Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

F1 Season 2006... (Final weeks...)

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
nWo4life
motorised death
Location: Let me explain something to you people. What happens on this board I take REAL serious. I don't care who you are, how big you are (or how small). I'm nWo4life!! And I've come here, to FIGHT!!

F1 Season 2006... (Final weeks...)

Post by nWo4life »

Okay, the last time there was a F1 thread on the CWA it was somewhere around March of this year. I think it's time to evaluate the season, and look forward to the last couple of races and the exciting season finish: Who will be crowned 2006 F1 Champion?

At the start of the season I thought it was going to be a walk in the park for Renault, especially with 4 or 5 wins in a row of Alonso, and obviously the Monaco incident with Schumacher parking his Ferrari in the narrow streets of Monte Carlo. But Schumacher (again he) got back after the US grand prix (also again the US GP, I love that race :smile: ) and closed the distance in the championship in the second part of the season.

Obviously the crazy race in Hungary, with luck for and bad luck for both Schumacher and Alonso (2 seconds qualifying penalty, DNF's) and the Turkish GP (where I thought Alonso would dominate, considering the lack of performance by Ferrari in 2005) gave Alonso a bigger advantage in the championship, with Schumacher losing two opportunities to close the distance in the championship standing.

The qualifying for the Italian GP looks very promising for Ferrari, with Schumacher starting at P2 and Alonso at P10. Tomorrow we'll find out what Ferrari can do with that advantage, if they can put Schmacher completely back into the championship. We'll also find out what Schumacher will do next year: Continue at Ferrari or drop his career.

My predictions: I think it will be a very close finish of the season. Ferrari will dominate Italy. I certainly give Ferrari the DISadvantage in China, Schmumacher has only had terrible races there. I think in Japan it will be Ferrari slightly better than Renault, thus removing 2 or 4 points advantage of Alonso. Schumacher will also be the better in Brazil. But still I have doubts if he can equalize the 12 points advantage Alonso has.

- Italy:

Schumacher: 1st (10 pts)

Alonso: 5th (4 pts)

- China:

Schumacher: 3rd (6 pts)

Alonso: 1st (10 pts)

- Japan:

Alonso: 3rd (6 pts)

- Brazil:

Alonso: 3rd (6 pts)

Alonso wins with 2 points ahead of Schumacher.

I'm also surprised with the way the season has developed in the sub-top and mid-field. Fisichella didn't stand a chance against anybody, Raikkonen very dissapointing, Montoya and Villeneuve out, Massa and Button win their first races, Williams drops a way back into the field, Toyota solidating again, BMW moving up (obviously), Red Bull not really flying, Honda being overrated all the time, you name it.

Most improved driver: Massa

Most improved team: Ferrari (BMW and Toyota are coming)

Most dissapointing driver: Fisichella & Rosberg (That's a shame, he started awesome in Bahrein and Malaysia!), maybe also Klien (never been a fan of him) and Montoya.

Most dissapointing team: Williams

Rookie of the year: Liuzzi (by the lack of any other high-impact-rookies)

Race of the year (thus far): Hungary (!)
"I never thought ye had it in ye." - Ken Shamrock

"I have registered myself for the 30th (Look: we're still counting!) time... Does this officially make me an attention-seeking internet whore? No?" - Mr. Hawk
Wolfheart
turbo bastard

Re: F1 Season 2006... (Final weeks...)

Post by Wolfheart »

This years season is nothing but a robbery.

There's no name for what happened on the qualifyers this weekend.

If Schumacher wants the title so bad on his last year he could at least try to get it cleanly, without help from "other parties".

:supermad:
nWo4life
motorised death
Location: Let me explain something to you people. What happens on this board I take REAL serious. I don't care who you are, how big you are (or how small). I'm nWo4life!! And I've come here, to FIGHT!!

