Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

I made a gun ?!

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Kitteh
Troll

I made a gun ?!

Post by Kitteh »

Kahr K9?! Compact american 9mm pistol!

Yes, the mag is a bit wrong?! Oh well, too late to fix it!
Deathrow
aka kyle_tdr

Re: I made a gun ?!

Post by Deathrow »

Bloody hell, thats really nice.

Is K9 a funny name for a glock? Because it looks alot like a glock.

Did you make it so it could be dissasembled? That would be really cool if you could lay all the parts out on a flat plane. Not much need for it if its going for some sort of game though.

Polycount?
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

Polycount is 2453. And dammit, it's not a Glock! Everyone keeps saying that. They're hardly similar!

Glock: polymer frame. Slide is a chamfered block. No seperate grip.

Kahr K9: Metal frame. Completely different shaped trigger guard. Much more complex slide, with angled slide grooves, groove thingys at the front, round indentation dealies at the way front, etc. Seperate wrap around grip. Small compared to Glock. Completely different shaped frame, with safety, mag release, and slide release in completely different shape and position.

Yes, it can be disassembled, I guess. Although the barrel isn't connected to the ejector block, so not really. But everything that needs to be there when the slide goes back and the mag comes out is there. No internal parts or anything though.
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

it dosnt realy look like a Glock... made one along time ago... tho whit a 6k polycount.... and that was just the upper part.

Very nice work on that one :cool:
"One chicken in a thousand is hatched near a road. One in every ten thousand of those ever tries to cross it. Half of them are run over by cars."
Qwerty_86
kill boss

Post by Qwerty_86 »

That looks pretty nice. Maybe you should try modelling the hole out because that's the only part I could find that detracts from it. I like the high res textures. It's so crisp and clear.
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

It's for a game though, so a hollow barrel is pointless, it just hurts FPS.
Qwerty_86
kill boss

Post by Qwerty_86 »

Could have fooled me. I thought you just made a gun for the hell of it looking at the quality. Hell, that polycount doesn't even suggest a game. I know there are a few C2 add-on cars with less polys than that!
Ree
driver

Post by Ree »

Very nice model indeed. :thumbsup:
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

Actually Qwerty, the polycount is pretty low for most games these days. I've seen M4 models that are 6000 polygons and run just fine ingame :smile:

Check who’s online