completed that because I can't get past the bloody plane mission! :mad:

Still, there's plenty of people out there that want to have a smashable car, squishable peds, a storyline, a gun to short, a whore to bang and stuff to buy. I just want the first two and possibly the third, if it's good.
Beep! Beep! SPLAT
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

The new Death Race movie has guns in it (acording to the trailers), a Carmageddon game featuring guns would be awful.

(i know death race 2000 had two guns but they were a tommigun and a pistol, neither were fired during the race.)
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Gamester
mechanic

Post by Gamester »

True, GTA4 does have a lot of other crap in it other than driving and running over peds, but the great thing about GTA4 is that you don't have to do any of that other stuff if you don't want too.

Sure, if you actually want to advance in the game you have to do missions, but you do not have to do them to enjoy the game. I have owned GTA4 for PS3 since the day it came out and I still have not completed it, on purpose. I just played enough missions to unlock all of the islands and I spend most all of my time now just driving around and causing mayhem.

For example, my absolute favorite thing to do is to get a bus and just drive like crazy plowing over cars and peds and chucking grenades out the window. I can do this for hours, never gets old :grin:

Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

I always hated that about GTA, the fact you have to do missions before you can play the entire game, i dont hate the fact that there are missions, there are just too many and it just gets boring having to do (and fail) things over and over again before you can access everything you want to.

Check who’s online