Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

A choice me hardy's

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
TheJabMan
.:protagonist:.

A choice me hardy's

Post by TheJabMan »

Ok, so Im looking at cars. Ive narrowed it down to either.

for $800

1978 Ford LTD II (which is kind of rare as it's a 2 door build off the Torino) with a rebuilt 302 with lots of new parts. Minimal rust.

OR

for $600

1986 Buick Regal, jacked up in the back, nice mags on it, and the strange part. The guy had a 318 put in it... Yeah a dodge engine, so thats kind of funky.Yet to see it.

I'm actually leaning toward the Ford myself. It's more but with many new parts things are less likely to go wrong, and the reviews for the car's quality are full of "nothing but regular serviceing, still going after 10 years" kind of thing. But damn.. that Buick is just so strange looking, and it's lighter and the engine is beefier, so it'll haul, whereas the Ford will cruise... and it probably wont like big hills. the car weighs in at seriously damn near 2 tons, and it's only got a 302.<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.cwaboard.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1170773074TheJabMan">

Which?

<input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />'78 Ford LTD II, rebuilt 302.

<input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />'86 Buick Regal, with Dodge 318 engine, jacked rear.

<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

TheJabMan

Re: A choice me hardy's

Post by TheJabMan »

This is the Ford, I messaged him a bit ago.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAd-W0QQAdIdZ9057314

Has front right seized caliper, probably needs new brake lines in the rear, the choke is sticking.

Those are easily all things I can do myself, not to mention two of my friends work in the same shop, and I can keep it at Mikes farm till it's all licensed.

Now it also needs a new exhause system to get certified... well A: I like it loud, so fuck that and B: I can get $100 Cert for damn near anything so meh.
Blingy
turbo bastard

Post by Blingy »

Would have to see what the Regal looks like until I can actually make a vote. But damn! That LTD Is slick looking. If you do actually get the LTD, take off the hubcaps, and make them steeles!Black On Black
Kim Jong Thrill & The Thrilluminati's with guest speaker Dingus Magillacutty!
Alex_Dynamite
road raged psycho

Post by Alex_Dynamite »

I like the LTD and wouldn't mind if you bought it, but I probly would mind if you trashed it. Sounds too good.

The Regal also sounds good, but prob would be better for the Land Pirates, due to the resons you stated.
@ob
road raged psycho

Post by @ob »

Id like to get my hands on ither one for road use... The LTD looks damn nice.
TheJabMan

Post by TheJabMan »

This would be for a daily driver... god I hate public transit... the only upside to the Regal is, since Im more familiar with that type of GM body/frame things would be easier to add, like rambar and it's lighter so it could take little jumps... the LTD would get a rambar... but Jumps, it's frikkin 2 tons, so no jumps :tongue:.

I'd take off that lil Ford emblem off the back window, leave the tint but get it in black at some point.
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

Yeah the ford logo doesnt fit there...

I cant vote yet, have to see the other one :grin:
Qwerty_86
kill boss

Post by Qwerty_86 »

Go with the Ford. You want a cruiser and the Buick is more of a novelty.
Econobrick
Stucco

Post by Econobrick »

I'd agree! I often prefer GM items, but I was never fussy about those 80's Monte Carlo's and their counter-parts. But the other types on that platform (sedans, wagons and the other type of 2doors) are nice-ish I find.

Anyway, yeah. I'd say if it has to be one of those 2, LTD it up?! Other than the sticker on the back window, it's quite agreeable!

Not that I'd be listening to the suggestions of people here when buy a vehicle?! (well, it's true) heh!
Hairba11
turbo bastard

Post by Hairba11 »

I would like to see the regal before voting...

I had an 81 cutlass I bought for $100 drove it for 3 years before it blew up. had a 355 in it. the rest of the car was tough, jumps and donuts and off roading it just kept taking it. it looked like schite tho so who cared. That ford looks good especially for almost 30 years old. a caliper is nothing, hell you could upgrade to the fullsize ltd hubs and put the cop brake pakage on the front. that would help haul it down.

I have a 77 ltd wagon, 400cid 5300 or 5700 lbs and it kicks ass, I wouldn't abuse it the way I did the cutty, but it is in way better shape. I've had it for 5 years now and it is a gem. I've had to do power steering and that's it. and I've put 25k miles on it. I know 5k a year is not much but it is a third car :smile:

KNowing that you are looking for a daily driver, I'd say get the ford even the little 302 will have decent punch for the size of car and will have a little better reliability than the hoopty doopty dodge.

or, get 'em both. it is the shotgun method. if one doesn't work, you got another to drive while you fix the first one. I still use that method. right now the van is dead, but I still have the wagon, the truck, and the econohoopty just in case.
If it runs, drives, stops, has a title, AND is under $300, I'll take it!
TheJabMan

Post by TheJabMan »

Heh, I always thought of buying two matching 80's Crown vics and just swapping plates everytime one fucked up. Or using one as a "drive like an asshole" car.

And from what I know, the body is damn mint on the Regal, it's got custom 5 spoke rims off an old vette and such, has a stance as the back shocks are off a pickup. It's my buddy at work's neighbor's car.
Powdered Toast MAAAN!!
12 Cyl Symphony

Post by Powdered Toast MAAAN!! »

You're pushing me further toward the dodge all the time man. Get us some pictures up in here!
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

The LTD is farily nice I guess.. but the other sounds like it has too much "hick appeal", so unless you need something right away, I vote for option #3- keep looking?!

Check who’s online