Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Is anyone here aware...

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Junkpile
mindless

Is anyone here aware...

Post by Junkpile »

that Chevy is showing of their semi-retro Camaro? I was wondering what all of you guy's thought of it. Here's one pic for you to view if you haven't seen it yet. I have quite a few more if you want to see them. :wink:

Peace & love, my Brotha... SPLAT!!!
Turbo
mechanic

Re: Is anyone here aware...

Post by Turbo »

I think its killer its new yet retro would'nt complain if i had one in my garage :grin: new cam
GIBona
driver

Post by GIBona »

its... badass or something, i like it !

post your images man!
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

The rims are totally of :thumbsdown: and the back lights...ugh...what were they thinking?

IF they want a retro look they should use classic rims, softer body looks and sorts of that...its just...too..."going with the hype" sort of thing.

Nevertheless i would want to own one of that hehe..but i would certainly do adjustments.
Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

I like it quite a bit. It's certainly better looking then the Challenger concept.
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Post by Mad Max RW »

It is definitely better than the Challenger concept, and it is exciting to see an interest in retro. But it's still a bit of a joke. The past is best left in the past. Digging up and butchering classic styles is no way to honor them. The Japs are crushing American auto makers, and they're pulling every idea out of their ass to try and stop it. This is not a good one.
Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

Japanese (and European) manufacturers are crushing US car manufacturers simply because US car manufacturers can not build cars on the same level. Instead of 1960s inspired engine size, it would be nice to see some 2000s inspired interior quality.

The new Pontiac Solstice comes to mind - it looks pretty good, but it's not a good car overall. It's 2.4 litre churns out (just) 177 horsepower. There is no space in the back for anything but a toothbrush and a bar of soap, and the interior is just cruddy when compared to what people get in the Mazda MX-5 for example.

Or the Viper. 8 liter V10. Right. Yeah, it's fast, in a straight line. Introduce it to that weird thing that we from the rest of the world like to call 'a corner' and it'll cry like a 12 year old girl. Yeah, the Viper does look good, but don't shove the sportscar or supercar nomenclature about it down my throat - becase it's neither. It's a cruiser, plain and simple. And for cruising, it doesn't need that gargantuan engine.

The only american car worthy of being called a sportscar is the new Corvette. It's really good. Sure, the interior is from the 1960s, which was inspired by cars in the 1930s, but the 'vette can actually go around corners at a decent pace.
K@VeRa
motorised death

Post by K@VeRa »

in one word...AWESOME

the front loosk like the old camaros from the 60´s...anyone correct me if im wrong... :wink:
...why do we keep writing things down here...?
Detroit_Diesel
Cadillac Enthusiast

Post by Detroit_Diesel »

i like it...

but talkn about style..

i think that it need some chrome bumpers!

those new cars doesnt even looks havin a bumper..

and that makes me real sad :rofl:

bumpers are important for me! :grin:

BUMP! :wink:
"So many pedestrians, so little time." Feel like some road kill today?
Alex_Dynamite
road raged psycho

Post by Alex_Dynamite »

Hey there, Junkpile!

I think it looks great! Mean, even! :thumbsup:

But I'm worried. Are those front-end designs going to get too repetitive? :crazy:
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

I agree with pretty much everything posted so far. I was kinda curious what you all thought of this car. Because honestly, I had been hoping for Chevrolet to take this route with the Camaro ever since Ford went retro with the Mustang. But, I'm a bit let down by this design. :sad:
ApeX__
Banned

Post by ApeX__ »

The only american car worthy of being called a sportscar is the new Corvette.
What about the Ford GT40?
Haha Fuck you Kitteh
Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

I think the design is really good - just that a different collor would suit it much better.

Here's a quick jab at making it gunmetal black.

AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

Is great to see these "classics revivals", of course these will never replace the original legends, but I think it was about time that the US manufacturers started doing this. It'll be an excellent way to bring back the Camaro, this and the Challenger concept are by far the best concepts I've seen, for my taste, that is :wink: true to their roots :cool:
Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

The challenger probably wouldn't sell in Europe, but GM should bite the bullet and try to sell the new Camaro in Europe. Imports of the new Mustang are seilling like hotcakes in Europe, even if for the price (of the imported car, not the Mustang's price in the US) you can get a car that is substantially better.