Post by nWo4life »

Schumacher got raped much harder in Monaco. Schumacher passed the first 2 qualifying sessions without parking his car, and the FIA decides to put him at the back of the grid.

I agree on the Italy qualifying though. I didn't think Alonso was keeping Massa behind and slowing him down on purpose. Although I think he should be spanked for the things he has done to Doornbos. But y'know, it did not matter at all. Alonso did not finish. He said the F1 was not a sport anymore, and then the devils of the technical sport came to take revenche.

"I have registered myself for the 30th (Look: we're still counting!) time... Does this officially make me an attention-seeking internet whore? No?" - Mr. Hawk
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

Talking about Doornbos, i have seen him from very close as also that Albers guy

Anyway his father owns a company in industrial highworkersmachinery here and his uncle a transportation company :grin:

But thats just because Doornbos is from Rotterdam :grin: :grin: :thumbsup:
nWo4life
motorised death

Post by nWo4life »

Doornbos rules, Albers sucks. :P

I think Doornbos has a similar past to Alonso. They both won their only F3000 race in Spa (dominatly), they raced for Minardi the year after, and then signed a contract for a testing role with an upcoming top-team. The main difference between them is that Alonso did karting when he was three years old, Doornbos started his career at 19 years old. But now that Doornbos gets the chance to prove himself the upcoming three races (he replaces Klien), I hope he kicks the shit out of his teammates and the rest of his competition. For me seeing Doornbos competing again is as important to me as the top of the championship. I defenitely hope he scoops up at least a point, something Klien barely did this year.

Wolfheart
turbo bastard

Post by Wolfheart »

Sez NWO:

"Schumacher got raped much harder in Monaco."

Hell yeah, but what he did he did on purpose, so he deserved any penalty coming at him. But I repeat that there is no possible way that Alonso could've blocked Massa on the qualifyers, considering there were always 100 meters between the two.

Something smells rotten within the FIA.... but let's see who laughs the last.
nWo4life
motorised death

Post by nWo4life »

You're right about that, but still, he did almost eliminate Doornbos on purpose in the free practice in Turkey, without receiving any penalty whatsoever.

I think it's a fact that we are dealing with the two biggest villains in motorsports (with the exception of "Mister Champ Car street fight" Paul Tracy) today. :wink:

I partly disagree and agree on the FIA part. Yes, they fucked Alonso last weekend, in a very crucial part in the championship. But they fucked Schumacher also, and they saved Alonso last GP. I think that the current Stewards 'setup' stinks, with the same people watching every race on who should receive penalties.

Wolfheart
turbo bastard

Post by Wolfheart »

Villains? Hell, give al least some time to Alonso to develop his career before labeling him as a villain... One thing is that he's had an incident with doornbos... but that doesn't turn him into a villain or a cheater.

IMO Schumacher is indeed a villain, since he is known for being the dirtiest player in the game. he's had more controversies and sanctions ¡than any other, and is capable of doing anything dirty to win, see his parking in Monaco, putting others at risk, or most remarkably his insane hunt for villeneuve years ago.

I hate the fia, they had no fucking reason to forbid in mid season the mass compensator renault was using, and now they pop up a sanction out of nowhere... can't wait to see what they'll come up with so as they can give Shcumacher this championship.

Hell, even Ecclestone thinks that ferrari is being favoured by the FIA.

nWo4life
motorised death

Post by nWo4life »

Alonso IS a villain, not only because of the repeated accidents with Doornbos, but also because of waving to competitors when lapping them stuff (Even if there are 2 or 3 seconds between them he waves immediately), his HIDIOUS brake test he gave to Coulthard on the Nürburgring some years ago (that was Schumacher style) and several F3000 crashes I have seen, and perhaps a lot more stuff I can't mention right now.

