Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

whats in a name...

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
blacksunshine
turbo bastard

whats in a name...

Post by blacksunshine »

What's in a name? i see so many names on this site, and i wonder how you guys came up with'em...?

for ex. how i got my name, i love white zombie and this song "Blacksunshine" is about a mustang/400hp :tongue:

that tears up the night... what meaning does yours have?

"This place, will now be your home again untill your death"
Triad2Much
motorised death

Re: whats in a name...

Post by Triad2Much »

mine was just a troublesome registration and I happened to be playin gta3 at the time..

Triad 2 much, to register.

sad really..

used to be deathchamber,and there was no reason for that, but I forgot my p-word and the e-mail that the p-word would get sent to no longer existed. so.. I made this one. :eek:
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

It all stems from the letters D and B.

...as in "Dain_Bramaged"
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
8bit_Mind
turbo bastard

Post by 8bit_Mind »

my name is easy to guess...

i used to play a lot of nintendo 8 bit games when i was a kid, and i still love nes games more than everyones in the world
Defcon
hit n run

Post by Defcon »

Mine ..comes from a comic book : Defcon_04

penciled by matt broome(great arist)

only months later , i discovered what actualy meant DefCon (DEFencive CONdition) a code used by the USA air force....

but basicly because i loved the comic!! :grin: :grin:
ApeX__
Banned

Post by ApeX__ »

My name? Fuck who cares....
Haha Fuck you Kitteh
K@VeRa
motorised death

Post by K@VeRa »

Mine comes from some stuff that connected created me...lol

i like skulls...and skull in portugues is Caveira...the first skin i released was name KAVERA...cuz it had a skull in the back...i just made a word changes...then i think why not take this nick for me...then i removed the "A" and added the @ in the place...and its done...a nick was [url=mailto:created...K@VeRa...or">created...K@VeRa...or[/url] Kav...lol
...why do we keep writing things down here...?
TheJabMan
.:protagonist:.

Post by TheJabMan »

Initials are J A B. meh?
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

I like cats.
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

I really don't think I need to explain mine... :wink:
Peace & love, my Brotha... SPLAT!!!
Wolfheart
turbo bastard

Post by Wolfheart »

I was born in the northwest part of spain, one of the few places where there are still some wolves left. I remember hearing them at night when I was a kid... so I've always liked 'em, hence the name.
blacksunshine
turbo bastard

Post by blacksunshine »

that is pretty neat how all of you came up with a name. my name goes hand and hand with the car

from mad max. has a twist... :tongue:
The Blue Mule
hit n run

Post by The Blue Mule »

Mine comes from the movie White Line Fever, where an independent trucker fights corruption at a trucking /shipping company. The drivers truck was christened The Blue Mule-The Happy Honky.

Great Film with a great climax ala my avatar. :cool:

Rich
"To all you fellow shitkickers I'm commencing broadcast from my new bucket which from now on will be known as The Blue Mule".- White Line Fever 1975.
blacksunshine
turbo bastard

Post by blacksunshine »

have to check it out.
doomandemol
69et01

Post by doomandemol »

doom and demol

is the 2 person user me and one of my friend

demol (is me is me) because i am derby fan

doom just because is name is dominic

M®. £üñ¢hßØx
WetDogx2

Post by M®. £üñ¢hßØx »

High school nickname, with that stupid-ass l337 crap or whatever. Yeah. I hate it. :tongue:
HAHA OMG I NEVR KNO WUT 2 PUT IN THIS THINGS!!11 LOLZ!111 OMG FUXXORZ IM BAD AT HTIS
Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

When I first started going online, mainly on IRC, ages ago, I used 'zveroid' as a nickname - and some of the people around here might remmember it from ages ago. Anyway, 'zver' is Macedonian for 'beast', and 'oid' comes from my love for androids and robots in general.

Been using 'Beast' as a nickname for ages. In the past few years, I've been using 'zeroSignal' quite often aswell, and come to think of it, the CWA Board is one of the few places where I'm still known as 'Beast'. zeroSignal comes from a Fear Factory song - Zero Signal.

AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

... I don't know why I haven't thought of "A3DR" before :rofl: :shock:

Anyway, AdR stands for my initials... Alberto Daniel Russo. 'nuff said.
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

think we have done this before ?!

anyhow, n3wton meh surname is newton :smile: see what I have done! clever a!! :P
MuscleCarFreak
speed freak

Post by MuscleCarFreak »

@Beast: Ain't that the song from the C1 intro? Fitted pretty nice there. One of the best game soundtracks ever, generally.

My name's origin is pretty obvious I think. Though you should keep in mind that the "freak" in it is not meant to say that I'm a total geek who knows every little technical detail about muscle cars or so, it's rather a self ironic title considering the plenty of money that I throw away for my muscle car passion, lol. The credits for the abbreviation "MCF" go to Beast :wink: .

On music related boards/discussions I call myself RockMessiah, like an awesome rare song from '89 by Helmet.
Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

Yep. That's the one.

I first heard of Fear Factory via C1, back in uh.. 1996 or 1997. Been a fan ever since.
MuscleCarFreak
speed freak

Post by MuscleCarFreak »

I don't want to go too far off-topic, but speaking of music, anyone ever heard of The Mark Of Cain? The "This is This" album from 2001 is one of the best hard records of the last years I think.
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

An interesting question, mine is analagous to my surname, Hewer, which means something like 'cutter of trees, drawer of water'.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post deleted by coffeycup

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Detroit_Diesel
Cadillac Enthusiast

Post by Detroit_Diesel »

why?

its cuz...

