Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

APEX

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Kitteh
Troll

APEX

Post by Kitteh »

Nah, I'm designing a car

Beast
The Man

Re: APEX

Post by Beast »

That's pretty cool. I see a bit of the 996-generation 911, some Bentley Continental GT and some BMW Z4 Coupe. Not bad. Very GTA-esque.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post deleted by coffeycup

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

Lol the same thoughts crossed my mind too. Also the render helps it alot to get that GTA look :smile:

It also alot reminds me of a Panoz Esperante.
HellFury
Banned

Post by HellFury »

Why not use a clay effect for the render?
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

Why not use a clay effect for the render?
What's a clay effect? :supercrazy:

What is it intended for, renders for your portfolio, ingame, or just training? Also, is it MAX?
I'm going to give this a totally sweet interior and then put it in Racer. I also wanted to practice my car designing skillz. Around 6500 triangles right now including the placeholder wheels. It's in max, but my rendering skills are terridible.
HellFury
Banned

Post by HellFury »

It's easy, just make the model look like clay. It's a simple few steps, though theres more than one way of doing it. Heres a quick tutorial

http://www.01alek.com/tutorials/3d-stud ... odels.html

btw, wheres the engine going to be mounted in that concept?

And from the side/back view, the side mirrors look really small.
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

It's easy, just make the model look like clay. It's a simple few steps, though theres more than one way of doing it. Heres a quick tutorial

What's clay? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

btw, wheres the engine going to be mounted in that concept?

And from the side/back view, the side mirrors look really small.
I'm going to put the engine in the middle despite the LONG HOOD, ApeX :oops:
HellFury
Banned

Post by HellFury »

you've never seen clay before? wtf....

It's a VERY simple few steps even a child could follow, so read the tutorial I posted, and you too could have a clay render like the one above!

I'm going to put the engine in the middle despite the LONG HOOD, ApeX

The hood actually does look like you could fit an engine under it, and the names HellFury.
Econobrick
Stucco

Post by Econobrick »

A dumb shit by any other name...

You're not fooling anyone.
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

It's a VERY simple few steps even a child could follow, so read the tutorial I posted, and you too could have a clay render like the one above!
I am a child, ApeX, and I can't follow those steps :sad:

and the names ApeX
Yeah, that's what I figured, ApeX.

Oh, ApeX, I changed some stuff on the car:

I'm trying out a new front end design, the old one was too Porsche-like.

Added exhausts to the rear

HellFury
Banned

Post by HellFury »

Another poor render

Also, you may want to either double side the tire material, or add a cylinder inside the wheels, so their not so transparent.

lol Econobrick, always has to have his two cents
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

Another poor render
It's a viewport grab, ApeX. :smile:

Also, you may want to either double side the tire material, or add a cylinder inside the wheels, so their not so transparent.
I was not aware that my wheels had a 'not so transparent.' However, your sentence, ApeX, is not complete - what did their 'not so transparent' do?

lol Econobrick, always has to have his two cents
That's because he has a job, so he can afford to give his two cents.

Hey, do you guys like these rims? I think they are somewhat dub, baller, and/or pimping.

TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

Maybe a poor render but looooots better modeling..

What about luxury rims under it?
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

Nah, luxury rims are too blinging, this is a sportscar :wink:
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

Tweaked the front end and modeled some Japanese tuner style wheels:

And started on the interior.

EDIT: redid the gauge cluster. Those are shadows, not smoothing errors.

TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

:eek:

Got a wireframe pic? :smile:
HellFury
Banned

Re:DESIGN FLAWS

Post by HellFury »

Interior seems a bit blan. Also, the navscreen (or what ever you want to call that gray box in the center of the dash) seems a bit straight forward, maybe give it a bit of an angle towards the drivers seat.

And since your dash pretty much looks like this one already heres a pic you could use for reference

http://gallery.carreview.com/data/car/5 ... System.jpg

Edit, just noticed that the link i posed for the clay render tutorial was the wrong one.

http://www.3dnuts.com/tutorials/render_wip.shtml
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

Actually cars with a default screen in the middle console can move to each corner about 25 degrees so that any person in the car can read the screen.
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

Interior seems a bit blan. Also, the navscreen (or what ever you want to call that gray box in the center of the dash) seems a bit straight forward, maybe give it a bit of an angle towards the drivers seat.