As a side note, what is wrong with villains? :wink:

The FIA had also no reason to ban the X-Wings in 98, immediately after Ferrari adopted them. They also had no reason to ban those towers BMW had. They had no reason to ban active suspension. The FIA are dicks in banning stuff, I know that. I agree that the FIA is somewhat more flexible towards Ferrari and Schumacher, but I believe that it's not like "Hey, Schumacher is 2 points behind. Hmm, let's see. Hey, lets ban Renault their rear wing".

nWo4life
motorised death

Post by nWo4life »

'Poor Old' Michael defeats Renault. :tongue:

Wolfheart
turbo bastard

Post by Wolfheart »

MWWWAAAHAHAHAAA!!!!!

At last!!! 2nd championship in a row!!! as Alonso said... winning a championship with Schumacher still competing has a double value... but time always places everyone on his place, and all of ferrari's dirty moves of this season weren't enough to stop him.

Kudos for him, for having won the championship virtually on his own (screw Fisichella and Renault), for being the youngest 2 time champion, and best wishes for him on his new run with McLaren (A shame it'll have to be at the side of Ron Dennis but... anything is better than Briatore), hopefully McLaren will keep De La Rosa as 2nd driver....

Props go to Schumacher for the unbeliavable race he made... but it's time for the kaiser to bow down to the new emperor!!!! :beer:

Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

I was watching the race last night, and as it finished, I thought to myself - "Wolfheart is gonna go ballistic over this.. ".

You're such a fanboi. :smile:

Anyway.. I think that Raikkonen is better than Alonso, but unfortunately was in a much weaker team and had a far less reliable vehicle.

We'll see next year. :smile:
nWo4life
motorised death

Post by nWo4life »

Congrats man. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure what you mean by dirty moves (the only thing questionable is Schumachers move in Monaco... But he got his ass kicked for that by the FIA, costing him valuable points) but Ferrari had to bow down in the last two races. At least poor old Michael showed that he was still the best driver around, even when he is poor and old. Now Fernando is champ with luck, bad luck and the FIA saving him despite using dirty moves (3rd incident between Alonso and Doornbos... Doornbos drives next to him, on the right side) throughout the season, I think this championship has a lot more value than his previous one. Simply because he was racing for the championship against an opponent in a car that could not get 30 laps done without an engine blowup. (Now he'll get that car. Let's see what kind of a team spirit he really has, and if he can turn the situation around and make McLaren the dominant team again).

Also, I don't understand why he had to cry in Italy. His opponents have had a lot more penalties throughout their careers (I remember a race in France where the top six had to do a drive through penalty, for touching the white line at the pit lane exit). Also I didn't understand why he was pissed off at Renault in Japan. Renault offered the careers of Fisichella and Trulli for him to become champion.

"A shame it'll have to be at the side of Ron Dennis but... anything is better than Briatore"

I agree with that, though. :smile:

I normally looked forward to the next season, but... I guess it'll be different this year. :smile: The only teams I see making improvements are Toyota, BMW and Red Bull (they could not get much lower than they are now). I don't see Alonso scoring his third title yet (McLaren is too much down, and they lost Adrian Newey), Ferrari won't be as fast as this year (Ross Brawn and Schmuacher leave, I think that was the driving force within the team, although I see Raikkonen as a better pure driver), Renault sacrificed too much this season to really built an advantage in 2007, Honda is one of the teams that will have to make the step from Michelin to Bridgestone... So I think Toyota will score victories (if only Ralf could move his lazy ass forward), and BMW will score podiums, with their first 100% pure BMW car, built in Saubers phat wind tunnel, and Heidfeld (!) behind the steering wheel.

Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

I hate Alonso with a passion - he's nothing more than a smug, arrogant Spanish twat.
Wolfheart
turbo bastard

Post by Wolfheart »

Sez Beast:

"I thought to myself - "Wolfheart is gonna go ballistic over this.. ""

You bet!!! hehee...

"You're such a fanboi."