Detroit Diesel its a engine... but not just a engine its the engine. :grin::thumbsup: :rofl:

he have a real obscene torque :lol:

u can use it in almost everything :lol:

u can find these beautyfull pices of engineering in Newlooks, Caterpillars some trucks and in the ACV-S :eek:

ACV-S Picture:

The detroit :eek:

"So many pedestrians, so little time." Feel like some road kill today?
El Barto
turbo bastard

Post by El Barto »

my name is EL BARTO becos i like make grafittis with that name in the desks of the school. :yingyang:
suicide_jockey
turbo bastard

Post by suicide_jockey »

@Toshiba: haha :rofl: nice.

@Black sunshine: i thank DB for my Name, hes the one that came up with it. when i first got her i couldnt comeup with a good idea for a name, i used to be kelctic findings, but then DB came up with this awesome name, he also came up eith Guitarzan, but i choose thissen. i choose this one cause it explains me, im crazy and i live life on the edge. i reacall a suicide jockey bein a flat out crazy trucker back in the day right DB?
Qwerty_86
kill boss

Post by Qwerty_86 »

First 6 letter keys on a standard keyboard plus the last two digits of the year I was born.
Carboy717
road raged psycho

Post by Carboy717 »

mines obvious ive been usuing it since i was at least 8 or 9 and its stuck with me all the way.. on LFS i'm known as Knight Rider whihc i got from my love the that show :grin:.. i think i may change it soon.. i donno.. iits strating to get old.. lol
K@VeRa
motorised death

Post by K@VeRa »

nice family...can u tell us who are all of them...lol
...why do we keep writing things down here...?
DEMENTOR
demented bastard

Post by DEMENTOR »

DEMENTOR

Derives from me using it as my name in the first 'Destruction Derby'.

It just seemed to suit the mood of the game, [font color="black">dark</font color> and [font color="red">evily</font color>.

I then used it in 'DD2' and so I stuck with it.

The downside of this name is that it is also a character from the Harry Potter books.

Which I am very unhappy with.....they stole my identity :shock:
<---- 1970 Plymouth Superbird (Richard Petty Replica) at Brooklands.
nWo4life
motorised death
Location: Let me explain something to you people. What happens on this board I take REAL serious. I don't care who you are, how big you are (or how small). I'm nWo4life!! And I've come here, to FIGHT!!

Post by nWo4life »

Cool thread. I enjoyed reading it. My nickname comes from the (former) Wrestling group (If you don't know me by now; I am a fucking sick wrestling fan) nWo, the New World Order. I digged their style, their logo was cool, and they were good in Wrestling :smile: I started this nickname when the nWo returned and bla bla bla and I joined some kind of Wrestling forum, where a hot topic was about the return of the nWo, so I decided to put the catchphrase of the nWo (N -- DOUBLE U -- O -- f-f-f-for life) in my nickname. From that moment the nWo4life monster was born on the internet! :mad:

I have several other nicknames, like maRyn 3:16. My name is Marijn, and I also dig 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin ('nother Wrestler, who uses another nickname '3:16'). I wanted to do something evil with my name. It turned out that the middle sign had to be a headcase, so I changed the ij to y, and crap like that. It is like math. Damnit. Have to do some homework... Shit... I'll explain later.

Oh, before I leave, I always wanted to do something like: "Marinsane", but y'know, sounds too childish.

Greetz, nWo4life
"I never thought ye had it in ye." - Ken Shamrock

"I have registered myself for the 30th (Look: we're still counting!) time... Does this officially make me an attention-seeking internet whore? No?" - Mr. Hawk
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Back in the '70's there was a truckin' song called 'Convoy' where is mentioned a "Suicide Jockey."

They just weren't expected to live long doing what they did.....

A Suicide Jockey was what other truckers called a guy who hauled explosives or extremely flammable materials through the Rocky Mountains on (I-10, I believe it was), where many an overloaded truck would experience brake burn-out if the proper downshifting procedure was not followed-this was in the days before the Jacobs Exhaust Diverter engine brake-going over the Rockies was bad enough in a correctly weighted truck, but overloaded rigs are common and driving hazardous materials like explosives (nitroglycerine being chief among them for the big WPA excavation projects) and flammable liquids such as gasoline and methanol, bound for points midwest and descending from such high altitudes was just insane.

Air tanks charge differently at high altitudes-they're not quite as effective for brake pressure at lower altitudes (such as halfway down a mountain. And lotsa the older rigs had HYDRAULIC brakes which would boil the fluid if they got too hot-and a gas doesn't compress like a liquid-meaning NO BRAKES..), and brake linings weren't made of the tough stuff they're made of now, so they tended to overheat and spall away quickly if ridden too long on those long 15 percent grades, leaving the driver with 40,000 lbs of instant, fiery death freewheeling headlong down some of the highest, steepest mountains in the U.S.

That's what those long uphill ramps on the side of mountain roads were for-those of you who may live in Colorado may be familiar with them-they're called "runaway ramps" for runaway downhill rigs. They gave the driver a last chance to jump from his cab before the rig hit the sand buffer at the end of the ramp (usually doing 100 MPH or better). The sand buffers weren't to stop the truck. They seldom did. They were the last opportunity to slow it down some more before it launched either over or through the buffer and crashed the rest of the way down the mountain or until it hit something that didn't move or just vaporized from the ignition of it's cargo.

That's why old truckin' songs are good ones. They describe some of the hairy death rides that some suicide jockeys took and SURVIVED (which was rare.).

(Lil' history trivia break. I'm done hijacking the topic now, proceed...) :grin:
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post deleted by coffeycup

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
suicide_jockey
turbo bastard

Post by suicide_jockey »

yeah thanks for the story, it was a gooden, i live in colorado and i see those truck ramps all the time, nothing real exciting to see but theyre around here.

Check who’s online