Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Subaru Impreza

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Subaru Impreza

Post by Mad_Maxine »

another new post, I have been looking up cars quite a lot, and being a car making site you seem the best people to talkto about such things,

When i was younger, all young guys dream was to own a type of.. fast asian car, and ofcorse the 3 main were the mistubishi evo, Nissan skyline, and probly the easyest to get hold of the Subaru Impreza,

The Impreza ill admit did look nice, even tho it had many facelifts,

My personal favorate being this earlyer model late 90s one,

The round headlights wasent one of the best but. it still looked good, and still looked liek the same car,

Guess this is the one i like 2nd most, As i dont like many new cars, but this is great realy, tho not exactly.. new now.

And to be honist i kinda liked this model too, agresive and very modern looking. nice.

They also made hatchabacks, and well i dotn like hatchbacks, and to be honist these looked more liek stationwagons, i dunno, they were sopsoed to be wagons or hatches? nobody ever made that clear

So to the point, thers a good car, thats fast, handles well, looks good, and is liked by.. allmost everyone, What could possibly go wrong?

Ah...

Oh well, stick to your older cars people, there tougher... Thats right, i have nothing today about the new impreza!

Old vs new,

Ok im off to relece parts of that small english mod i was makin, good day all! or night morning? i dunno its a blur.
TheJabMan
.:protagonist:.

Re: Subaru Impreza

Post by TheJabMan »

Silly H2, School Bus trumps all.
doomandemol
69et01

Post by doomandemol »

the real american steel
Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

Since you started comparing the STI models, it's only fair that you compare the 2008 STI model to the previous ones.

Now, I'll be the first to agree - moving away from the 3-box shape is quite an endeavor by Subaru, but I happen to think that the new STI looks very good, in a whoa-that's-different kind of way.

The technology that's crammed into that car is impressive. I had the chance to drive a non-STI new Impreza, and I did like it, quite a bit actually - the AWD system transfers the power to the road very very efficiently, and I can only imagine what the STI version is like with 300 horse under the hood and that amazing AWD..

Yes, the new Impreza looks different, but don't knock it. It's still one heck of a car, and I wouldn't mind having one in my garage.
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

This will also give them an opportunity to compete with other sport "hot hatches", like the BMW 1-Series, MG ZR, the Honda Civic, etc

I guess they may be using it as a 'tester' in the market. They're probably using the Impreza name to get their foot in the door and will probably end up splitting off and releasing 2 versions (under different names, perhaps), one a hatchback and one the old style.

(Oh, and they're 'station wagons', not hatchbacks... hatchbacks are much smaller :P)
random_monkey
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

I dont know a bad subaru actuly.. But, you have to agree with me, the looks are half of a car when it comes to sell, make an ugly car that drives amazing, and half the people still wont buy it,

so my whole point is, Its turned into a hot hatch Yes, they could have releced it as a Diffrent car, because now theyve just killed off there good selling sports saloon car, dont ya agree?
Alex_Dynamite
road raged psycho

Post by Alex_Dynamite »

Here's a neat little Subaru, the Brat. A little, awd, car-based pickup.

To save money, it was imported with those seats in the back!

TheJabMan

Post by TheJabMan »

Reminds me of the "lol" Dodge Rampage.

From what I can tell it's a Pickup made out of the old model Omni's with the long noses.

Not sure which I'd take the Brat or the Rampage/Scamp...

The Brat, for not being an 80's Dodge, or the Dodge, for shock and laugh value.
Econobrick
Stucco

Post by Econobrick »

Then there's the VW Caddy!

VW Rabbit (or Golf, if you must. Rabbit is the better name and you know this.) + Pickup = Dead Sheckshee!

I actually do like them though. As well as the Brat, Rampage, early 80's El Camino / whatever you've got?!
TheJabMan

Post by TheJabMan »

Only ever seen 1 of those in real life... think it was black with a red stripe?

Just never a FWD Fan, so the ElCamino, Ranchero, and Brat get my vote... granted I think all the Ranchero's were massive so they don't fit in like the small malibu type ElCaminos and such.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

we gone off imprezas then?

Silence, Camino rules all,

Its the pickup from hell,

Alex_Dynamite
road raged psycho

Post by Alex_Dynamite »

Heh, oops!

I started off talking about Subarus, but I guess I encouraged others to talk about small trucks/car-based trucks.

Which encourages me to continue talking about them.

I was interested in the BRAT due to the looks and it being 4wd. The Rampage/Scamp and Caddy are neat in their own and I don't mind them, but front wheel drive isn't exactly "truck like".

Here's a few little trucks I've known about:

Datsun has a few neat trucks, such as the car-based Sunny pickup, but I'd probably say I prefer the 620.

A neat thing to note is there was a Plymouth Arrow pickup truck, although it was essentially a Dodge 50 and only had a little to do with the Arrow car.

Here's a very neat little truck I found. Its a 81 Saehan Max, which is based on the Opel Kadett, using the same platform as the Chevrolet Chevette!

(Thumbnail, click to view.)

There's also the similar Chevrolet Chevy 500, though it was based on the Chevette and has a few other differences.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

small trucks meh..

I like my 3 ton dodge thankyouverymuch,

theres ya truck, Its allmsot crash proof, dent proof, landmine proof.. Safty yay
Econobrick
Stucco

Post by Econobrick »

How dare you mention the Datsun 620 / 720

and Arrow Pickup (Which IS just a Ram 50..before they changed the name. It's a rebadged Mitsubishi Mighty Max. Hence the relation to the Arrow) without mentioning their contemporaries / period rivals;

The Chevrolet Luv (rebadged Isuzu):

And my personal favourite, The GODLY Ford Courier (rebadged Mazda B-Series):

Now, get out of my sight before I punch your head off!!?

Check who’s online