Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Found one of my dream bike..cycles today!

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Found one of my dream bike..cycles today!

Post by autopilot »

Well here it is! Scored one of my dream bikes today! According to serial number chart its from 1941. Double bar ccm baby, first one I actually seen in person and not in a photo! Sadly the fork is really bent, someone must had taken a huge jump on it or something, they are raked out to sunday!

I had planned last night to call a flea market a few towns away and ask if they had any old single speeds, and the guy said he did. I hung up the phone and brought a eatons glider 5sp I found in the trash into some rideability. I was planning on riding it there, jettisoning it and riding whatever bike I would buy home (brought a buncha wrenches and tubes/pump, screw drivrers lube and such too).

I had to put a crank arm on the glider cause I pulled the left one off for another bike some time ago, I took off the rack cause I wanted to keep it, I also wanted to save the front rim+wheel, so I put the worse one I could find in my parts stash. This proved a bad idea as it was really untrue and would rub the brakes hard, even when I pulled the cable loose. I eventually Pulled a wrench out and removed one of the pads and chucked it.

Riding this bike the whole way sucked, halfway there the crank grease was gone, the frame on this bike is slightly too big for me, so i had to worse crotch/ass pain ever.

But that all vanished when I saw this.. I now had rusty steel in mind!

The only single speed I could spot was a 60s supercycle cruiser.

I was about to ask if he had any others, but I went for a walk instead.

I went to the back part of the yard, I went to this place last year (I bought the '74 ccm ranger from this place) and there were a few old cruisers out back.. he told me then they werent for sale though, not that they were anything special.

and I found this.. My mind was blown. 28" double bar CCM. I grabbed it and brought it back to the front, grabbed the supercycle an brought em to "uncle rick". "how much for these??"

"$24 each."

I told him I'd give him $40 and the eatons Glider. Deal!

Now I had to ride 2 and a half hours with two bikes, it was one of the most grueling things Ive ever done, I was on the verge of passing out after 3 quarters of the way home, Plus I had to work tonight. By the time I was near home it was 10 to 5pm.. I work at 5pm. I brought both bikes to work and signed in for my shift. Maybe I shoulda just got the CCM, but oh well it was worth it, I'd do it again!

I also spotted this girls eaton glider 3 speed.. pretty much a sister of what I rode there.. thought that was pretty funny!

The CCM is still pretty sturdy despite the bent fork tube, im not worried about it snapping on me.. but hopefully I can find a replacement fork that would fit someday though.

Econobrick
Stucco

Re: Found one of my dream bike..cycles today!

Post by Econobrick »

That is inspiring stuff! Such items could hardly come more well-deserved?!! Exelsior?!
Vermilionvirus
turbo bastard

Post by Vermilionvirus »

ohh man, i hate having to take two bikes some were and only being able to ride one. It's such a pain. Some times i put a big basket on one and tie the other bike on with a junk tube or somthing. The blue ccm is so nice though. That fork almost looks like a chopper fork. I'd keep it.
K@VeRa
motorised death

Post by K@VeRa »

thos rust are so inspirating...ohh boy!
...why do we keep writing things down here...?

Check who’s online