Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

$5 computer?

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

$5 computer?

Post by autopilot »

So im cruising around on one of my bikes, and I pass this church which is having a basement sale, I wonder maybe they have an old bike there so I check it out. Just a couple of cheap mountain bikes, but I see a notebook computer sitting around some $2 black and white tvs and a boombox and crud like that. Its a compaq presario 700, looking it over it looks only a year or two old, even has a DVD player, I ask how much it is, they're like "ehh 5 bucks!" haha ok. I take it home and windows is all screwed up of course, so I reinstall windows XP on it, works fine! I guess the person messed windows up and was like "gee I broke it, damn, gotta get a new computer!" Its a 1.2 ghz, 256mb ram, 20 gig hard drive, dvd player/cd writer combo (i think), talk about a score? The only bitch is I just bought a notebook thats slightly a little better a few days ago for $600, but oh well, now Ive got a backup I guess.

bruner_james
The Dancing Bear

Re: $5 computer?

Post by bruner_james »

thats a freaking good deal. Me and my friends at school were talking about getting one but hell we don't make enough money to afford it.

I'll give ya 100 dollars for it :smile: thats a profit on your hand.. :thumbsup: (but serously I will buy it from you if you don't need)
Still lazy.
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

Wow, that's an amazing deal for a good laptop. It's always fun to take advantage of idiots like that :tongue:
Qwerty_86
kill boss

Post by Qwerty_86 »

Wow, that's a hell of a good deal! And I thought my manager's friend got a good deal. My manager told me her friend, who loves garage sales, bought a laptop for $10. It didn't have a hard drive or memory, but it still had the other stuff intact. Add a cheap HD and some RAM and it's still a good deal.
K@VeRa
motorised death

Post by K@VeRa »

c´mon auto!!

be serious!!

u paid 10 dollars right?...and said 5 just to mess with us :wink:

damm i wish some ppl down here could be so "slow" in pc stuff...
...why do we keep writing things down here...?
ApeX__
Banned

Post by ApeX__ »

Hey auto, i'll buy that from you for $20 :tongue:
Haha Fuck you Kitteh
bruner_james
The Dancing Bear

Post by bruner_james »

I already offered 100 :P
Still lazy.