And since your dash pretty much looks like this one already heres a pic you could use for reference

http://gallery.carreview.com/data/car/5 ... System.jpg

Possibly because it's not finished. Also, very few cars have the navscreen angled towards the driver, and I'm pretty I don't need a reference picture to see how to rotate one polygon (and the navscreen in that reference pic is actually not rotated towards the driver). If you want to post constructive criticism, make sure it isn't stupid and useless. You aren't redeeming yourself for the shit you did for the past five years. Please refrain from posting in my thread (unless you want to make me laugh). You're not wanted here. Nobody wants to hear your opinion. Nobody likes you, and you don't like anyone here, so I really don't understand why you're spending your time here (maybe you have nothing else to do?). If you think you're going to somehow redeem yourself and make us all forgive you... yeah... not going to happen. A stupid asshole is always a stupid asshole.

Edit, just noticed that the link i posed for the clay render tutorial was the wrong one.

http://www.3dnuts.com/tutorials/render_wip.shtml
I was being sarcastic about not knowing how to render clay - I forgot you were incredibly stupid. My bad.

By the way, Aston Martin, Jaguar, most Audis, most BMW's, and pretty much all Japanese cars have centered, un-angled, fixed navscreens. I guess they're doing it wrong, they should go ask you how to make their interiors.
HellFury
Banned

Post by HellFury »

Eh, I'll reply to your bull shit in a little bit
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

I can't wait :tongue:
HellFury
Banned

Post by HellFury »

Possibly because it's not finished. Also, very few cars have the navscreen angled towards the driver, and I'm pretty I don't need a reference picture to see how to rotate one polygon (and the navscreen in that reference pic is actually not rotated towards the driver).

First of all, your dash and center console's basic design is very plane and resembles a 1980's Mustang dash more than a "Sports car" as you so call that 5 car rip off you're mushing together into one poorly thought out shell.

Second, I wasn't referring to the SCREEN, try the side walls that encloses the nav system.

I was being sarcastic about not knowing how to render clay - I forgot you were incredibly stupid. My bad.

Sure, tell every one you know how to make clay renders. And besides I didn't realize that by correcting a bad link I had posted prior to you being a bitch (oops your always a bitch) automatically makes me "incredibly stupid"

I guess they're doing it wrong, they should go ask you how to make their interiors.

You're damn straight they should, bitches. Maybe you should send your work to me too so I can put in a smooth interior, since you're having such a hard time with it. :wink:

(and for every one who feels like jumping in on this "fight, argument, flame war, bitch fest" what ever you want to call it, please mind your own business)
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

I don't need to respond to that - I don't think I can make you look any dumber than you just did :smile:

Arguing with you reminds me very much of arguing in 3rd grade.
HellFury
Banned

Post by HellFury »

So, in other words you have no come back?

Arguing with you reminds me very much of arguing in 3rd grade.

Yeah, I don't think it would be very vague for you would it?

Edit " and I'm pretty I don't need a reference picture " :lol:
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

You have struck me with your wit, ApeX. I respectfully withdraw from this argument.
HellFury
Banned

Post by HellFury »

The front is very flat and unaerodynamic the grille looks like it came from a truck from GTA. The headlights are very small (flat as well) the mid section has a weird sharp line compared to the curvy sides (aboive the wheel wells) the intake mid side, very boxy (seems to be the thing you were doing in the middle of the car, no?) The huge hump on the back is very unaerodynamic and the back just seems to fall off into a flat boxy taillights and bumpers. And is that an intake in front of the rear wheel well, or a hole for exhaust to come out?

The only thing that seems to be aerodynamic is the mirrors, and they don't even look too smooth.
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

Stange, when did you major in aerodynamics?
HellFury
Banned

Re: Kitteh Blows

Post by HellFury »

I love how it says "In reply to:" so what are you replying to?

It's actually kinda obvious that the rear hump is going to "throw" the air higher than the rest of the vehicle and create a vacuum thus creating drag (and I'm not referring to your favorite pastime) slowing the vehicle down.
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

It's obvious ApeX is just trying to get revenge for my VALID CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM I gave for his concept. I guess he can't tell the difference.

Wow, we can keep using your words, we don't even have to talk ourselves any more! Thanks ApeX!