There are rumours of European tuners installing a limited slip diff in the back of the Mustang. That's gotta be amazing - because in all honesty, the live axle that thing has in the back is only good for going in a straight line.

Vermilionvirus
turbo bastard

Post by Vermilionvirus »

plain and simple.... Automotive design died with harely earl....
Carboy717
road raged psycho

Post by Carboy717 »

Hmmm yeah i saw it at the auto show in detroit when they unveiled it.. its pretty badass.. probly will make it to production allong with the Dodge Challenger
TheJabMan
.:protagonist:.

Post by TheJabMan »

And probably come with the option of the Ecotec engine, lol.... ah it's not so bad...

the nose can go die, and give the tires some space from the body, and it's pretty nice...

Though, I liked the Challenger concept, it looked like a challenger... the charger on the other hand is an asshat.
Mustang
Hot Sexy Man Beast

Post by Mustang »

its got too much soild frontal area. that makes it boxy in my eyes where the early models had less frontal making them more smooth.

and they have exaggerated the lines around the rear wheels too much.

Evil Blarg
road raged psycho

Post by Evil Blarg »

That old Mustang do-over kicked quite some stuff into gear, didn't it?

Nice to see some semi-recognizable faces coming back to the road.

Even if they won't be on Dutch roads...
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Yayus. Methinks Mad Max RW and Beasty hit the nail on the head squarely.

The Japanese are kicking ass with much better cars lately.

The American auto industry could take a few more lessons from them besides how to lose money.

The U.S. auto industry got totally on the SUV band wagon back in the 90s and now they can't give 'em away. Even used they're selling like crap-the used market is glutted with Expeditions, Explorers, Yukons, and other mammoth pig-boats. Even Hummers-the gods of pig-boats are selling to only the richest.

Nobody can practically afford to feed them, much less buy them.

I can see some vestiges of the old '67 Camaro and a lil' bit o' the ol' Firechicken in that new Camaro, but I don't think it does the originals any justice. The closest thing I've seen to an accurate retro-oldie is the new mustang. Once Ford kicked Homey G. and his FnF thinking off their design team, they actually came up with a car that looked like the old Mustang.

That's still the closest thing to the original I've seen so far.

I drive one of the first of the retro oldies and it doesn't really look anything like any Chrysler product used to. If you back up and squint at it some-you might see a likeness to a '39 Plymouth from the side, but the grille is all '34 Ford. I guess ya could cal it a "FordChevAmChrysWagen."

I guess they said "Let's make it just look old style insteada like something we used to make."

Reason I like mine? It's got rounded lines like the old cars had. Aside from the new 'Stang, which is kinda boxy like the original, the Camaro looks to me much like a neo-cubist thing. All angular and sharp which is not necessarily a bad thing, but it ain't a Camaro.
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Alex_Dynamite
road raged psycho

Post by Alex_Dynamite »

TheJabMan: ... the charger on the other hand is an asshat.

You just HAD to say asshat, didn't you? Look what you made me do! Image
ApeX__
Banned

Post by ApeX__ »

:rofl:
Haha Fuck you Kitteh
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

Maybe it is a color thing... The Gunmetal Black did help the sharp lines to not be so noticeable. But, they are still there. I think they are the biggest reason I don't care for this one...

My opinion on retro's;

Camaro: Has some nice element's but, it's too sharp! :supercrazy:

Challenger: Very true to the orinal. Too true IMO. :tongue:

Mustang: Almost perfect... :crazy:

Prowler: Neat as Hell but, faded away quickly. :sad:

PT Cruiser: Very nice but, not my thing.

SSR: Very interesting. Chevy AND Pickup. I love it! :wink:

See, I am a Chevy person. But, I do beleive that the retro Mustang is a much nicer design than this Camaro. How can that be?!? :confused:
Morbid Angel
speed freak

Post by Morbid Angel »

I dunno ... I'm not really a car fan but I prefer the look of the old cars than modern cars.

My brother in law owns a Camaro 68 convertible.

It's really a great car with a nice look. It's powerful stuff, it looks like it could never die.

But modern cars are beautiful and so on, but we could easily feel that they'll never be able to still roll in 20 or 30 years !

No ?

Maybe am I wrong.

Check who’s online