Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

New and improved

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

New and improved

Post by autopilot »

I got bored and decided to mess around with one of my bikes, nothing major really - just a repaint mostly and parts swapping, I decided to use one of my red CCM cruisers, which some of you might remember, from the '70s I believe, "the one that started it all":

Heres how it looked when I first got her Late may, 2005.

Here it is in january '06, I replaced some parts, those chrome fenders had badly rusted out by winters end.

Prepared for re-spray.

Image Image

And here she is now, not much left for original parts on it. Ah, just like getting a "new" bike!

My spray paint cans state thats "Caterpillar yellow", so thats what that is on the frame if you're curious. I wanted to pick some kinda yellow color to go with the blue fenders I was planning to put on it. I just painted over the original paint, but at least when the bike gets scratched it will look like its "cut", haha?

The back racks top bolting holes wouldnt line up with my seat post bolt, and the seat stays got in the way anyways, so I had to duct tape it at the top (heh), same with the fork truss rod on the front, dont have any clamp piece for that, so.. duct tape!

The bike originally came with a sticker for a "headbadge" which I removed long ago for some reason, I then glued on a CCM badge from a "Targa" 10 speed road bike I found in the trash one night, but the badge fell off; its probably on the side of some long lost road somewhere; the glue gobs remained outlining the "CCM" name though, so I just painted those globs gold (wanted to go with blue, but have no blue paint.. will repaint that later).

Maybe I can find a blue chainguard for it sometime, and blue handlebar grips. I had a few white and blue two tone seats which woulda been fitting for this, but they were as uncomfy as hell so I chucked 'em out long ago.
coffeycup
Genesis

Re: New and improved

Post by coffeycup »

I love the old bikes you got, but man, I really wanna get one of these Felt Cruisers
Vermilionvirus
turbo bastard

Post by Vermilionvirus »

nah, you don't want a russian bride.... save an old girl from the trash heep.

Auto, thats a fine ride, not my choice of a color combo, but still very nice. When I get my digital camera back, I'll post some pictures of my new ride, a 1965 schwinn tiger 2-speed

autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

Cool.. is the hub a kick back one, or automatic (I hear it shifts itself into a higher gear when the speed is right)? CCM had some 2 speed duomatic bikes in the 60s, I wouldnt mind getting a rear rim from one actually seeing that they still use a coaster brake.
Econobrick
Stucco

Post by Econobrick »

It turned out marvelous! 'Nuff said?!
K@VeRa
motorised death

Post by K@VeRa »

man those bikes are marvelous,and i must ask...where and how u found those "relics"? they are hard things to be seen around...

congratulations for ur "collection"!!
...why do we keep writing things down here...?
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

They're out there, hard to find, but they are out there. I've had success with flea markets/yard sales, most of them I actually simply spotted rusting away in peoples yards while riding around on my bike and inquiring about buying em, sometimes they'll just say "take it!". I do a lot of riding, so I spot a lotta bikes. I brought a few home from a scrap yard.. now scrap yards aint gonna give stuff away, but you can tip toe around that by going there in the cover of night (; Victimless crime if you ask me, they're just gonna melt these/cut em up for their steel, I call myself a hero. If you're lucky you can find something in the trash even (i've yet to find anything cool in the trash), but I found a 3 speed once, and I actually brought home a 5 speed today from the trash, which is basically a rebadged '69-'72 raleigh sprite. Nothing I like, but it will be fun to screw around on and crash into shit.

I dont know what you can find over there in your country though, I suspect you're old bikes over there were english ones, probably raleighs with Rod brakes, Nothing cool really, but still better then anything modern.
Detroit_Diesel
Cadillac Enthusiast

Post by Detroit_Diesel »

Its like Auto said, you gotta search..

i found a neat bike here, i dont know about the year but its pure steel

Theres no welds in this bike, its all build with structure.

and man, that is heavy..

Made in Shangay :grin:

here´s a picture

"So many pedestrians, so little time." Feel like some road kill today?
ApeX__
Banned

Post by ApeX__ »

damn DD, now thats a Nice Bike
Haha Fuck you Kitteh

Check who’s online