No, no, no... lemme clear something up... I am not a huge fan of Alonso because he is who he is or because he behaves in a certain way... I am a fan of his because he is Spanish, apart from an excellent driver, and it would've been the same joy for me had De La Rosa won the championship :oops:...so, in the unlikely case we see them together next year in McLaren you know who's gonna be the 1st McLaren mark here ....

@NWO:

By dirty moves I meant all I mentioned on my previous posts, and you'll have to admit that the incident in Monaco is something not seen before... as for the teams that will surface next season I would say toyota and Honda... I don't think BMW will get to make an impact with their new car... then again, time will tell.

Greatest letdown of the season: Rosberg, started like dynamite but ended up doing nothing.

I agree with the fact that Schumacher is the best driver ever... a shame he'll be remembered both for his victories and his scandals... as a great champion but not as an "epic" one as Senna is remembered nowadays..you know what I mean? he's been the best but also the dirtiest player in the game.

Said Kitteh:

"I hate Alonso with a passion - he's nothing more than a smug, arrogant Spanish twat"

Wow... those are indeed some serious words of wisdom there, Kitteh.

This being the 1st time I remember seeing you on an F1 thread (normally used only by me, Beast, and NWO) I am looking forward to seeing you and more people participate on them, but with clever comments, please...let's leave the insults out of here. Alonso, apart from an "arrogant spanish twat" is the current 2 time world champion, and I guess that means something for normal people.

Oh, and you're free to hate whoever you like, (myself I hate many people but tend not to go public about it)... but I hope that you don't hate him because of the fact that he is spanish... that would be somewhat offensive :crazy:

nWo4life
motorised death

Post by nWo4life »

Said Kitteh:

"I hate Alonso with a passion - he's nothing more than a smug, arrogant Spanish twat"

Wow... those are indeed some serious words of wisdom there, Kitteh.

This being the 1st time I remember seeing you on an F1 thread (normally used only by me, Beast, and NWO) I am looking forward to seeing you and more people participate on them, but with clever comments, please...let's leave the insults out of here. Alonso, apart from an "arrogant spanish twat" is the current 2 time world champion, and I guess that means something for normal people.

Oh, and you're free to hate whoever you like, (myself I hate many people but tend not to go public about it)... but I hope that you don't hate him because of the fact that he is spanish... that would be somewhat offensive
Yes, y'know, I have to be honest, I think Alonso is a bitch too. But not because he is Spanish, and I think Kitteh thinks the same. I mean, I have heard people call Schmuacher a 'German sickhead', not because he is German, but because he is controversial. And I think the same goes for the comment Kitteh made. Don't take the Spanish part personal, after all I'm a uncultured Dutch bastard, Holik is a stupid Belgian, [url=mailto:K@VeRa">K@VeRa[/url] is a brainless stinking Brazilian, we're all crazy. :smile:

Back on topic, you said Rosberg is the biggest let down; I agree... And not. He started like dynamite indeed, but throughout the season Williams got weaker and weaker. I don't think it was Rosberg his fault, as Webber struggled to get in the top 16 qualifying numerous times. I think Rosberg his results are very dissapointing, but he showed in Bahrein and Malaysia that he was ready for the challenge, and he was made for F1.

You also mentioned that Schumacher will be remembered for his succes and his scandals, but y'know what, Senna and Prost were succesful and scandals too. They were not as often scum as Schumacher, but they have their history as well. (I think the difference is that Schumacher is a liar though).

I disagree on the Honda part though. That team just can not build a winning car. They always look great in qualifying, but they lack a good race pace. I think Honda is an 'always running-up' team, espacially with Barrichello at the team. They always scoop up points, but never dominate a race, let alone a championship.

Wolfheart
turbo bastard

Post by Wolfheart »

Nah... don't take me too seriously, It's just that I'm feeling a bit moody as of today... got some personal issues that must be dealt with and for a moment I vented out on the board...

Gonna smash something to see if my mind clears up...until then... peace :tongue:

Check who’s online