It's actually kinda obvious that the rear hump is going to "throw" the air higher than the rest of the vehicle and create a vacuum thus creating drag (and I'm not referring to your favorite pastime) slowing the vehicle down.

The front is very flat and unaerodynamic the grille looks like it came from a truck from GTA. The headlights are very small (flat as well) the mid section has a weird sharp line compared to the curvy sides (aboive the wheel wells) the intake mid side, very boxy (seems to be the thing you were doing in the middle of the car, no?) The huge hump on the back is very unaerodynamic and the back just seems to fall off into a flat boxy taillights and bumpers. And is that an intake in front of the rear wheel well, or a hole for exhaust to come out?

The only thing that seems to be aerodynamic is the mirrors, and they don't even look too smooth.

And who says? Obviously you have /no/ idea what you're talking about.
Hey, I did it again! Two for one!

EDIT: ApeX must really like me, he mimicks everything I do.

By the way, there's no hump there :smile: You're just an idiot :lol:

I'm sure you'll notice those wireframe lines, so just so you know, those are render errors (because you're a much better renderer than I am, oh holy one)

Here's an Aston Martin DB9. Note how my car's front is much more streamlined.

Why don't you go over to Aston Martin and tell them how to design their cars? I'm sure they'd love to hear your opinion.
HellFury
Banned

Post by HellFury »

Oh, so you finally admit it, you're not actually designing a car, your ripping off an Aston Martin Vanquish.

http://www.exoticarhire.co.uk/images/aston-vans-3.jpg

By they way, there is a rather tall "hump/bump" (what ever you want to call that incline and slope above the rear wheel) which would effect the aerodynamics of the rear of the car.

Here's an Aston Martin DB9. Note how my car's front is much more streamlined.

Yeah? It looks more like an incline then a streamline. :lol:

Also the reason behind the db9 having a flatter front end then your vehicle is because its been actually streamlined and tested in a wind tunnel, to provide minimum wind resistance and not rob wind from the engine, to keep it cool as you should know.

It's obvious ApeX is just trying to get revenge for my VALID CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM I gave for his concept. I guess he can't tell the difference.

the design doesn't flow at all. What's that vent behind the side windows for? Unless it's rear engined, that serves no purpose. those ridges in the front bumper corner don't do anything, don't flow with the rest of the car, and don't look all that good. That vent on the roof also looks silly, too big, too boxy, and would probably be unaerodynamic and not do anything. It looks like the front is from the 80's and everything behind the hood is from the mid 90's.

Thanks for the not so constructive criticism

:thumbsdown:
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

Oh, so you finally admit it, you're not actually designing a car, your ripping off an Aston Martin Vanquish.
Oh no, you caught me. Too bad my car looks nothing like a Vanquish :smile:

By they way, there is a rather tall "hump/bump" (what ever you want to call that incline and slope above the rear wheel) which would effect the aerodynamics of the rear of the car.

It's called a fender. That Vanquish has one too. Also, a hump doesn't create a vacuum. Learn some aerodynamics before pretending to know what you're talking about :lol:

Yeah? It looks more like an incline then a streamline.

Also the reason behind the db9 having a flatter front end then your vehicle is because its been actually streamlined and tested in a wind tunnel, to provide minimum wind resistance and not rob wind from the engine, to keep it cool as you should know.
You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you? I can't tell what it is you're trying to communicate in that paragraph. Try again. I guess by using a lot of words like wind resistance and streamline, you're trying to pretend you're knowledgeable about aerodynamics. Too bad none of what you said actually made any sense, nor is any of it true, nor does any of it prove me wrong. A flatter front is not more aerodynamic, nor does it increase airflow to the engine. If you actually knew how a liquid-cooled engine worked, you'd know that all it needs is a small vent to let the radiator exhaust its heat, and needs very little airflow. It's not air cooled :lol:. In fact, more streamlining and forcing the air into a vent would create better airflow, so I'll just use another ApeX-Quote:

"Stange, when did you major in aerodynamics?"

I'm very sorry that I don't have a wind tunnel, by the way.

Thanks for the not so constructive criticism
I told you what was wrong with it, and how to fix it. That's constructive criticism.

"Not so constructive criticism" would be saying it sucks without providing evidence. Criticism doesn't have to be sugar coated to be constructive :lol:

Nice post subject: "Kitteh Blows"

And you call me childish. :lol:

Check who’s online